Lee's Testimony at the 911 tapes hearing

I personally feel that the Judge is focused on the big picture while at the same time allowing the Defense and the A's some latitude. Where it does not impact the grand scheme I don't think HHJP really cares so much as long as justice is served.

It is sorta/kinda a case of give them enough rope and let them hang themselves. Perceptions speak volumes and the same way we feel it is disrespectful and un-professional, based on attire, joking, texting, etc -- so will the Jury.

I don't think HHJP will reel them in unless it impacts the forward momentum of the proceedings and justice. He knows the Defense has a mountain to surmount and the inevitable is inevitable.

The Defense and the A's are getting into very bad court room habits that if they don't stop it themselves it can only hurt them. IMO they need to self-police and act appropriately to reflect the seriousness of the proceedings, the loss of Caylee and, that it is a murder trial after all. Bad habits and antics will only serve to hurt themselves.

I think yer right... I mean, this was just a taste today. The judge already did his homework, yet patiently sat while the defense did their job. The judge isn't emotionally invested like we are (and others) but he wants a fair trial. I think he can smell what's coming and prepares himself. Kudos to judge.

Yeah....I find her tears at the sight of Lee mouthing, "I Love You" very very confusing!

WHY? Why would Casey break down and cry?

This is an uneducated guess: Her esteem is higher for Lee than her own parents. They appear to be very close. She hasn't seen Lee (or prolly even heard from him) for many months. I think she's relieved to see him, to hear those words, as she's prolly had fears in her mind that he didn't love her anymore. And, who's to say that his words were heartfelt? I dunno... I still have choice words/thoughts/adjectives about Lee. lol

I think Lee's mouthing "I love you" to KC while he was on the stand was completely inappropriate. He could have waited until he was dismissed and was walking out. It's like he has no sense of what's decent or accepted behavior. Which brings me to wonder about KC's allegations of Lee fondling her. I have never thought it was true, but now I'm wondering if maybe it was a mutually consented activity between them. Something about that interaction today was just really, really creepy to me.

MOO! All of the above is MOO.

Part of me thinks the "I love you" was more for the cameras than it was for KC. CA does the same thing in court when it is clear she is angry at KC. I really feel LA did a good job on the stand today. He answered the questions, he did not try to defend KC's actions or down play them. The way KC broke down after he said " I love you" makes me think that he caught her by surprise too. She was scowling at CA during parts of the testimony. You can still see the anger and resentment. Very telling.

Amil, who was in court today, said Mallory was wearing SHORT SHORTS in court!
And she was smacking away on something in her mouth the whole time. No class!

I saw a shot of CA when court took a break. CA had something that resembled a huge ball of gum or a jaw breaker bulging on the side of her mouth. Did anyone else see that? I wish I saw Mallory. Bib coveralls are next and they'll be sneaking in hero sandwiches.

I'm wondering if Lee was attempting to make some statement with his chosen court attire. If the statement was I just don't care- then he succeeded.
Otherwise I'm at a loss for words. I have a son the same age as Lee who runs circles around him maturity wise. My 19yo son actually has a better clue what might be appropriate court dress and manner of speech than Lee showed today.

WOW!

Look OK, this is really annoying. Think court attire, think CHURCH ON SUNDAY. Right? Is it just me who thinks you should dress up to go to court? Surely not.

And gum....this is a major pet peeve for me, but there should be no gum in court ever. It's only a matter of time before the Honourable Judge Perry asks someone to leave the court for this, but people shouldn't have to be told.

It's just disrespectful. And personally disrespectful. Mallory have some pride in yourself, and buy your man some shirts.

JMO but if Mallory had pride in herself, she wouldn't be with this man. I think they probably deserve each other alas.

JMO but if Mallory had pride in herself, she wouldn't be with this man. I think they probably deserve each other alas.

Good point! I know I sound like a total prude, but shorts in court? Well I never.

The obvious on camera 'I love you' from Lee to Casey is just the Anthony version of the middle finger to everyone else.

It reminded me of the "CMA" rant he pulled at Caylee's Memorial. I watched the memorial and it even struck me as he was going on and on about "CMA" that he was talking to KC not Caylee.

How do these people justify continuing to stand by her...?

Respectfully snipped.

