Astrology - MUNDANE (World Affairs & Events)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Housemouse,

This morning I read of yet another murder-suicide where the unemployed (& apparently hopeless, drowning in debt) father offs the wife & kids & then kills himself. I wonder: did this phenomenon also occur during the Great Depression or other bad economic times, and what are you seeing in the current planetary positions that may be triggering this specific manifestation of destroying one's family?

Thanks,
Soulscape

Frightening and so sad. I believe the one you speak of was they family out in CA. Both parents had worked for Kaiser Permanente(sp?)

Here's another one today in Ohio...both parents and 2 children
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484986,00.html

Frightening and so sad. I believe the one you speak of was they family out in CA. Both parents had worked for Kaiser Permanente(sp?)

Here's another one today in Ohio...both parents and 2 children
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484986,00.html

It was the very recent Ohio situation to which I was referring; I was already aware of the CA situation last week....

I seem to recall an astrologer who commented about tr. Mars in the USA horoscope's 4th house and how it might indicate an increase of murders by mothers ---

I cannot remember who the Astrologer was or where I read this.

As an interesting side note, Traditional Astrologers give 4th House to the Father.........

Maybe it simply indicates an increase in murder (Mars) of family (4th House) members?

Such a sad way for the energies to play out.......

Love,
Soulscape

From an astrological point of view, maybe we should track how many of these have happened since Pluto entered Capricorn in late November.

Cancer, of course, rules the family, and is the opposite sign to Capricorn. Saturn is the ruler of Capricorn, and is opposed by Uranus in Pisces.

I can relate Kaiser Permanente to Pisces, and Saturn in Virgo relates to work, among other things...

Just thinking at the keyboard....

housemouse Earthquake a big one in Indonesia!

Magnitude: 7
Date-Time: 11 Feb 2009 17:34:52 GMT

http://www.hewsweb.org/seismic/

Magnitude 7.0 - KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
2009 February 11 17:34:52 UTC

Magnitude 7.0
Date-Time Wednesday, February 11, 2009 at 17:34:52 UTC
Thursday, February 12, 2009 at 01:34:52 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 3.873°N, 126.408°E
Depth 35 km (21.7 miles) set by location program
Region KEPULAUAN TALAUD, INDONESIA
Distances 285 km (175 miles) SSE of General Santos, Mindanao, Philippines
315 km (195 miles) NNE of Manado, Sulawesi, Indonesia
1335 km (820 miles) SSE of MANILA, Philippines
2445 km (1520 miles) ENE of JAKARTA, Java, Indonesia

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 6.7 km (4.2 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST=138, Nph=138, Dmin=365.3 km, Rmss=1.24 sec, Gp= 36°,
M-type=regional moment magnitude (Mw), Version=7
Source USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009cybb
Link:
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/eqcenter/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2009cybb.php

I'll PM you I know you wanted anyone to inform you of any 7.0 or larger!
I hope everyone is ok. It just happened 7 ne news yet on anyone hurt or the extent of damage or tusami warnings etc. I'll keep my eye out for any updates for you!
:angel:

housemouse Here's another quake larger than 7.0!

Quake measuring 7.7 reported off Tonga
updated 17 minutes ago
<snipped>
CNN) -- An earthquake measuring magnitude 7.7 struck off the coast of Tonga early Friday, officials said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a regional tsunami warning for Tonga, Fiji, Niue, the Kermadecs, American Samoa, Samoa and Wallis-Fatuna.

The quake's epicenter was about 213 kilometers (132 miles) south-southeast of Nuku'alofa, Tonga. It struck at 6:17 a.m. local time (6:17 p.m. GMT).

"There's a tsunami in the water, but it's not gonna do much," said Robert Cessaro, a geophysicist with the center, citing data from a deep-ocean gauge.

The warning center said in a statement. "Some coastal areas in Hawaii could experience small non-destructive sea level changes and strong or unusual currents lasting up to several hours."

Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/tonga.quake/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

:hug:

I was just watching Dr. Phil, who had a segment about monster weddings today.

The second guest had a severe allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock and had to go to the hospital.

Turns out her mother is an astrologer. She looked at the wedding date and told them not to get married on that day. She begged them. The daughter insisted. The groom said let's take our chances.

There was a lunar eclipse on that date - 9 yrs. ago on January 22 that severely affected her daughter's natal chart.

Did anyone else see it? I got a phone call and had to miss the last part of that segment.

housemouse Here's another quake larger than 7.0!

Quake measuring 7.7 reported off Tonga
updated 17 minutes ago
<snipped>
CNN) -- An earthquake measuring magnitude 7.7 struck off the coast of Tonga early Friday, officials said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a regional tsunami warning for Tonga, Fiji, Niue, the Kermadecs, American Samoa, Samoa and Wallis-Fatuna.

The quake's epicenter was about 213 kilometers (132 miles) south-southeast of Nuku'alofa, Tonga. It struck at 6:17 a.m. local time (6:17 p.m. GMT).

"There's a tsunami in the water, but it's not gonna do much," said Robert Cessaro, a geophysicist with the center, citing data from a deep-ocean gauge.

The warning center said in a statement. "Some coastal areas in Hawaii could experience small non-destructive sea level changes and strong or unusual currents lasting up to several hours."

