Has your case been entered into NAMUS??

Ok there is someone who can I turn to the inclusion of cases that I have posted in Namus?

Yes they should be entered into NamUs for the possibility of their remains being recovered. Many cold cases are solved this way, and NamUs has a whole other side for Unidentified remains. Sometimes it's just a matter of matching them up. https://identifyus.org/en

Thank you as well for the response and insight.

The older case I was referring to is Lucy T. Pacheco. She went missing in Honolulu in December 1965. I think there is enough given information for NamUs, but her exact height and weight aren't documented anywhere, and I know that is must for a submission. Her daughter was actively involved in her search after her disappearance, but she died back in 2007, and from her website memorial page on her mom (that is now offline), it never stated them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...amp-Albert-de-Mattos-Honolulu-9-December-1965

Thank you as well for the response and insight.

The older case I was referring to is Lucy T. Pacheco. She went missing in Honolulu in December 1965. I think there is enough given information for NamUs, but her exact height and weight aren't documented anywhere, and I know that is must for a submission. Her daughter was actively involved in her search after her disappearance, but she died back in 2007, and from her website memorial page on her mom (that is now offline), it never stated them.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...amp-Albert-de-Mattos-Honolulu-9-December-1965

Are you certain they won't accept a range on height and weight??

Are you certain they won't accept a range on height and weight??

Looks like there is a range for both, but I always got the impression both the height and weight should be correctly and precisely entered as they physically were with the missing person.

Looks like there is a range for both, but I always got the impression both the height and weight should be correctly and precisely entered as they physically were with the missing person.

I'd think a range if you don't know the details would be better than no entry. One could always update it I suppose if you got those details.

Only LE or ME can enter Does in NamUs. What I used to do was contact the case worker for that area to ask if they can reach out to get them entered or reach out to LE or ME to tell them about NamUs. I don't have the time to do it

Ok there is someone who can I turn to the inclusion of cases that I have posted in Namus?

Insert profiles of UID in Namus

This is all I have time for today. I grabbed the titles for the threads as well as what's known, googled the LE/ME web sites and found the NamUs reps. Best suggestion would be to figure out the LE/ME contact to email them about NamUs

1. CO - Brighton, WhtFem 1238UFCO, 20-25, found in a field, Jan'94http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...WhtFem-1238UFCO-20-25-found-in-a-field-Jan-94 - Adams County Sheriff's Office website - NamUs rep - Melissa Gregory - Melissa.Gregory@unthsc.edu
COLD CASE FILES

https://www.colorado.gov/apps/coldcase/casedetail.html?id=69

Doe Network http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1238ufco.html

1238UFCO_LARGE.jpg
1238UFCO1_LARGE.jpg
Case Details

Case Type: Unidentified
Height: 5' 3"
Case Status: OPEN
Weight: Unknown
Aliases:
Identifying Marks: Possibly Native American of Hispanic
Incident Date: 01/08/1994
Agency: Adams County Sheriff's Office
City: Brighton
Date of Birth: Unknown
County: Adams
Date of Death: 01/01/1993
Agency Case #: 94-349
Judicial District: 17th Judicial District
Year Solved:
Race: Caucasian
NamUs Case #: Unknown
Eyes: Brown
NCMEC Case #: Unknown
Hair: Brown

About this Case: - On January 8, 1994, human remains were located in a field near 54th Avenue and Marion Street. Anyone with information is encouraged to contact the Adams County Sheriff's Office.
If you have any information about this case, please contact:

Adams County Sheriff's Office, Brighton, Colorado.

2. CA - Three Rocks, WhtFem, 17-25, ring with picture of boy about 3/4 years old, Jul'93http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ith-picture-of-boy-about-3-4-years-old-Jul-93 Fresno County Sheriff-Coroner's Office website - NamUs rep - Dustin Driscoll - Dustin.Driscoll@unthsc.edu

The Doe Network:
Hot Case 866

http://doenetwork.org/hot/hotcase866.html

Unidentified White Female

• The victim was discovered on July 12, 1993 in Three Rocks, Fresno County, California
  • Estimated Date of Death: 2 months prior

Vital Statistics

• [*]Estimated age: 17-25 years old
    [*]Approximate Height and Weight: 5'4; 120-130 lbs.
    [*]Distinguishing Characteristics: Shoulder-length, medium-brown hair.
  • Clothing: She was wearing a tan-colored T-shirt with "California" and three rats on the front and back of the shirt; a white long-sleeved shirt with navy pinstripes; blue cutoff shorts; and two pieces of jewelry, including a silver cross. There was a ring on her right ring finger. Mounted on it was a picture of a boy, about 3 or 4 years old. He appears in a tiny black-and-white photograph with light-colored hair, wearing what appears to be a dark polo-type shirt. There's no clue where the picture was taken, and police have no idea who the boy might be.
  • Dentals: A gold cap on an upper right molar.
  • Fingerprints: Available
    Case History
    The victim was located when an anonymous caller, likely a passing motorist, telephoned the Sheriff's Department and reported seeing a hand protruding from dirt near Three Rocks, a tiny farming community about 50 miles southwest of Fresno.
    The badly decomposed body of a woman was unearthed. It could have been there more than two months.
    A fingerprint check with the state's Department of Justice computer records, which also includes records from other western states, came up empty.
    Missing-persons cases from throughout the state were checked with no matches. With the body so close to I-5, investigators assumed the woman could have been from almost anywhere.
    Although the cause of death has not been determined, Fresno County sheriff's detectives are handling the case as a homicide.

