Possible matches for UID Longview, TX woman

Diane Marie Bourne has a thread here at WS: CANADA Canada - Diane Marie Bourne, 22, Ashton Ontario, 6 March 1976 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community I think she is a bit too old to be our Jane Doe and her height is way off. She was 22 when she went missing in 1976 and was just 5'2".

I'll wait until others weigh in before I add her to the list that I just posted.

Robin Lynn Vansickel

Topless dancer from Alaska

Referenced in a book as buying cocaine from an undercover officer & then disappearing:

http://books.google.com/books?id=UO...EwAw#v=onepage&q=robin lynn vansickel&f=false

Here are more details on Robin Lynn Vansickel, including a picture from 1988. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vansickel_robin.html
I don't see the resemblance, she is listed as only 5'4" and the timing is off. Jane Doe was already well on her way to becoming LEK in June of 1988.

Here are more details on Robin Lynn Vansickel, including a picture from 1988. http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vansickel_robin.html
I don't see the resemblance, she is listed as only 5'4" and the timing is off. Jane Doe was already well on her way to becoming LEK in June of 1988.

I was thinking that using 1988 as a cutoff for possible matches is a mistake. I think that this change of identity was sophisticated, so we aren't going to see a missing woman on the date that would necessarily correspond to the date that FLEK got all her paperwork together.

She might have had her new identity but still was in contact with people and places of her original identity.

As for the heights, it's better to go ahead and consider one that doesn't match due to the high error rate I've found between missing persons sites. You can find huge differences in height, weight & eye color.

There's a good example of a person "aging" his fake ID in the Jaime Laiaddee case. He established his new identity while he still lived as his old ID. He built up a credit history, etc. We don't know what exact date FLEK cut off all ties with her past.

I was thinking that using 1988 as a cutoff for possible matches is a mistake. I think that this change of identity was sophisticated, so we aren't going to see a missing woman on the date that would necessarily correspond to the date that FLEK got all her paperwork together.

She might have had her new identity but still was in contact with people and places of her original identity.

As for the heights, it's better to go ahead and consider one that doesn't match due to the high error rate I've found between missing persons sites. You can find huge differences in height, weight & eye color.

The picture of Robin Lynn Vansickel was from 1988. We have a picture of FLEK from 1988, when she got the Idaho ID card as Becky Sue. They do not look anything alike. I agree with the possibility that she continued to use multiple identities while she was creating a new one, but I just don't see any fit with Robin.

Deborah J Stalder turned state's witness in a drug-related murder. She testified to an execution-style murder. He was from North Hollywood, got a sentence very close to 402 months & I haven't found Stalder in any records since the trial.

http://articles.latimes.com/1985-11-14/local/me-2414_1_van-nuys

The case involving Zimmer/Hoban/Cassanelli drug transaction/murder has been discussed here many times. Deborah Stalder has been mentioned, as has a girl related to Zimmer. We might need to search the forum and create a new thread to keep it all in one place. Thoughts?

The picture of Robin Lynn Vansickel was from 1988. We have a picture of FLEK from 1988, when she got the Idaho ID card as Becky Sue. They do not look anything alike. I agree with the possibility that she continued to use multiple identities while she was creating a new one, but I just don't see any fit with Robin.

The case involving Zimmer/Hoban/Cassanelli drug transaction/murder has been discussed here many times. Deborah Stalder has been mentioned, as has a girl related to Zimmer. We might need to search the forum and create a new thread to keep it all in one place. Thoughts?

Sorry! I agree--maybe we need to have a thread for each possible candidate that hasn't been ruled out. I didn't realize there was so much history on this thread--and I'm off to search now! Thanks for the info on Robin.

Sorry! I agree--maybe we need to have a thread for each possible candidate that hasn't been ruled out. I didn't realize there was so much history on this thread--and I'm off to search now! Thanks for the info on Robin.

I think you misunderstood my post. We have not discussed Robin at length. It is the Deborah Stalder, Zimmer/Hoban/Cassanelli case that was discussed before.

The thread for FLEK was started here at Websleuths in March 2012, so we have been discussing it for over a year. See this thread: TX - Longview, WhtFem (UP 9863), 41-50, Suicide - Assumed Identity, Dec'10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I'd love for her to turn out to be Judy Ann Gary (missing from St. Martinville Parish, Louisiana since 1986; age 19 at time of disappearance), just because it's a localish missing persons case for me & one that seems to get no attention (and never did).

I cannot find any height info for Judy and the pictures are of really poor quality. Also, there's no DNA on file for Judy. Sigh. Probably not a match anyway but I'd love to see both Lori & Judy's cases resolved.

Judy's Louisiana Respository for Missing Persons website profile:
http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=170

I'd love for her to turn out to be Judy Ann Gary (missing from St. Martinville Parish, Louisiana since 1986; age 19 at time of disappearance), just because it's a localish missing persons case for me & one that seems to get no attention (and never did).

I cannot find any height info for Judy and the pictures are of really poor quality. Also, there's no DNA on file for Judy. Sigh. Probably not a match anyway but I'd love to see both Lori & Judy's cases resolved.

Judy's Louisiana Respository for Missing Persons website profile:
http://identifyla.lsu.edu/profile.php?id=170

She is on our list of people mentioned as matches. She has not been submitted as a possible match.
Doe Network. http://doenetwork.org/cases/1537dfla.html
I don't know how to do same sized side by side photos, but here is Judy's photo with a photo of FLEK from NamUs next to it.
JGary.jpg

Judy's face looks much rounder while LEK's looks longer. But Judy's pic is of such poor quality....

They honestly don't look very much alike to me (although Judy's pic makes it so much harder to tell) but I'd love for both cases to be resolved and if two birds can be hit with one stone, ya know... ;)

I don't see Teresa Barreras listed here as a possibility.

The height and time frame seem to work (height especially). However, Teresa is much heavier than Becky/Lori was, but people can loose weight, so who knows.

Teresa's NAMUS profile: https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/10135

ETA: I just read Teresa had a couple of tattoos on her back, so I guess that rules her out as LEK.

How funny you post this today. As I was eating poorly all weekend, I was thinking I need to lose 15 lbs before the fall to wear nice skinny jeans.. Then I looked at the notes page. Maybe... 40 2 months meant lose 40 lbs in 2 months. Of course hard if not impossible, but can't be ruled out. What is the time line between the Idaho ID pic and the passport or tx DL pic? She could have lost weight even between those pics. Could explain the Bulimia too. This does favor her!

When did they start tattoo removal? Did the detective say FLEk did NOT have tattoos? I do t remember. Maybe they didn't say one way or another. The face structure is VERY close IMo to the ID card pic.

Devils advocate.. Here is a side by side.. I mean people's faces change ALOT with weight loss, and it was speculated FLEK had a nose job.. I can't say yes , I can't say noImageUploadedByTapatalk1374469111.788790.jpg

Jackie Kay Boyer was mentioned prior to the thread move. Was she ruled out or submitted? I didn't see her on the list in this thread.

I think there is a strong resemblance, especially if Jackie's picture was flipped. One eye appears very slightly smaller for both of them.

I did a lot of searching and there is very little information about Jackie, how sad!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/boyer_jackie.html

(If anyone wants to point me in the direction of how to post side by sides, that would great!)

Please look into Debra Lee Frost.

Went missing in 1984. A lot of things from DLF's case tie into the Longview woman's case.

BST's Idaho ID said she was 5'6, same height as DLF.
Sandy hair, hazel eyes.
Went missing in '84 at age 17. Puts her in the "older than '69" year from BST's birth certificate.
Last place seen - Mountain Bell Plaza...and Mountain Bell is prominent on the "notes" sheet.
From Utah - right in the heart of Idaho, WA, Cali, AZ, Tx, etc.
Habitual hitchhiker - could explain how she traveled place-to-place without her own car.
A quote from her half-brother on a blog: "From what I understand she went through hell just before she disappeared, so I think it is very likely that she just left."
This blog has some interesting dialogue between a half-brother -- same dad, different moms (and it sounds like DLF's mom was a "peach") -- and an uncle. Sounds like DLF's mom & dad also gave a kid up for adoption

http://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/2006/02/07/missing-debra-lee-frost-salt-lake-city-ut7984/

Intriguing story, even if DLF's pix don't necessarily jibe with LEK's.

Debra Lee Frost

Left: Frost, circa 1984;
Right: Age-progression at age 39 (circa 2006)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: July 9, 1984 from Salt Lake City, Utah
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: April 17, 1967
Height and Weight: 5'6, 120 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian female. Sandy brown hair, hazel eyes. Frost has a burn scar on the calf of her left leg, a scar on her nose, and freckles. Her ears are pierced. Her nickname is Debbie.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: A black tube top with a white fishnet overlay, long blue pants and blue tennis shoes.

Details of Disappearance:
Frost was last seen at approximately 10:00 p.m. in her hometown of Salt Lake City, Utah on July 9, 1984. She was at the Mountain Bell Plaza at the time. Frost planned to either walk or hitchhike to Montgomery Street in Salt Lake City; she never arrived. It is not known if she located a ride or began walking on her own.
Frost has never been heard from again. Her father died in 2005 at age 58; the rest of her family continues to search for her. Investigators believe she was abducted. Few details are available in her case.

Investigating Agency
If you have any information concerning this case, please contact:
Salt Lake City Police Department
801-799-3734

Source Information
The National Center For Missing and Exploited Children
Utah Criminal Tracking and Analysis Project
Utah Department of Public Safety
The Salt Lake Tribune

Updated 3 times since October 12, 2004.

Last updated September 14, 2006; age-progression updated.

Charley Project Home

Pollyanne Jean Carter was submitted to LE by LivelyFan on 07/24/13.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back