Lisa Stebic-Plainfield, IL mother of 2 Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Craig S was arrested Jan. 3rd, 1995 he was living at 332 Fourth St. Waukegan, IL. Craig was 29 years of age. He was driving a Toyota truck and stopped due to his windshield being shattered. They found 4 weapons in the bed of his truck including two assault rifles. The guns were in plain view, the weapons included Chinese made AK-47, semiautomatic assault rifle,Ruger mini-14 assault rifle, a universal 10gauge double-barrel shotgun, and a desert semiautomatic hand gun,a eagle-44 magnum semiautomatic hand gun.
Among several weapons related charges the most serious was a felony offense of possessing firearms within 1,000 feet of a school. He was also charged with operating an unsafe motor vehicle and driving with a revoked drivers license. At the time, Stebic was wanted on a Lake County Warrant for failing to appear in court on a charge of driving with a revoked license.
On April 7th, 1995,he entered a negotiated guilty plea in Lake County Circuit Court to a reduced charge of illegal possession of firearms without having a state firearm owners identification card. He was sentenced to court supervision and fined $200.00 on April 1. 1996 his sentence was terminated early.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49805

Thanks for locating that info Windchime. Apparantly CS has little to no respect for anyone outside of himself (mo).

Anyone familiar with IL divorce law??

It appears as if they sold that house, they would owe the mortgage company about $35K (no equity). (Financial info in article posted by Windchime in other thread + zillow.com for current value.) If they handled their mortgage this way, wonder about credit card debt as well.

Would Craig have been stuck with the lion's share of the debt because he earned the lion share of the income?

Would they even have been able to sell that house without coming up with a check (or loan) for the $35K?

It appears she expected Craig to maintain her and the kids in the home (that they didn't own, it owned them) while he moved in with his dad (no money for a second residence).

I wonder if that $35K alone would be motive for her disappearance.

No doubt in my mind that would be part of the motive . . . together with the future monies he'd be doling out to support their children, spousal support and maintenance cost on the family residence that he would no longer be living. That AND no longer having control over Lisa, while watching her happily moving on with her life, without him.

MO

<<It was reported last night on chicago's fox news. I checked to see if it was on their website so I could include a link late last night and it wasn't on there. I'll look again today and if I find it I'll update here. As for the timeframe they only said the employee saw Craig on tv two days later and called LE.>>

It's not on the website, but the promos for the 9 o'clock news said something about new information in the case.

I sure hope so. There's a post on ctv board that gives a little more info. It's two employees from Goodwill that agree it was Craig, LE says it's not against the law to give her clothes away :waitasec: and a reporter went to ask Craig about it and he denies it.

Aside from the obvious consciousness of guilt seems to me that it would be against the law to give away property that doesn't belong to you in the first place, right?

I just read the cbs2chicago.com article where Craig Stebic replies to a question from CBS 2 Mike Puccinelli on recent hunting trips: When I asked him about using the truck for recent hunting trips he referred to the last weekend before Lisa disappeared saying, “We used it to hunt rabbits that weekend.” Rabbit season runs from November to January in Illinois. I'm sure the police & the Illinois DNR have duly noted that statement. He's reaching to explain the blood away. Unfortunately, I believe that Lisa is dead & her body was transported in that truck. I'm sure the police are figuring the time he had & his knowledge of local parks & hunting spots where he could bury her body. That is where she will be found. I pray for those poor children.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_141181322.html

All just my opinion of course.

That seems to be what many believe, JP76er and one that I think is very likely, too.

The idea of burying her near his last place of business, or even in their backyard, using lime to mask and hasten the deterioration of her body has also crossed my mine.

I patiently wait for the day (and it is my STRONG belief it will come) when LE places CS hands behind his back, while informing him that his murderous azz is under arrest for the murder of their children's mother.

I just read the cbs2chicago.com article where Craig Stebic replies to a question from CBS 2 Mike Puccinelli on recent hunting trips: When I asked him about using the truck for recent hunting trips he referred to the last weekend before Lisa disappeared saying, “We used it to hunt rabbits that weekend.” Rabbit season runs from November to January in Illinois. I'm sure the police & the Illinois DNR have duly noted that statement. He's reaching to explain the blood away. Unfortunately, I believe that Lisa is dead & her body was transported in that truck. I'm sure the police are figuring the time he had & his knowledge of local parks & hunting spots where he could bury her body. That is where she will be found. I pray for those poor children.

http://cbs2chicago.com/local/local_story_141181322.html

All just my opinion of course.

Thanks for that little tid-bit, I didn't know there was a rabbit season. We thought he changed it from deer to rabbit for that exact reason so that cannot be the case. Now when he says "we" were hunting rabbit is he including the children? Since he is saying that's where the blood came from then there has to be a dead animal somewhere that he can account for. Much easier to say the kids didn't see it because it was so small, in the back of his truck, etc. Futhermore what about those guns? From the list I saw there'd be nothing left of a rabbit if shot with any of those weapons.

