MO - Lisa Irwin, 10 months, Kansas City, 4 Oct 2011 - #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Denalves, does your brother Christopher have a missing thread here on Websleuths? If not, we need to make one for him.

If you're talking about the river near the dump and Edwardsville (The Irwin's live up north and I don't know how close they are to the river up there), but the one here, the Kansas/Kaw River has been high and moving quickly. I personally wouldn't go out in a boat on the river because of the undertow.

While it's not a roaring rapids type river, it does get moving.

Here's a link that shows exactly where LE was searching earlier today. It's where Woodend and S 9th St. merge. It's really not a corner ... you don't stop, you just follow Woodend around the bend and you're on 9th. I think they were right where the blue teardrop is located. It could be there's a boat ramp there, I just don't know. I know there's a parking lot, but I don't know what all is down in that area.

http://www.kansasriver.org/river-access/river-map/edwardsville

If you move the map up, so you're going south, the dump is a little to the southeast. It's to the west of 435 and east of the streets (it's a neighborhood). I didn't realize that the housing developments were that close to the dump. Those people are always complaining about the smell, but the dump has been there for a long, long time. I think Deffenbaugh just got a 10-year extension to keep adding to the dump. It was maybe 3-4 years ago, so this dump is about full.

Thank you very much for this! :)

Very good question, and can't find an answer. It's pretty slow moving in the city because of dams just north of there (if memory serves). But it's swift enough that most bodies dumped in it will resurface (if they do at all) miles downriver from K.C. I remember there was a time when a serial killer was murdering prostitutes (think I posted this before on earlier thread) and the bodies would eventually wash up from the river or be found in it miles away.

Can vouch for this, I live right on the banks of the river. Bodies that end up in the water are either never found or wash up far away.

I'm not sure a teen could pull this off, and have the baby not be found, in a week's time. But who knows, teens do all sorts of things I never would have thought they would do.

I am thinking that it could be pulled off, if the baby is no longer with us.

If one of the boys was with mom the father couldn't have looked on the boys without getting into the mother's bedroom. So that is a confusing idea (looking at the boys) coming from the father. He could have only looked at one boy, since the other one was with mom.

Don't the boys share a room? Maybe he checked their "room", & moved on to the next room - where he found Deborah & the little guy (but no Pumpkin Pie)

What is in the back yard? There had to have been a tip , a ping something that keeps bringing them back there. Ugghhhh

Maybe they are Calling the Phones!!! Hoping to hear one ring.

I did see that he did get in. But what I was implying is that it wasn't easy with both having assistance to get up to the window and a sliding window falling down on him.

I don't see how it could have been done silently, in a home full of people.

Why THAT baby?
It'd be easier to take one from a shopping cart, a car, or while it's unwatched, outdoors.

BDE,
I posted the same thoughts a few days back. When I watched the families 'standing' interview, Lisa's dad looked tall...way taller than D.

imo

I haven't read every thread or all of the posts on some, but I was curious about Lisa's size and did some sleuthing on baby sites for charts that provided height/weight info.

Have the parents been seen anywhere in public since Friday night at the hotel? I know it has been said that they met with LE on Saturday, sat down with them, ect.

I looked at the pics of the vigil last night and did not see either of them there. Did I miss that?

..no, they have not.

..tweets yesterday said they were not at the racetrack handing out flyers/selling t-shirts or present at the evening vigil.

I don't see how it could have been done silently, in a home full of people.

Why THAT baby?
It'd be easier to take one from a shopping cart, a car, or while it's unwatched, outdoors.

THIS!

:fencefall:

Maybe they are Calling the Phones!!! Hoping to hear one ring.

Wouldn't the batteries be dead by now? I have a smart phone and my phone is usually dead w/i 6 hours (I pack an extra battery around with me) but even my youngest son's regular phone is lucky to last more than 2 days or so and that is with him just packing it around in his bag but never actually using it.

A note about story changes - in my trial advocacy class, I was taught that people who are being truthful will have small changes in their recounting of events, because you're going through the process of recollecting it in your mind and recounting what you remember. There are tons of little variables that will effect the amount of info you pull - things like how the question is phrased, how tired the person is, etc. Two people who saw the same thing or experienced something together will tell things a bit differently, or even disagree and contradict each other.

When a story is exactly the same, time after time, with no variability, that's when someone is more likely to be lying because that points to a rehearsed story. You're parroting back what you memorized. When you have two people telling the same story, with no variability between each other, or from recounting to recounting, that's when you definitely have to question their stories.

So, I'm still on the fence about the parents. I've not seen a glaring inconsistency - just little variability. JMHO.

I just watched a show last night that demonstrated how easy it is to change peoples memories of an event to the point they would swear a person was wearing a short bright red coat when they were really wearing a long green trench coat.

It told all about and showed how your real memory will change when presented with evidence that your memory had to be wrong when the evidence they are giving to prove you are wrong is fake. You go right along with it.

I can't remember the name of the show but it was really good. I think it was on the history channel last night.

I don't think that teen had anything to do with it at all.

I don't either. The only thing that makes me think teen is the missing phones but I really can't imagine a teen leaving no trace of himself or being able to hid everything so well for this long.

..no, they have not.

..tweets yesterday said they were not at the racetrack handing out flyers/selling t-shirts or present at the evening vigil.

I hadn't seen tweets about them not being present at the racetrack. I seem to recall news reports that that is exactly where they were. huh. Maybe I am recalling reports that the "family" was at the racetrack handing out flyers and selling t-shirts but I could have sworn the reports included the parents being there.

ETA looks like Jeremy's sister Ashley and friends were at the speedway. Wonder if parents were with LE/investigators for another round of interviews yesterday.

Ashley Irwin, sister of Lisa’s father, Jeremy, said she and a group of friends distributed thousands of fliers with pictures of the missing girl and sold T-shirts to raise money for a reward.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/10/09/3197568/relatives-friends-of-missing-infant.html#ixzz1aPJ9XaCX

Can anyone think of a reason why JI has not been given a polygraph? He has said he is willing to take one. I don't understand why LE would polygraph the Mom but not the Dad. Even if JI has an alibi, that would not necessarily mean he doesn't have knowledge of what took place.

In hopes of not putting him on the defense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member