I think they feel they are doing what is right. We all know they share a great burden of guilt, which really I hope they can overcome one day. We know they are a dysfunctional family (what family isn't really). But I truly think they believe this is what is the "right" thing to do.

Have to say, my family would never stand by me in this situation, or any situation that landed me in jail or shamed them in any way. I admire this one aspect of the Anthony family. (Not the lies, the unconditional love they are showing for KC.)

The following are my opinions and observations from yesterday...they may have nothing to do with reality...just merely my opinion....

What I saw when Lee took the stand was

1) showing the typical solidarity between the siblings...it was them against mom and dad. I think they played that game a lot. Look you cover for me...I'll cover for you...we're in this together...(high fives etc) It's you and me babe.

2) this is a very thin limb and judgmental...but it almost seemed like the molestation was um...asked for...enjoyed...I am sorry the tears at Lee's I love you were genuine...not fake...like they had a strange relationship.

3) Lee is just as socially inept as the rest of the family. He has no idea, seemingly, what is appropriate and what isn't.

4) personally he gave me the creeps...now that is totally my opinion

In the first video you can clearly see Lee mouthing " I love You" to Casey. I love how Linda B. asked Lee if he was talking to her, kind of like calling him out on it. Ha Ha :)

He also said the complete opposite of what Cindy testified to. He claims that Cindy punched the bed, was angry, and other. When Cindy took the stand she acted as if she was calmer. IMO, they both lied on the stand and wonder why they are not facing perjury charges. It's like the Anthony's are untouchable in FL. I don't get it. :furious:

Something else that was mentioned at the hearing that I still have not seen mentioned. There is a call/visit to-from Casey, that is what I understood, that Baez is trying to seal. LB still has not received it yet he filed a motion to seal it. Anyone else recall this part of the hearing? It was towards the end.

Video Lee testifies, mouths "I love you" to Casey: http://www.clickorlando.com/video/24276757/index.html

"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/24276106/detail.html

Lee could be seen mouthing “I love you” to his sister, Casey.

“I’m assuming you weren’t speaking to me just now,” prosecutor Linda Drane Burdick responded.

“Absolutely not,” Lee said.

After the remark Casey burst into tears.

Lee is showing unconditional love to ICA...his "I love you", set her off. She hasn't seen or written Lee in a very long time. To know that he doesn't hold anything against her is a good thing, in ICA's eyes...I guess his CMA fest promise is part of this drama..I suspect these two have a personal bond..he has always been the go between when CA/GA can't get anthing from her...JMHO

I do give Lee credit for he didn't sway from what he told the police early on. He had no, I don't recall, I can't remember moments, which I do find refreshing. You see the disrepect he holds for the court since his attire was really unflattering...unless, he came straight from work, then I can understand his attire, to a point...knowing this is televised he could have dressed up a bit...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Do any of you friends have the hearing on tape? I still cant find it this am, just news snippets for two minutes.

is it just me, or he mouths i love you to his sister , who accused him of ( molesting her?) that just sits wrong w/ me... especially if he was to be innocent of that horrid accusation? just doesnt add up in my eyes...but again thats just my thought.

In the first video you can clearly see Lee mouthing " I love You" to Casey. I love how Linda B. asked Lee if he was talking to her, kind of like calling him out on it. Ha Ha :)

He also said the complete opposite of what Cindy testified to. He claims that Cindy punched the bed, was angry, and other. When Cindy took the stand she acted as if she was calmer. IMO, they both lied on the stand and wonder why they are not facing perjury charges. It's like the Anthony's are untouchable in FL. I don't get it. :furious:

Something else that was mentioned at the hearing that I still have not seen mentioned. There is a call/visit to-from Casey, that is what I understood, that Baez is trying to seal. LB still has not received it yet he filed a motion to seal it. Anyone else recall this part of the hearing? It was towards the end.

BBM

I have not read the motion but there is a thread on that topic here..[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109449"]http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109449[/ame]

is it just me, or he mouths i love you to his sister , who accused him of ( molesting her?) that just sits wrong w/ me... especially if he was to be innocent of that horrid accusation? just doesnt add up in my eyes...but again thats just my thought.

Yes, he did. It didn't sit well with me either. But LDB's response was priceless...I want to get the exact quote and maybe put it in my siggy...:angel:

Morning! About the Molesting charges was that in a jail letter? Can someone point me in the right direction?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back