Snapdragon Rd. Fire Report & Pics

In Nancy Grace interview aired April 27, 2006. Preston mentions that there were multiple cadaver dog hits at the pond near the burned house. They got permission to drain the pond and reportedly found an unusual object in the pond that may have held forensic evidence. Anita G commented that she was on the search site that day and saw the object and that it was bagged and turned over to GBI. No one would say what the object is and seems like a gag order was in place for that finding. Was this object confused as being pulled from the burnt house in the podcast?

There was a recall in 2005 on a faulty switch in 2000 ford explorers. By early 2005, more than 500 ford vehicle fires had been reported including incidents where houses that had been occupied burned to the ground in the middle of the night.

The possibility Lankford's vehicle spontaneously caught on fire and spread to the house should be considered in this case.

There was a recall in 2005 on a faulty switch in 2000 ford explorers. By early 2005, more than 500 ford vehicle fires had been reported including incidents where houses that had been occupied burned to the ground in the middle of the night.

The possibility Lankford's vehicle spontaneously caught on fire and spread to the house should be considered in this case.

Maybe it should be, and you're very gracious to give him that leeway. I'm leaning the opposite way and thinking where there's smoke, there's fire - no pun intended. I don't believe at all that it's a coincidence that his vehicle just happened to be at a home that he knew was vacant only three days before the vehicle was to be repossessed. I'm notorious with family and friends for wanting to believe the best about people, which backfires as often as not. However, this is one case where I'm not getting that urge or vibe at all. Google him. He has an interesting background.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Nancy Grace interview aired April 27, 2006. Preston mentions that there were multiple cadaver dog hits at the pond near the burned house. They got permission to drain the pond and reportedly found an unusual object in the pond that may have held forensic evidence. Anita G commented that she was on the search site that day and saw the object and that it was bagged and turned over to GBI. No one would say what the object is and seems like a gag order was in place for that finding. Was this object confused as being pulled from the burnt house in the podcast?

I recall the exact interview you're referring to. Like you, I've always wondered what they found that day. The only thing they would say about it was that it wasn't something that should've been in that pond. And because Anita made that comment, I can't help but assume that she believed the item was linked to Tara. Is that the impression you got?

As far as the dog handler's comment about finding evidence in the house that he turned over to LE, I've always thought that was something separate from what was found in the pond. That's a good question though. Maybe Dr. G. can at least clear up whether they found two separate items, possibly more, at the Snapdragon house and pond.

Maybe it should be, and you're very gracious to give him that leeway. I'm leaning the opposite way and thinking where there's smoke, there's fire - no pun intended. I don't believe at all that it's a coincidence that his vehicle just happened to be at a home that he knew was vacant only three days before the vehicle was to be repossessed. I'm notorious with family and friends for wanting to believe the best about people, which backfires as often as not. However, this is one case where I'm not getting that urge or vibe at all. Google him. He has an interesting background.

Keeping an open mind, the faulty switch could have planted an idea to burn the house, provided it is not too difficult to cover up anything else used that points to arson. A recall notice from Ford to get the part fixed or your vehicle might catch on fire and news on people having their car and house burn up could plant the idea if someone was really thinking that is a good way to cover up forensic evidence.

At the same time, what if the cadaver hits and items found there had nothing to do with Tara. That detail could be important if it helps people avoid trying to force a link to that fire if it happened to be a suspicious coincidence.

I recall the exact interview you're referring to. Like you, I've always wondered what they found that day. The only thing they would say about it was that it wasn't something that should've been in that pond. And because Anita made that comment, I can't help but assume that she believed the item was linked to Tara. Is that the impression you got?

As far as the dog handler's comment about finding evidence in the house that he turned over to LE, I've always thought that was something separate from what was found in the pond. That's a good question though. Maybe Dr. G. can at least clear up whether they found two separate items, possibly more, at the Snapdragon house and pond.

I double checked episode 6 of the podcast where Payne added more of the interview with Jim Hanley the cadaver dog handler.

Hanley did speak fairly narrowly to the fire and that GBI and FBI had the evidence that he was not allowed to discuss; evidence that he gave them. It sure makes it sound like there could have been items from that house and the pond.

I double checked episode 6 of the podcast where Payne added more of the interview with Jim Hanley the cadaver dog handler.

Hanley did speak fairly narrowly to the fire and that GBI and FBI had the evidence that he was not allowed to discuss; evidence that he gave them. It sure makes it sound like there could have been items from that house and the pond.

Agree 100%.

This woman's blog has interesting comments and pictures about the searches taking place at the fire house.

Jim Hanley was called in for cadaver dog search in december, the same time she travelled in to help. They combed the house and farm and the pond. She mentions gators being a big nuisance for the pond search.

There were a couple of other stories she had on her blog. One was about a student of Tara's who started down a path to become a search dog handler.

http://findcarrie.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general2&action=display&num=1135487500

http://findcarrie.blogspot.com/2005/12/search-for-tara-grinstead.html?m=1

http://findcarrie.blogspot.com/2006/01/mystery-returns-to-burnt-house-in.html?m=1

This woman's blog has interesting comments and pictures about the searches taking place at the fire house.

Jim Hanley was called in for cadaver dog search in december, the same time she travelled in to help. They combed the house and farm and the pond. She mentions gators being a big nuisance for the pond search.

There were a couple of other stories she had on her blog. One was about a student of Tara's who started down a path to become a search dog handler.

http://findcarrie.conforums.com/index.cgi?board=general2&action=display&num=1135487500

http://findcarrie.blogspot.com/2005/12/search-for-tara-grinstead.html?m=1

http://findcarrie.blogspot.com/2006/01/mystery-returns-to-burnt-house-in.html?m=1

Thanks! I'm gonna check those out tonight.

I love Tim Miller, such a great man. He continues to make his daughter proud. A prime example of someone turning tragedy into triumph. I've been following him for years, thanks to Nancy Grace. Your links include him in the search for Tara. He's the best!

This link is broken?? Anyone have the report?

Would love to see that report.

Also, does anyone know how far down they dug when doing the grids? A police officer I know, not related to this case, said they should go back and dig 3-4 feet down. Especially where the cadaver dogs got their hits. Looking for possible bone fragments, etc....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back