Holly Bobo's Remains Have Been Identified

The skull may not have dental, goldenbear... HB's dental record is on file @NAMUS
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10305

I am just coming back on line and when I received a PM about Holly my heart jumped.

I am afraid the mandible is probably gone after this length of time. It detaches from the skull very easily as it goes through decomposition.

And that is what is needed if the are going to try and identify Holly by her teeth.

I am sure they are scouring everywhere looking for just one tooth that may have been scattered by wild animals.

I am not sure how else they can ID the skull if they do not have the teeth. Of course they can tell the approximate age maybe and the race and if it seems to be a female or a male.

Are there others who are missing in this area if you know, Foxfire?

While it still breaks my heart that Holly is gone maybe this is the beginning where Holly's family can have some semblance of peace knowing even part of their precious daughter has been found. It reminds me of John Walsh only have the head of Adam but at least he did have that so he could bury him properly.

I really hope they can find other parts of the remains that are probably really scattered in a large wide area after this length of time. I can certainly see why they will be there for days.

But if not Holly then some other family will have answers as to what happened to their loved one.

May God be with the entire Bobo family as they wait for answers.

IMO

I think the shortest route is 12.2 miles, tlyca.. adding the two blue segments on each end to the gray segment..
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ada...764b0053880be1!2m2!1d-88.1688139!2d35.8204882

here is the route I was picturing:

Head west on Adams Ln toward TN-69 N 0.1 mi

Turn right onto TN-69 N 1.1 mi

Take the 2nd left onto Spence Store Loop 0.3 mi

Turn right onto Hohammer Rd 2.9 mi

Turn right onto Yellow Spring Rd 1.5 mi

Turn right onto Bible Hill Rd/Holladay Rd 0.1 mi

Take the 1st left onto County Corner Rd 1.0 mi

waypoint-last-2x.png

County Corner Rd

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ada...880be1!2m2!1d-88.1688139!2d35.8204882!3e0!5i1

6.9 miles a 22 minute drive.

I am just coming back on line and when I received a PM about Holly my heart jumped.

I am afraid the mandible is probably gone after this length of time. It detaches from the skull very easily as it goes through decomposition.

And that is what is needed if the are going to try and identify Holly by her teeth.

I am sure they are scouring everywhere looking for just one tooth that may have been scattered by wild animals.

I am not sure how else they can ID the skull if they do not have the teeth. Of course they can tell the approximate age maybe and the race and if it seems to be a female or a male.

Are there others who are missing in this area if you know, Foxfire?

While it still breaks my heart that Holly is gone maybe this is the beginning where Holly's family can have some semblance of peace knowing even part of their precious daughter has been found. It reminds me of John Walsh only have the head of Adam but at least he did have that so he could bury him properly.

I really hope they can find other parts of the remains that are probably really scattered in a large wide area after this length of time. I can certainly see why they will be there for days.

But if not Holly then some other family will have answers as to what happened to their loved one.

May God be with the entire Bobo family as they wait for answers.

IMO

What about the maxillary teeth?? The maxilla is also known as the upper jaw.

It is strange that there is no dental with the skull, right? Or is that usual?

So far, the location where they found the skull is weirdly reported. Undoubtedly riddled with huge inaccuracy.

The info they've given says, via various reports, that the location is (a) in Holladay TN, (b) in the part of Holladay that's in Decatur Co, not in Benton Co, and (c) 10, 11, or about/less than 15 miles from the Adams property.

Unless we (or I) have locations badly bolluxed, that set of facts does not appear possible. One or more of those "facts" are simply wrong.

Here's a rough sketch of the geography, and it's easy to see quickly how wrong it is.

BENTON County

* Holladay TN town

_________________ county line dividing Benton and Decatur Co
* Adams home, approx 1 mile S of county line, and about 5 mi each way from
extreme borders E and W of Decatur Co

* Parsons TN
DECATUR Co

If the skull was found in Decatur Co and 10-15 miles from the Adams property, you have to go South, and by a considerable distance. Holladay (the town area) is about 5 mi NW as the crow flies, and Adams is only maybe a mile from the Benton Co line. You can't go N/NE/NW from Adams and be in Decatur Co (the limits are something like 1 mi N, 5 mi NE, 5 mi NW)

It's about 12.5 mis to Parsons (town area) from Adams. Locations going S/SE/SW that far are not likely to be described as in Holladay.

If we can trust the description as being in Holladay but also in Decatur Co, then it's way more likely that it's only 3-4 miles from Adams, or maybe even much closer. If instead the "10-15 miles away" is true, then if it's in Decatur Co it has to be way south, and could even be in the rough vicinity of the Bobo home.

In time I'm sure we'll get something better.

Isn't the community where the Adam's property is located called Holladay?

I may have it wrong though.

It is strange that there is no dental with the skull, right? Or is that usual?

No, it is more unusual for the mandible to still be attached to the skull.

Once the jaw muscles/tendons/tissue deteriorates the mandible will fall away from the skull itself.

However; if this is Holly it wouldn't surprise me in the least that these monsters removed all of her teeth before she was discarded.

It also wouldn't surprise me if her head was discarded in one place and the rest of her remains may have been put elsewhere in other locations.:(

initial reports were sketchy. More info on the alleged site of discovery is coming out now and should provide clarity.

No, it is more unusual for the mandible to still be attached to the skull.

Once the jaw muscles/tendons/tissue deteriorates the mandible will fall away from the skull itself.

However; if this is Holly it wouldn't surprise me in the least that these monsters removed all of her teeth before she was discarded.

It also wouldn't surprise me if her head was discarded in one place and the rest of her remains may have been put elsewhere in other locations
.:(

BBM I agree with both these. Which is why I hope that if the rest or at least more of the remains are not found in that area of skull location and this is determined to be Holly or they are unable to rule her out, they need to search along the driving routes from the Adams property and the location of skull find.

What about the maxillary teeth?? The maxilla is also known as the upper jaw.

Yes, since it is the mandible that is hinged it will fall away but the maxillary may still be in place.

But after death the teeth even the maxillary teeth will usually loosen with time from the skull and fall away.

Imo, about the only chance they have of finding teeth after this long is if they go over a large area with a fine sifter.

Although all it takes is one tooth to still be attached. So I hope it is a miracle and at least one of the teeth are still there or in the area.

IMO

for those with more knowledge than I on skeletal remains:

Is DNA identification possible from simply the skull? seems like I am under the impression they are able to do that with bone but cannot recall which case I followed that make me think that. If true, I would think those results would take much longer to reach tho if no teeth remain with or near skull.

Yes, since it is the mandible that is hinged it will fall away but the maxillary may still be in place.

But after death the teeth even the maxillary teeth will usually loosen with time from the skull and fall away.

Imo, about the only chance they have of finding teeth after this long is if they go over a large area with a fine sifter.

Although all it takes is one tooth to still be attached. So I hope it is a miracle and at least one of the teeth are still there or in the area.

IMO

Oh I agree Ocean. Just adding to the conversation. Truth be told, I won't be surprised if the teeth were removed~~ if this turns out to be Holly.

BBM I agree with both these. Which is why I hope that if the rest or at least more of the remains are not found in that area of skull location and this is determined to be Holly or they are unable to rule her out, they need to search along the driving routes from the Adams property and the location of skull find.

Exactly. How many times have we read cases where extensive searches were done by LE but then someone else not even connected to the case will stumble upon the remains by happenstance? And the body was there the entire time. It just shows how hard it really is to find victims who have been discarded. It truly is like looking for a needle in a haystack and sometimes they have no clue which haystack to even look in.

If they do ID this skull as belonging to Holly then the DT cant say she is alive as I am sure that is what they were planning to do at trial. That always seems to be the old standby in missing person cases. If this is Holly's skull this will be a huge discovery for LE.

If the skull is identifiable as Holly's that is all LE/DA needs to have to prove she is dead but her family deserves to have all the remains of their daughter back. I have no doubt the new DA and LE now will really start beefing up the searches.

He may know already that he doesn't even need the skull to prove his case but he seems to be a thoughtful man and knows all parents deserve to have their child's remains returned to them.

This find will all give them a fresh start. If this is not Holly then they will do more searches for her now.

IMO

for those with more knowledge than I on skeletal remains:

Is DNA identification possible from simply the skull? seems like I am under the impression they are able to do that with bone but cannot recall which case I followed that make me think that. If true, I would think those results would take much longer to reach tho if no teeth remain with or near skull.
Yes DNA can be extracted from a skull. If the test is given priority the test results can be very quick. (within the 3 days the sheriff stated)

It would be interesting to know if her wisdom teeth had come in yet. If not that might be one way to positively ID.
Also if she had any history of past sinus infections/X-rays.
Even an X-ray from an orthodontist will show some of the upper face/skull, if nothing else it might exclude her fairly quickly.

All posts are MOO

Oh I agree Ocean. Just adding to the conversation. Truth be told, I won't be surprised if the teeth were removed~~ if this turns out to be Holly.

And its always great to see you post, Suthrnqt!

We can all hope for a miracle because miracles do happen. There have been skulls found that did have one or two teeth still there.

Imo, these monsters are capable of anything. They have had so long to move her remains around too and do whatever horrible things they wanted to do to them too before they were finally arrested

IMO.

here is the route I was picturing:

Head west on Adams Ln toward TN-69 N 0.1 mi

Turn right onto TN-69 N 1.1 mi

Take the 2nd left onto Spence Store Loop 0.3 mi

Turn right onto Hohammer Rd 2.9 mi

Turn right onto Yellow Spring Rd 1.5 mi

Turn right onto Bible Hill Rd/Holladay Rd 0.1 mi

Take the 1st left onto County Corner Rd 1.0 mi

waypoint-last-2x.png

County Corner Rd

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Ada...880be1!2m2!1d-88.1688139!2d35.8204882!3e0!5i1

6.9 miles a 22 minute drive.

Yep, if that's the site, it's 6.x miles drive (depending on exactly where on County Corner Rd it might be) and 4-5 miles "as the crow flies." Definitely not 10-15 miles from Adams property, and this site would seem relatively close to Adams since they are both in the same general rural area that lies between Holladay and Parsons along the I-40 corridor.

well since I am to be home from work for the next few days and at loose ends somewhat on bed rest I am glad to have something new to chew on. I had intended to watch the probably cause hearing in the Abigail Hernandez case but that was postponed. So as horrible as it sounds I am glad this development will give me something to focus my attention on.

I do hope the teeth remain with the skull as that is I think the easiest way to quickly identify the remains as Holly or not but it gives me great hope to read that DNA could also work and if rushed won't take weeks.

Yes DNA can be extracted from a skull. If the test is given priority the test results can be very quick. (within the 3 days the sheriff stated)

Thank you so much goldenbear.

I didn't know they had advanced that far. At one time they couldn't and needed a molar to make identification if they only had the skull.

So the Sheriff has already said they will know who it is in just three days from now?

That is such a relief to know that.

IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson