IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an unrelated video of someone walking the bridge (below). In it, he walks the bridge end to end in about 7 minutes, stopping to drop some rocks through missing beams and pausing to look around. I would think if someone were in a hurry, you could probably drop 30s-1min off that easily.

[video=youtube;edK8DJVW890]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edK8DJVW890[/video]
Is this video a precursor to murder? This video is the perfect test run for anyone planning something sinister with kids, like 2/13, a school holiday for students.
I'm not accusing the person that made this video, but this video has been available since 2016 for anyone to view and know every little dangerous spot on the bridge.
IMO, LE needs to check who was viewing this video and/ or downloaded it prior to 2/13.
LE also needs to check if this guy has any similar videos leading over to the farm where the bodies were found.

This guy has just always made me think of Dennis Rader and Gary Ridgway. Some people even think he could be like Ted Bundy. None of those guys were loners. They all had families, wives, jobs, children, etc. The Unabomber was a loner, but I'm not getting the feeling this guy is like the Unabomber. JMO

I hear ya. I have a horrible feeling that the perp even has daughters or grand daughters the same age as the victims...:sigh:

Most people, if/when contemplating suicide, will steer away from any scenario involving a wild animal - shark, lion, whatever. There's something too primal about it. And one goal of many attempted suicides is control - control over a rotten feeling level. Being at the mercy of a man-eating animal does not spell control.

I don't think there many - if any - wild, man eating animals in central Indiana. I've heard of a few rogue mountain cats and maybe a black bear here or there. Possibly what GGE was referring to was forest animals consuming a dead body and therefore further foiling LE's attempts to solve the case. A final middle finger salute if you will. JMO MOO ... where's that cow emoji when you need it?

I think he did something on purpose so the police and fbi would know. moo

sorry…are you referring to something specific he’s done since the crime? Is there a link for this or just speculation?

Which 4 states don't have the billboards?

Alaska and Hawaii are my logical guess.

There are 4 states that don't allow billboards of any kind: Alaska, Hawaii, Maine, and Vermont.

I've been thinking again, and I realized there was one scenario I hadn't considered at all yet. It came to me when I was trying to compare the height of the guy to the width of the bridge; I believe someone had posted that it was just over 8 feet.

Say the girls had started heading south on the bridge, and Libby took the picture of Abby at about 2:07. They continued south for a bit and realized they had to be heading back in order to be there when their ride got there. They turned around to start heading back and saw the guy coming toward them from the north. Libby may have recorded him just so she could see if he was someone she knew (zooming so she could see him better) at about 2:30.

They may have actually passed on the bridge and kept going without realizing that he turned around and followed them back. They would probably keep their eyes forward to watch where they were going since they weren't taking pictures at the time. When they got to the other side, he could have gotten close enough to grab them before they even realized he was there.

I'm probably just getting desperate for an explanation that works, but there would be room for them to pass each other on there. We walked with 3 or 4 of us side-by-side down railroad tracks when I was young.

MOO

Is this video a precursor to murder? This video is the perfect test run for anyone planning something sinister with kids, like 2/13, a school holiday for students.
I'm not accusing the person that made this video, but this video has been available since 2016 for anyone to view and know every little dangerous spot on the bridge.
IMO, LE needs to check who was viewing this video and/ or downloaded it prior to 2/13.
LE also needs to check if this guy has any similar videos leading over to the farm where the bodies were found.

This is why i think libby got scared! moo some guy coming across that bridge at them! moo

This guy i believe is taunting police... moo

LE likely wouldn't say if he was taunting them, but that's another one of those control things that wouldn't surprise me. At this point, almost nothing would surprise me.

Work safely and thoroughly agents and officers. The entirety of mankind is behind you.

I don't think there many - if any - wild, man eating animals in central Indiana. I've heard of a few rogue mountain cats and maybe a black bear here or there. Possibly what GGE was referring to was forest animals consuming a dead body and therefore further foiling LE's attempts to solve the case. A final middle finger salute if you will. JMO MOO ... where's that cow emoji when you need it?

Indeed, exactly. I live in upstate NY and we have bears in our woods, foxes in our old fallen shed, and hear word of the random coyote and wildcat being released in the state game lands only a mile or so away as the crow flies. I would presume that very rural Indiana would have some similar sort of wildlife as well. JMO

sorry…are you referring to something specific he’s done since the crime? Is there a link for this or just speculation?

speculation. my opinion. He did something to make LE know that hes done this before. my opinion only!

Any chance you would entertain the idea that this was a fantasy-based crime, and the reason he hasn't been "found" is simply due to his standing in the community ? In other words, nobody would ever point a finger at him in a million years because of who he is, or who his family is. IF there was DNA found and tested, there obviously hasn't been a match. That means this person isn't a convicted felon or a convicted sex offender, which if this was his first time to do something like this , would actually make a lot of sense.

I think LE also needs to look into sex offenders who were initially charged with a felony, but by the time the lawyers got finished with it, a plea deal got it lowered to a misdemeanor. No felony...no DNA.

I do strongly feel these murders were the result of a long-time fantasy on the part of the perp, which, if that's true then I believe he acted alone. IMO a number of sex-related murders are committed because of a desire to live out a fantasy that's been rolling around in the head of the murderer for a long time. To clarify, there is no evidence currently that points to sexual assault in this case - I am only speculating in response to Steelman's post.

I remember a case in Michigan a few years back where a church community hired an ex-con who had "found Jesus" as their pastor. He ended up killing his fiancee's daughter in order to fulfill a longtime fantasy of necrophilia. IMO perps acting on fantasies aren't as rare as we may think.

Also, I get that the perp may live out of state but if so then I suspect he either lived in Delphi at one time or spent time there when he was younger. I haven't been back to the city of my birth for many years but I still know a number of places that only the locals would be aware of.

And AFAIK, LE hasn't said for sure that the video of the suspect came from Snapchat. Apologies if I'm wrong. There are other apps that young people use, like live.me, that Liberty could have used when she caught her murderer on video.

Lastly, I'm not yet convinced that the perp is as old as many think. IMO it's possible that he wears clothing due to the type of work he does - for example, construction or contract work - because they are cheap and comfortable. IMO it's possible he dresses very differently when he's not working.

I guess what I'm saying is that we have very little information to work with and IMO we should keep all out options open. I really wish LE would give us a little more to work with. Not out of macabre curiosity, but to hopefully jog someone's memory.

:wave: Hey y'all.

Thread # 18
will be opening very shortly & soon after that, this one will close. I'll move the last few posts over to the new thread for ease of discussion. Thanks!

I've been thinking again, and I realized there was one scenario I hadn't considered at all yet. It came to me when I was trying to compare the height of the guy to the width of the bridge; I believe someone had posted that it was just over 8 feet.

Say the girls had started heading south on the bridge, and Libby took the picture of Abby at about 2:07. They continued south for a bit and realized they had to be heading back in order to be there when their ride got there. They turned around to start heading back and saw the guy coming toward them from the north. Libby may have recorded him just so she could see if he was someone she knew (zooming so she could see him better) at about 2:30.

They may have actually passed on the bridge and kept going without realizing that he turned around and followed them back. They would probably keep their eyes forward to watch where they were going since they weren't taking pictures at the time. When they got to the other side, he could have gotten close enough to grab them before they even realized he was there.

I'm probably just getting desperate for an explanation that works, but there would be room for them to pass each other on there. We walked with 3 or 4 of us side-by-side down railroad tracks when I was young.

MOO

The problem I see with that is if he intended to confront, take control, and murder the girls(which as we know he obviously did) he would never allow them to pass him on that bridge to begin with, he is also visibly out of shape and not in good physical condition, It's no guarantee he could catch them had they passed him. I still believe the most likely scenario is that, literally seconds after the video of him was captured, he confronts the girls in some way.

The problem I see with that is if he intended to confront, take control, and murder the girls(which as we know he obviously did) he would never allow them to pass him on that bridge to begin with, he is also visibly out of shape and not in good physical condition, It's no guarantee he could catch them had they passed him. I still believe the most likely scenario is that, literally seconds after the video of him was captured, he confronts the girls in some way.

The problem with confronting them on the bridge is that there's a good chance that one, or all, of them would fall off. If one of the girls lost her balance and fell, she could easily take him down with her. MOO

There's been lots of speculation that Abby's jacket can be seen in photo number 2 (I have been one of the loudest proponents of this) and that the very next step is when the attack starts, which of course, we should not see. If Abby is in the next frame is might be difficult to gage a walk. We would only get one step and LE may have decided it's not worth it.
That's a good point. Especially if that is the only footage the girls got of him, right before he attacked. Perhaps they didn't realize they were being pursued and thus Libby didn't intentionally film him. Thus the next step could very well be the actual abduction. (I agree that could be Abby's jacket in the frame as well)

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member