Investigators
    If you have any information about this case please contact:
    Fresno County Sheriff's Department
    Homicide Cold Case Unit
    559-488-3638

You may remain anonymous when submitting information.
    Source Information:
    The Fresno Bee

3. MA - Quincy, skeletal remains with old collarbone fractures that had healed, Mar '91http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...d-collarbone-fractures-that-had-healed-Mar-91 - - NamUs rep - Lori Bruski - Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu

The police discovered more skeletal remains, a plaid shirt, and a pair of socks buried in a 3-foot grave.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Relentless-quest-to-learn-identity-of-man-s-2928925.php
On March 21, 1991, Bobby Lingoes, a civilian dispatcher at the Quincy Police Department, was called upstairs to the detective bureau.

"Bobby, come see this," said a lieutenant, handing him a report about newly discovered skeletal remains belonging to a 5-foot-8 white male who died about 1988.

Earlier that day, a Quincy man came to police with two bones wrapped in a quilt. He had found them while jogging deep in the woods off Quarry Street. There, under a pile of plywood, police discovered more skeletal remains, a plaid shirt, and a pair of socks buried in a 3-foot grave.

http://www.doenetwork.org/media/unterhuber.html

This case not is in database Namus

Skeleton Doesn't Match Missing Italian Man

A comparison of dental records has ruled out the possibility that skeletal remains found 11 years ago in Qunicy, MA are that of a missing Italian Man.
Robert Lingoes, a member of the Doe Network and civilian employee of the Quincy police department, had spent years trying to identify the unidentified murder victim. It was when the Doe Network's website featured Josef Unterhuber, he thought he had found his match. Unterhuber, a 32 year old man missing from Italy, matched the description of the unidentified man completely.
In addition to matching in age, height, weight, and physical appearance, both Unterhuber and the victim had old collarbone fractures that had healed. This was confirmed by Unterhuber's brother, living in Italy. Also, in 1989, Josef Unterhuber's passport was found on a bench in Boston's South End.
Unterhuber's family was contacted about the possible match, and a DNA analysis was attempted. Unfortunately, the skeleton was too old, and they were unable to obtain a good sample from the remains. Instead, authorities compared dental records and a picture of Unterhuber smiling with a photo of the skull. This led to the conclusion that the skeleton was in fact not that of the missing Unterhuber.
Both the identity of the skeleton, and the whereabouts of Josef Unterhuber remain a mystery.

Press release by Dana Gonzalez. - The Doe Network's Law Enforcement Liaison Robert Lingoes contributed to this release.

I do I contact these people or have you already done?

I do I contact these people or have you already done?

No one has been contacted yet; we're not ready for that. It's a process as I'm showing in my last reply. You had their thread and Doe links; I grabbed the LE web sites and NamUs case workers. Next have to read to see who their LE contact is, then find their email addy on the LE web sites I posted. See below.

Edit - Need to read the article for #3 to make sure of the contact info. I didn't have time yesterday. Just googled for Quincy Police Department

This is all I have time for today. I grabbed the titles for the threads as well as what's known, googled the LE/ME web sites and found the NamUs reps. Best suggestion would be to figure out the LE/ME contact to email them about NamUs

1. CO - Brighton, WhtFem 1238UFCO, 20-25, found in a field, Jan'94 - Adams County Sheriff's Office website - NamUs rep - Melissa Gregory - Melissa.Gregory@unthsc.edu

2. CA - Three Rocks, WhtFem, 17-25, ring with picture of boy about 3/4 years old, Jul'93 - Fresno County Sheriff-Coroner's Office website - NamUs rep - Dustin Driscoll - Dustin.Driscoll@unthsc.edu

3. MA - Quincy, skeletal remains with old collarbone fractures that had healed, Mar '91 - - NamUs rep - Lori Bruski - Lori.Bruski@unthsc.edu - Quincy Police Department

Also needs to go in NamUs - ITALY - Josef Unterhuber, 32, Bolzano, 11 Jan 1988. I'm in NJ, know nothing about Boston. Would need to find out what LE would be in charge of his case

On Feb. 12, 1992, four years after Unterhuber left Bolzano, the Italian Consulate in Boston contacted the family and Bolzano police to tell them that Unterhuber's passport had been found on a bench at The Homeless Older Adults Center at Holy Trinity Churchin Boston's South End.

Josef Unterhuber, a translator from the Italian province of Bolzano.

​
1314894989554UnterhuberJosef_scheda.jpg

Unterhuber had come to the Boston area reeling in pain from a lost love affair. He was last seen on Jan. 11, 1988, just weeks after his 23-year-old girlfriend in Italy had turned down his marriage proposal. Just before his disappearance, Unterhuber, then 32, traveled to Austria to ask his girlfriend to marry him, she said. After her refusal, he returned home on Jan. 11 and asked for two weeks of vacation from work. That night, about 6: 30 p.m., he called his mother from the train station to tell her he was going on a vacation. It was the last time he talked to her.
Just before his disappearance, Unterhuber, then 32, traveled to Austria to ask his girlfriend to marry him, she said. After her refusal, he returned home on Jan. 11 and asked for two weeks of vacation from work. That night, about 6: 30 p.m., he called his mother from the train station to tell her he was going on a vacation. It was the last time he talked to her.
"I just had a bad feeling," she said.
The family called police and they contacted his friends. His mother even remembers going to his apartment with the ex-girlfriend, who is now a doctor in Austria.
Georg Unterhuber described his younger brother as a dashing and brilliant man who was happy and doing well for himself. He had a good job as a translator at the Languages Office of the Independent Province of Bolzano. He spoke Spanish, English, German, and Italian. He'd just bought a white Volkswagen and lived by himself in a large apartment in a residential area. His home was filled with up to 300 books.
Georg said his brother was a bit of a ladies' man, which is why he was so surprised to hear that his disappearance was prompted by his loss of a girlfriend.
His brother had one real love, and Georg believes that is what drew him to Boston: American culture, especially that involving Native Americans. Josef had studied in New Orleans for three months and always dreamed of returning to America. His favorite writer was Karl May, a German writer who died in 1912, never having visited America but writing dozens of best-sellers in Europe about the American West.
Georg believes his brother got so caught up in his American fascination that he decided to travel to America on a lark.
On Feb. 12, 1992, four years after Unterhuber left Bolzano, the Italian Consulate in Boston contacted the family and Bolzano police to tell them that Unterhuber's passport had been found on a bench at The Homeless Older Adults Center at Holy Trinity Churchin Boston's South End.

Other link - Doe Network Skeleton Doesn't Match Missing Italian Man

Also needs to go in NamUs - ITALY - Josef Unterhuber, 32, Bolzano, 11 Jan 1988. I'm in NJ, know nothing about Boston. Would need to find out what LE would be in charge of his case

I've asked WS member Carbuff for help. I believe she has experience with Boston. Would need to find out what LE would be in charge of his case and if they have an MP report. He can be entered in NamUs without an MP report but the case will not go online so that the public can see it.

This question is for those who have successfully submitted a missing person case to Namus:
How long does it take for a case to show up on Namus after you submitted it?
The first one I submitted was 2 weeks ago.
Thanks

I submitted Brook Peck, http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?295443-FL-Brooklyn-Peck-21-New-Port-Richey-26-Oct-2015&highlight=Brook+Peck. It took about five days, but I also emailed the case worker to ask how long it would be before her case would show up, so maybe I pressured them a little.

My english is very bad, anyone who subimitted email for me for this three cases?

Hello... I am new here, first day. I have been active on NamUs for several years, collecting missing information and setting up cases. Last month, after reading that Alaska had the highest missing rate in the nation I decided to review and load every case I could find. So far I have added 16 but I know there are many more. NamUs wants all missing, although I tend to wait until a period of time has passed, the older cases are helpful in trying to match unidentified. I have have dozens of agencies that have unidentified's that are not loaded on NamUs, but only law enforcement can update that data base. I don't know what we can do about that, I'm sure they must be aware of NamUs, they just don't submit their unidentified cases. Any tips you can pass on for this website would be appreciated, I am not sure how to get around. Thanks, Nancy

Hello... I am new here, first day. I have been active on NamUs for several years, collecting missing information and setting up cases. Last month, after reading that Alaska had the highest missing rate in the nation I decided to review and load every case I could find. So far I have added 16 but I know there are many more. NamUs wants all missing, although I tend to wait until a period of time has passed, the older cases are helpful in trying to match unidentified. I have have dozens of agencies that have unidentified's that are not loaded on NamUs, but only law enforcement can update that data base. I don't know what we can do about that, I'm sure they must be aware of NamUs, they just don't submit their unidentified cases. Any tips you can pass on for this website would be appreciated, I am not sure how to get around. Thanks, Nancy

You can post the Does here, at least there would be record. Are they all Alaska? One of my missing person's cases is there from 1995, she hasn't been found but is most likely deceased. Jessica Hager is the NamUs RSA, they can then be given to her to see if she can get LE or ME to cooperate with adding them

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crime.junkie
Back