I sure hope so. There's a post on ctv board that gives a little more info. It's two employees from Goodwill that agree it was Craig, LE says it's not against the law to give her clothes away :waitasec: and a reporter went to ask Craig about it and he denies it.

Aside from the obvious consciousness of guilt seems to me that it would be against the law to give away property that doesn't belong to you in the first place, right?

Again, you are right Strach . . . the problem here is proving CS didn't have permission to give away Lisa's belongings. A simple statement like "Lisa asked me to do this weeks ago and I'm now just getting around to it" would "explain" this away; even IF it comes for a soon to be ex, who was the last person to see Lisa before her "disappearance" and will not allow LE to speak with their children; alone or in his presence. :doh:

Again, you are right Strach . . . the problem here is proving CS didn't have permission to give away Lisa's belongings. A simple statement like "Lisa asked me to do this weeks ago and I'm now just getting around to it" would "explain" this away; even IF it comes for a soon to be ex, who was the last person to see Lisa before her "disappearance" and will not allow LE to speak with their children; alone or in his presence. :doh:

If he did deny it to the reporter it would be a total contradiction to say he had her permission, right? I think this info would help if there's ever a trial but in itself won't do anything to help right now.

If he did deny it to the reporter it would be a total contradiction to say he had her permission, right? I think this info would help if there's ever a trial but in itself won't do anything to help right now.

I totally agree Strach. Give the man (term used VERY loosely here) enough rope . . . right? :D I'm of the opinion that even if Lisa's remains are not found, that CS will eventually be arrested, charged and stand trial for her murder; and unless CS admits to his guilt, their children will witnesses on the prosecution's list.

I've lurked for awhile and thought I would add this.. I hope I did the link rigiht.. A body was found in Bareveld right by the Blue Mound State Park.. The person was nude.. and they are still trying to find out the sex. It's about 3 hours away from Lisa house. I wonder if it's her b/c it would make sense that he would know the state parks if he hunts and camps. The only other person I know of in WI that is missing is Keith Gores from Milwaukee..
=2

Too bad, this isn't Lisa. I had my hopes up.

http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/7733397.html

Thanks Close. I was looking at some of the missing person sites for people missing in that area recently.

I didn't think it was her simply because Craig said they'd never find her and that person was dumped in a ditch.

No doubt in my mind that would be part of the motive . . . together with the future monies he'd be doling out to support their children, spousal support and maintenance cost on the family residence that he would no longer be living. That AND no longer having control over Lisa, while watching her happily moving on with her life, without him.

MO

You hit the nail on the head. Add to the financial aspect that he would have to SPLIT his ANNUITY "and" PENSION Fund. The house seemed to be liquidated of any Equity. It was bled out. I bet only temporarily. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and run while you can.
I don't know what the plan was. Some people keep the children and the mother in the house and once they are through with High School they sell it then. Minus Alimony. No way was this an option for this situation. It would have been an open invitation for disaster. Situations like this , it's never over. Even when the paper is dry and you think maybe some peace.

Thanks Close. I was looking at some of the missing person sites for people missing in that area recently.

I didn't think it was her simply because Craig said they'd never find her and that person was dumped in a ditch.

sounds like he already had a plan in mind..I hope LE can figure out what it was.are there any large bodies of water around that area?

You hit the nail on the head. Add to the financial aspect that he would have to SPLIT his ANNUITY "and" PENSION Fund. The house seemed to be liquidated of any Equity. It was bled out. I bet only temporarily. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and run while you can.
I don't know what the plan was. Some people keep the children and the mother in the house and once they are through with High School they sell it then. Minus Alimony. No way was this an option for this situation. It would have been an open invitation for disaster. Situations like this , it's never over. Even when the paper is dry and you think maybe some peace.

Ahhhhh yes ihadcabinfever . . . the old "even though she cooked, cleaned and put up with my chit all those years, that soon to be ex is not entitled to MY annuity and/or pension plan" attitude. If there was EVER a reason a woman should "disappear" from the face of this planet, that for SURE is the ONE! :rolleyes:

After learning about Lisa's Motion to have CS evicted, I'd venture to say that Lisa was intent on keeping their children in the family home until, at the very LEAST, they graduated High School. Don't know about the laws in Michigan but in the State of Calif, more times than not, the custodial parent gets to stay in the home for an additional 4 years if the children attend and stay in college. Also, alimony is paid out for 1/2 the total number of years a couple were married. Highly doubt Craig would have been very happy living here. :D

You'd think that the final decree, dissolving a marriage would make people behave; but you're right, for some exes the only peace they derive from life is by making others miserable . . . or dead. This has been more than evidenced by many Websleuthers who have shared their own divorce horror stories . . . a truly sad tragic reality of today. :(

sounds like he already had a plan in mind..I hope LE can figure out what it was.are there any large bodies of water around that area?

A local poster had said there is a river very close to the Dial Corp. where he was working. In addition there seem to be many lakes in close range as well as ponds.

when did he "give" her clothes away? this is new to me.......

also... this thread is getting L O N G........ time for another? part 3? ;)

I've been doing house cleaning at home here and I'm doing some house cleaning here tonight LOL I'm going to start a part 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member