Article:
http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/asiapcf/03/19/tonga.quake/index.html?eref=ib_topstories

:hug:

I have a Mac "widget" that alerts me to earthquakes. It makes a ping and announces in a machine voice where and when an earthquake takes place, and how strong it is. I noticed this earthquake, and the ones under the South Sandwich Islands.

I will be keeping an eye on the Mt. Redoubt eruption, too. All of these fascinate me. The earth seems so sensitive to the rest of the solar system. It is what could be called a "wonderment".

I was just watching Dr. Phil, who had a segment about monster weddings today.

The second guest had a severe allergic reaction and went into anaphylactic shock and had to go to the hospital.

Turns out her mother is an astrologer. She looked at the wedding date and told them not to get married on that day. She begged them. The daughter insisted. The groom said let's take our chances.

There was a lunar eclipse on that date - 9 yrs. ago on January 22 that severely affected her daughter's natal chart.

Did anyone else see it? I got a phone call and had to miss the last part of that segment.

Didn't see it, but it is a warning to daughters everywhere. Listen to your mother, unless she is nasty!

Thanks for the chart and the analysis, Tuba.

One hit I had, with the long-standing rumors of Kim Jong-Il's failing health, is that the pride issue behind this event could stem from NK's wanting to bolster up their power image in the face of the impending loss of their leader.

The Second House Moon also confirms fears that North Korea means to engage in sales to other rogue nations. There is an upcoming trine to Mercury for sales. H. 10 and H. 4 at zero ° show the launch has unleashed a crisis, as these are critical degrees. The government of North Korea is starting fresh and impatient for results. It is also an isolating influence, which we know is true but there is instability at the top as well (0° critical) and it is serious. I think this reflects the concern over Kim Jong-il's health that you write about and the restive state of the impoverished and hungry population.

Nicholas Campion is the present day authority on mundane charting, the author of The Book of World Horoscopes. It is as thick as your two feet together and an excellent resource. In an effort to encourage more participation on this forum, we can open up discussion to more mundane matters, some you may be more familiar with or avid for.

Nicholas wrote, "Mundane horoscopes are cast both for events & for groups of people: for battles & wars, the launching of ships & space craft, the independence of nations, general elections & the coronation of kings & queens, for organizations such as trades unions & political parties. ....but also for astronomical events which are then used to indicate the general trends for the coming weeks, months or years. The principal charts are those for the ingresses-the times of the entry of planets into new signs-and the fortnightly new Moons and full Moons."__________The Practical Astrologer.

Has anyone done a chart for the US on this swine flu? Or do they have a recommended site for reviewing the work of other astrologers on this matter? Or is that not a mundane matter? I get a little confused about exactly what "mundane" is?

Salem

Has anyone done a chart for the US on this swine flu? Or do they have a recommended site for reviewing the work of other astrologers on this matter? Or is that not a mundane matter? I get a little confused about exactly what "mundane" is?

Salem

TUBA posted yesterday regarding the SWINE fly; quote from post # 75 In the Astrology General Thread:

Pigs are Taurus and news of our outbreak hit after the Sun had entered the Sign. Saturn & Neptune are involved in pigdom and the animal husbandry of pigs is House 6. Venus, ruler of Taurus, has been square Pluto, epidemics but now Mars has come up and squared Pluto for infection.

Mundane astrology is the application of astrology to world affairs and world events, taking its name from the Latin word Mundus, meaning "the World ".

Thank you, Fifth! I actually had read Tuba's post :) - Silly me! Must have been thinking about something else, because it sure didn't stick in my brain :)

Salem

In the II Rising Horoscope of the United States, a commonly used one, the national health is H. 6 25° Libra with Scorpio intercepted within the Sixth H. There is nothing in the House but Venus at 2° Cancer rules it and was severely afflicted by both Pluto and the entry of Mars and Venus into Aries.

Will swine flu will go pandemic??? can you explain in layman's terms?
TIA!

Today's Headline News reported it was already pandemic. One doctor who stated that, was not in the country and was speaking about international conditions.

I would like to refer you to an incredibly insightful analysis of the swine flu epidemic/pandemic from an astrological perspective. The analysis itself comes from Eric Francis, a respected and well known astrologer, with comments from Lynn Hayes, another well known and respected astrologer.

Here are a couple points brought out by Eric that immediately caught my eye (my bold & underline):

This chart reminds me of a Jaguar with someone riding the clutch. The engine is roaring and the power is not getting to the wheels. It's an extraordinarily powerful chart -- but the Moon is void of course. That is to say, the Moon has made its last aspect and is essentially drifting through Taurus at the time of the announcement.

The second factor that raises doubts is that Mercury is in a tight square to Neptune. Actually this is Mercury square Neptune, Jupiter and Chiron. ... In a public chart, it warns us that what is being announced simply may not be true. I don't doubt that there is a flu outbreak; I doubt the importance of the issue, and the relevance of the findings. I know I would look like an *advertiser censored* if the Mexican flu wiped out half the planet, but I don't think it's going to do anything of the kind. I have the luxury of talking about this as an astrologer and not a government official responsible for millions of lives. We do NOT know the truth here -- the chart is warning this in spades. What is the source of the lie, or the motive? I am not getting data on that, but that group of Mercury aspects is sounding a loud warning.

There is a lot more, please give this a read.

http://blog.beliefnet.com/astrologicalmusings/2009/04/the-astrology-of-the-state-of.html

Thanks,
Soulscape

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads