Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a beautiful idea for a pic, AZ!!! Bless you for doing that :)

What ever happened with the grand jury thing? Do any of the locals know why the one couple had to be brought in in handcuffs instead of coming in the day before and also any local gossip about them?

I believe it was because they didn't report willingly and had to be forced to testify.

Hi all~
My daughter just called and asked if there is any recent news in this case? She is at work at the TV station in OKC and someone called in having heard a rumor that arrests were made today. Have any of you locals heard anything like this? Thanks!

Hi all~
My daughter just called and asked if there is any recent news in this case? She is at work at the TV station in OKC and someone called in having heard a rumor that arrests were made today. Have any of you locals heard anything like this? Thanks!

Hi Okie.

I pray to God, that it's true.

What ever happened with the grand jury thing? Do any of the locals know why the one couple had to be brought in in handcuffs instead of coming in the day before and also any local gossip about them?

The couple that were brought in w/ handcuffs, for questioning by the GJ, did not arrive the day before (as requested by the GJ) because they said they did not have a vehicle and could not get there. The only rumor I have read about them is that one of them may be related to Dustyn Dailey. He is one that was also questioned by the GJ. It is said he was questioned for approx. 2 hours. i just re-read this post and it does not make a lot of sense. Sorry if it is confusing. I am too tired to try and make corrections! lol.

Ya, Lilac... I remember even when I was a child, I loved to get in a sleeping bag. And nowadays, just walking down the isles of Walmart, Target, Kmart... all the kids stores, it seems the fun thing nowadays is sleeping bags with the latest movie... or Disney, princesses, Cars.... all that fun stuff that attracts children in the store! They just gotta have it! And cant wait to cuddle up in it. I found everything from huggable toys with soft throws rolled up in their arms, to those big ol pillows that we used to put in the bed and lean up against, to sleeping bags, all with the latest craze printed on them, just the other night when I was at Walmart. Of course, I had to buy a frog one for my little granddaughter's bday.
Kids love sleeping bags, jammies, throws.... you name it. I think both the families homes were small too, and more than one family living in Whitaker's... and usually more than would normally accomodate at Plackers, just from what I read. So I dont think it uncommon at all for the girls to sleep in a sleeping bag. More like very normal.

Frog, I have never heard that there was more than one family living in the Whitaker home. Where did that info come from?? Do you know who the other family was??

My daughters love to sleep on air mattresses or sleeping bags in the summer. They like to stay up late together and watch tv and stuff. I don't find that unusual at all. For them it's fun. Believe it or not, they like sleeping on the floor.

Frog, I have never heard that there was more than one family living in the Whitaker home. Where did that info come from?? Do you know who the other family was??

My daughters love to sleep on air mattresses or sleeping bags in the summer. They like to stay up late together and watch tv and stuff. I don't find that unusual at all. For them it's fun. Believe it or not, they like sleeping on the floor.

Been trying to remember who told me and cant remember, but since I dont know it for a fact, lets call it hearsay... but I was told that Rose and Bill Whitaker and their children, lived in the house next door to Rose's mother, Claudia. They were said to live in Rose's brother's home... with his family. I really dont know how true it is. I dont have any reason to doubt it, but I dont know it to be a fact. Just something I remember someone saying.

Hi all~
My daughter just called and asked if there is any recent news in this case?

She is at work at the TV station in OKC and someone called in having heard a rumor that arrests were made today.

Have any of you locals heard anything like this? Thanks!.....

That would be good news IF an arrest has been made.

Is there any way to find who has been arrested in that county?

In my state and county, a person can find WHO has been arrested in the last 24 hours,
with booking picture and info..on the computer/ web site....

no names needed....
it shows the entire list of everyone arrested on the date you type in...it's very helpful..

That would be good news IF an arrest has been made.

Is there any way to find who has been arrested in that county?

In my state and county, a person can find WHO has been arrested in the last 24 hours,
with booking picture and info..on the computer/ web site....

no names needed....
it shows the entire list of everyone arrested on the date you type in...it's very helpful..

Has anyone found out about an arrest yet? I am wondering if they may have caught whoever has been spraypainting stuff on the school, the old sewing factory, the I40 bridge, etc. Someone apparently keeps painting things pointing fingers, probably where they shouldnt be pointed... and I guess county maintainence has to keep painting over it.
Such a shame! Whoever is doing it is not only showing destructive behavior, but childish, nonrespectable behavior as well.

CM I am going to make some Skyla/Taylor T-shirts with iron on fusing. Do you mind if I consider using your lovely picture of the girls?
:blowkiss:

Not at all, let me know if you sell them, I would love one.

Since I used to be a local to Henryetta, I still stay in touch with friends down there. My cousin knows one of the witnesses to seeing the POI. And yes, there was a POI, but is still seems no one knows who he is or anything about him. It was said he didnt look as much like the sketch as they had hoped. What that means, I am not sure of. Maybe a hat with a fake ponytail or something, like someone said before on Topix I think. Sorry I wasnt more help, but I know he wasnt made up.

I also heard this weekend, that a number of people heard gunshots that day.... at different times, in different areas around there, so now they are saying it was probably not the gunfire that killed the girls. I guess maybe those boys who were in the area shooting could have been some of it, or even maybe other shooters in the area. Seems alot of people shoot guns out in the country. Its not too far from the river and creeks. So........ now that blows that theory. Sorry again. I just repeat what I am told. I guess I should have been on the rumor thread? Although, it wasnt rumor... just apparently OTHER gunfire probably from someone else? I dont know anymore. It makes me afraid to repeat anything.

Whoever killed those girls just might have been shooting guns earlier in the area so the shots could have been from the same guns.

Whoever killed those girls just might have been shooting guns earlier in the area so the shots could have been from the same guns.

I guess anything is possible, but OSBI reports were that they checked the kids who were in the area shooting guns, and cleared them. However, I have no idea what to believe anymore!
OSBI says one thing... then changes it.... I think they are trying to throw people off track, myself.

I guess anything is possible, but OSBI reports were that they checked the kids who were in the area shooting guns, and cleared them. However, I have no idea what to believe anymore!
OSBI says one thing... then changes it.... I think they are trying to throw people off track, myself.

I think OSBI is making a big mistake by not releasing more information to the public. For one thing, it might cause the killer/killers to slip up and say something to someone who might, in turn, turn them in if they thought LE was on their trail.

Here's something that I keep remembering- Taylor's little dog was found at the bridge the next day. I can't believe that that tiny little thing ran/walked/toddled all the way back to the bridge instead of heading for the driveway a short distance ahead. That dog was put or left at the bridge by someone. (IMO). I can just imagine some smart aleck youth taking the dog from Taylor and laughing when she protested. I believe that this is a major clue as to the nature of the crime.
I'm puzzled as to where the little dog was at til the time it was found the next day.Could the killer/killers be so brazen to drop the dog off?I would think they would be too paranoid to bring the dog back and drop it off at the bridge.I can't believe that little dog just showed up the next day.The killer/killers are ruthless enough to take the lives of two little girls,but spared the dogs life...unless the dog ran and hid.

I'm puzzled as to where the little dog was at til the time it was found the next day.Could the killer/killers be so brazen to drop the dog off?I would think they would be too paranoid to bring the dog back and drop it off at the bridge.I can't believe that little dog just showed up the next day.The killer/killers are ruthless enough to take the lives of two little girls,but spared the dogs life...unless the dog ran and hid.

I would imagine it did hide. That breed of dog, (not even going to try to spell it) are easily frightened. I had a friend who had one, and if you slipped up on it, it was actually known to panic and lie like dead for a long time! so dont you think it prob hid til the next day, then hung around maybe, because of the girls? kinda sad, huh? I doubt anyone took it and had the guts to come back to the crime scene. However, I wonder if it was a killer who disfigured Skyla's cross. THAT wouldnt suprise me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni