NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is interesting. I always wondered why half brother Byron mentioned that AD should have a second chance. What happened on her first chance??.

Also, I do not think that the Lockharts are rolling in dough. The reward for Shaniya was only $1000
That reward in it self is telling. Who puts up a $1000 reward for your child! I would have put up at the very least $10,000. They could have sold furniture, cars to at least get the $10,000. That reward makes no sense to me. I would be embarrassed if I lived in that home and that reward was publicly announced.
It sounds like a reward for a pet!

Sorry! that pees me off.

That reward in it self is telling. Who puts up a $1000 reward for your child! I would have put up at the very least $10,000. They could have sold furniture, cars to at least get the $10,000. That reward makes no sense to me. I would be embarrassed if I lived in that home and that reward was publicly announced.
It sounds like a reward for a pet!

Sorry! that pees me off.

I don't think they put up any reward, I think that was crime stoppers wasn't it?

How did BL think AD was going to pay for a baby sitter while she worked her part time low paying job?

Did he know something about some other work she was doing for extra money?

Oh, I understood that Coe was the one watching Shaniya while AD worked....guess that BL wasn't at all upset with that! :furious: sarcasm!

ITA - I just went back and looked at the search warrant for AD (Thanks Dr Fessell) and I think (hope) LE must have some evidence; as it reads, "on or about 11/10/09...." for AD's charges and for MAM's charges.

http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/17/6440077/davis.pdf
http://www.wral.com/asset/news/local/2009/11/20/6465298/mcneillwarrants.pdf

Wow...I am always amazed at how you guys find this stuff.
Those documents are basically the charges being filed against them and that they have provided enough evidence to the DA's office that they feel comfortable trying the case.
Unfortunately, it doesn't say under what grounds they are charging her or what evidence they have, which means that its possible that Dr. Fessell is right and that it was for previous incidents.

MAM is pretty much a slam dunk and will HOPEFULLY get the needle (although unfortunately that also means he'll be kept from Gen Pop)

AD is where things seem to get tricky.

HLN is reporting DCFS did investigat both Shaniya and her brother at the mothers home.

Rut Ro! I think I now understand the reason that BL needs an attorney! BINGO!

I hope they can connect the two. I would think maybe they can call her whole existence at that trailer sexual servitude therefore a continous felony going on.

That could happen...which could give her a lot of time, but no murder charges. She'd be eligible for parole. She'd have to register as a sex offender, but we all know that although the tracking system is a great tool...I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking sex crimes, especially against children should be an automatic life sentence.

Almost caught up... was really disappointed to read this statement.

"We obviously make decisions in life that sometimes have repercussions or adverse situations that drift from our decision. We just have to continue to believe in God and hope that our decisions are the correct ones," he said...

Lockhart said he didn't think he missed any warning signs that Shaniya would be at risk if he accepted Davis's request to help raise the girl.

"I don't think I really missed any. Of course there's always speculation. There's always things you could look at and say, well maybe, maybe not," Lockhart said.

I think it's pretty clear this choice wasn't the "correct one." And I am sad to think that in hindsight even, he sees no reason he shouldn't have sent her there... in fact, it sounds to me like he's saying there's no reason, given the same circumstances, to not do it again. Honestly it's just heartbreaking when we can't reflect and learn anything from even the most tragic consequences--the death of this beautiful child. Or make the link--even in retrospect--between our choices or judgment, and the outcome.

Meanwhile wondering if anyone can kindly tell me why BL even needs a lawyer--any lawyer, from any state--seriously, I don't get it.
:waitasec:

:parrot:

Hiding behind God again! I was also disappointed by his refusal to take responsibility for his actions. I would have respect for him if he said something like, "Look, I know I made a terrible mistake and I am going to be living with guilt for the rest of my life." His attitude during the interview was mild and almost businesslike. There's something off about him.

Additionally: FACT: As much as BL claims to be a "wonderful, generous, loving daddy", only 2 days worth of Shaniya's wardrobe were sent with her for an at least, 5 week stay, if not for a forever stay. \

I hope they sent her scooter with her! :furious: More sarcasm!

Maybe they were scared she put a dent in the trailer!!!!:furious:

Then we obviously see and interpret things differently. I respect your right to post your interpretations without being personally attacked for them. :)

Of course, everyone has the right to post their interpretations. It is probably a good idea to consider your post carefully, and be sure to make it clear when you are posting an interpretation or an opinion, though, rather than a fact.

When you post that someone has made something clear, when the reality is that is not factually true but rather based on your interpretation/opinion, you can hardly be surprised to be called on that. It is certainly not intended as a personal attack, just an attempt to distinguish fact from opinion.

This is an article I have been looking for. I believe the reporter has the dates wrong or Aunt Carey does. Someone was asking for the article with the statement from AD- "You'll never see Shaniya again."

Questions swirl after girl's body discovered
Police have mother in custody on sex-trafficking and abuse charges, but aren't detailing suspicions

A little more than a week before Shaniya Davis vanished, her mother told Carey Lockhart, the aunt who helped raise the 5-year-old, that she'd never see Shaniya again.

snip

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

"I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do," said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

"I knew when (my brother) came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this," Lockhart said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

"My wife says she saw cigarette burns on Shaniya's arms," said Brad's friend Tim Allen, who says he is very angry over what happened.

Byron Coleman, Brad's ex-father-in-law, said Shaniya "had burns on her legs, arms and things" after visits with her mother.

"She had a cigarette burn on the corner of her eye, which she claimed her grandma did when she went over there," added Shaniya's half sister Cheyenne Lockhart.

The three all claimed that the 5-year-old suffered physical abuse while in the custody of her mother.

http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/44620/some-claim-shaniya-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home

Now rumor has it DSS wanted to take away Shaniya's 7-year old brother because he had severe burns. Nevertheless, AD did not loose custody. :furious:

One of his children said she wasn't supposed to be over there.

More than one child, 1.Cheyenne, 2.Mr. Allen whom she lives with, 3.didn't Byron make that statement also?? 4.along with the ex-father-in-law??

If I'm wrong, please someone correct me.

And I have seen first hand very dedicated CPS agents in several counties in NC who do their best to protect the children.

Totally agree.

Most social workers care very strongly about their careers and their cause. Many care "too much" leading to it being the fastest burn out rate on almost any job in US. I read somewhere that most social workers burn out on the job faster than it took them to earn the credentials to do the job.

Their hands are tied by the system, by the budget, by the die hard goal to keep biological families together at all costs (way past the point of common sense).

Think about how emotionally draining it can be to read the details in all these cases. Now make them 3D, dependent on you, seeing the conditions that don't meet the standards of intervention, being lied to by women covering for their loser boyfriends, knowing they are lying and not being able to prove until the damage is more visible. Go through all the effort and work to get them removed to have them returned and killed. How many times do you think you could do that?

Are their stereotypical "county workers" punching the clock, doing the minimum, filing the paperwork and going home? Of course their are, but I believe they are the exception not the rule.

Closing this thread please continue [ame=http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4483376#post4483376]Here[/ame]

"My wife says she saw cigarette burns on Shaniya's arms," said Brad's friend Tim Allen, who says he is very angry over what happened.

Byron Coleman, Brad's ex-father-in-law, said Shaniya "had burns on her legs, arms and things" after visits with her mother.

"She had a cigarette burn on the corner of her eye, which she claimed her grandma did when she went over there," added Shaniya's half sister Cheyenne Lockhart.

The three all claimed that the 5-year-old suffered physical abuse while in the custody of her mother.

http://wake.mync.com/site/wake/news%7CSports%7CLifestyles/story/44620/some-claim-shaniya-davis-was-at-risk-and-needed-a-better-home

Now rumor has it DSS wanted to take away Shaniya's 7-year old brother because he had severe burns. Nevertheless, AD did not loose custody. :furious:

Didn't BL admit he saw a couple (or one not sure)cigs. burns,but when Shaynia was asked about it she didn't elaborate about it.Not sure Tv or read it.

This is an article I have been looking for. I believe the reporter has the dates wrong or Aunt Carey does. Someone was asking for the article with the statement from AD- "You'll never see Shaniya again."

Questions swirl after girl's body discovered
Police have mother in custody on sex-trafficking and abuse charges, but aren't detailing suspicions

A little more than a week before Shaniya Davis vanished, her mother told Carey Lockhart, the aunt who helped raise the 5-year-old, that she'd never see Shaniya again.

snip

Shaniya went to visit her mother on Oct. 31. Lockhart said she packed Shaniya enough clothes for two days and expected to pick her up that Sunday.

But on Sunday morning, Lockhart said, Davis called and told her that she'd never see Shaniya again. Lockhart said Davis was angry that she had disciplined Shaniya for getting into a fight with her cousins.

"I was at a loss; I had no idea what to do," said Lockhart, who had no formal custody of Shaniya and could not demand her return.

"I knew when (my brother) came home, we were going to have to go to court and make some changes so we didn't have to endure this," Lockhart said.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/408/story/1060102.html

This article has always bugged me...I know that the date was wrong wether the writer did it or CL, but I've heard CL say that she packed her two days worth of clothes and then dropped her off for the weekend. Then she was told that she would never see her again, contacted BL and allegedly was told she was going to be staying there permanetly. I know we've all wanted to slap Dad several times, but has anyone thought that Dad left Shaniya in the care of his sister and the CL didn't follow through with checking on SHaniya. I understand that they didn't have legal custody, but if that was my neice, having actually gone to the trailer and seeing the conditions, that when I received a call that I would never see her again...I would have called the police. Regardless of what my brother said, I've seen the poophole...I know she wouldn't have been able to take her, but at least the police would have seen the conditions and probably would have removed all of the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaRhea82