OH - MICHAEL MADISON, East Cleveland, 2013

Police may have found fourth body.
"A half dozen officers raised a tarp to block onlookers and pulled out evidence bags about 4:15 p.m. behind an occupied house at 1374 East 139th, after two police dogs had checked the weeds at 3:15 p.m. The dogs left and an investigator with a camera entered the backyard."

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/07/police_are_collecting_evidence.html

It's now saying that despite cadaver dog hits, and despite putting up tarps that they didn't find anything there. They didn't explain why they took actions that made it look like they did find something.

Evidently MM himself has told them there are more bodies. Now is that true or is it that he is trying to inflate his body count to make himself seem more like Sowell?

Just stay out of Cleveland and Columbus and you will be ok.

J/K I live in Ohio and have been to Columbus. Never met a serial killer that I know of yet. Ohio is pretty much ok, almost boring most of the time.

...and Akron. Let's not forget about Taylor Robinson, a lovely young woman who is missing!! Akron is about 20 miles away from Cleveland.

Here is Taylor's thread:
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=211431&highlight=taylor+robinson&page=3

How could so many women go missing in such a small area???? This bothers me so much.

I live just across the lake in southwestern Ontario and these places have so much potential, yet so much crime. And thank you mysteriew for reminding us of how many areas of Ohio are just fine. (Some neighbors of ours had moved from Canton....lovely people, as so many Ohioans are!)

Can the governor step in and help the folks of East Cleveland? People shouldn't have to worry whether their daughters will come home. This seems like an epidemic to me.

I live in Cincinnati...we always have had a thing for Cleveland...we call them "the mistake beside the lake"...seriously..until recently, I wouldn't have thought they had any more crime than any other large city...was I ever wrong! ^i^

from Wikipedia:

In October 2010, Cleveland had two neighborhoods appear on ABC News's list of 'America's 25 Most Dangerous Neighborhoods': both in sections just blocks apart in the city's Central neighborhood on the East Side. Ranked 21st was in the vicinity of Quincy Avenue and E.40th Streets, while an area near E. 55th and Scovill Avenue ranked 2nd in the nation, just behind a section of the East Garfield Park neighborhood in Chicago, which ranked 1st.

2 out of the 25 worst. Not good. :notgood:

Of course someone has to be the worst, but this just isn't acceptable. These people deserve more. Something hasn't worked. Is the solution more education? more hope? more jobs? So sad. :(

Come on! Cleveland....home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
pre_footer_rockhall.jpg

Let's get behind them!

from Wikipedia:

2 out of the 25 worst. Not good. :notgood:

Of course someone has to be the worst, but this just isn't acceptable. These people deserve more. Something hasn't worked. Is the solution more education? more hope? more jobs? So sad. :(

Come on! Cleveland....home of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame!
pre_footer_rockhall.jpg

Let's get behind them!
talking about the case is fine but let us not bring the entire city of Cleveland into the mix. This is not directed just at your post by the way.

talking about the case is fine but let us not bring the entire city of Cleveland into the mix. This is not directed just at your post by the way.

I hear you and respect you Nurse! You are part of the glue and saneness that keeps WS running smoothly and respectively.

But I am still concerned about east Cleveland. Yes, this amounts to just a few individuals (the perps), but how many women have lost their lives to violence over the past year? I find it unacceptable for such a great city.

1) Sowell. Kills how many women? 11?
2) The three female hostages, held in Cleveland.
3) At least 7 women missing over the past 6-7 months ...many who have been found murdered and relate to the perp in this thread.

Is there another city with as many female victims in the news in such a short period of time? If we can't raise this as an issue, then when can we? Should we be silent?

Is this inappropriate to say? I care about this city. The people of this wonderful city deserve better. Their loved ones deserve better.

I am sorry if I've stepped over the line, but there seems to be a problem. Feel free to delete my post if it is some how inappropriate.

Is there another city with as many female victims in the news in such a short period of time?

Yes! Chicago. Sadly, the entire city has been given a bad rep much like Cleveland due to a few bad neighborhoods. (I hear ya, nursebeeme!)

Is this inappropriate to say? I care about this city. The people of this wonderful city deserve better. Their loved ones deserve better.

Completely appropriate! I hear you. I feel the same way about Chicago.

Back to the topic: I hope these bodies give closure to some families and that they are not "new" victims. (Don't take that the wrong way, of course we want good outcomes for all the missing in Ohio and abroad.)

--I'm a former Ohioan. Surburbs north of Cincy! ;)

No more bodies found Sunday after East Cleveland police resume, expand search
Posted: 07/21/2013 Last Updated: 53 minutes ago
By: Associated Press
"It's very scary, especially when he used to be talking to my daughter," said Crosby, 48. "But I told him he was too old to be talking to my daughter because she was only 19. When I found out how old he was, I said, `You need to move on, she's too young.' "
Ohio authorities end search for more victims after 3 bodies found in neighborhood
Published July 21, 2013Associated Press
Cuyahoga County medical examiner Dr. Thomas P. Gilson said Sunday that the bodies were in advanced stages of decomposition and that it would take several days to identify them and how they died.

"The MO of each body we've found so far was wrapped up in a lot of garbage bags, so if you see anything .... and it might not look like it's a body, but it could be -- because each bag, the way he had each person was in a fetal position," Spotts told searchers before they began. "It didn't look like a person could actually fit in the bag."
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...stic-wrapped-bodies-in-cleveland-suburbs?lite
Authorities continued looking for more possible victims into Sunday evening before calling off the search, East Cleveland Police Chief Ralph Spotts told reporters.
"We officially found nothing," he said. "We will not pick up the search again."
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...ter-bodies-of-3-women-found-in-cleveland?lite
Michael Madison, 35, a registered sex offender, will appear in court Monday and is expected to be charged in connection with the deaths of the three black women whose bodies were discovered Friday and Saturday in the town of East Cleveland, NBC station WKYC reported.

I live in Cincinnati...we always have had a thing for Cleveland...we call them "the mistake beside the lake"...seriously..until recently, I wouldn't have thought they had any more crime than any other large city...was I ever wrong! ^i^

I live in Cleveland those jokes are old and boring it's actually a cool city just stay out of the east side ;)

That looks good for Shirellda then... she has only been missing since July.

If the other two bodies are MORE decomposed they'd probably been missing longer than the identified one missing since early June.
Unless of course this one was killed more recently than early June when she disappeared.
Then it might not matter who is more decomposed.

http://www.19actionnews.com/story/2...d-woman-pray-shes-not-one-of-the-bodies-found

Officially no more remains were found. Interesting way to put that. How about unofficially, was anything found?

the guy had access to a car that was towed. I would not put anything past him at all. (what with his "hero" and all). Maybe the officially part means or intimates he is still talking/being interviewed? (and perhaps even he has sent them on wild goose chases as well) <----just a thought

Is he in court today or are they awaiting ID on the remaining victims?

he is NOT cooperating

&#8220;He&#8217;s not being cooperative,&#8221; Spotts said of Madison. &#8220;He&#8217;s not saying there aren&#8217;t any more bodies, but he&#8217;s not saying there are. He&#8217;s playing both sides of the fence.&#8221;

another snip (hey wait I thought the guy had a car)

Spotts also said officials do not expect to find bodies outside the search area.

&#8220;We don&#8217;t think he took anything he couldn&#8217;t carry,&#8221; Spotts said.

much more at link.

They expect him to be charged today

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/07/search_in_east_cleveland_ends.html

yup he was arraigned

http://www.trbimg.com/img-51ed65cd/turbine/la-na-nn-east-cleveland-charges-20130722-001/600

At a Monday court appearance, Madison didn't enter a plea and waived a preliminary hearing as a judge set his bail for $6 million, according to the Associated Press. The charges carry the possibility of the death penalty. Madison was registered as a sex offender after a 2002 conviction for attempted rape.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...st-cleveland-charges-20130722,0,4145979.story

and he got BAIL! eta: not saying he made bail but it was SET! :burn: this guy is an already convicted RSO!

Oh, shoot. I meant to post the pic this morning.

0xfh.jpg

Michael Madison, 35
(Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Department)

East Cleveland bodies: 'Lots of reasons' to suspect there are more, mayor says
By Thomas J. Sheeran and Andrew Welsh-Huggins
Associated Press
Posted: 07/22/2013 08:13:11 AM PDT Updated: 07/22/2013 11:23:11 AM PDT
Madison threatened about a month ago to attack women in the same fashion as Sowell, said Eric Wilson, a neighbor who saw Madison frequently. Mayor Gary Norton said Madison gave similar indications to authorities.
"He said some things that led us to believe that in some way, shape, or form, Sowell might be an influence," Norton told The Associated Press.
Not much new in the article, but there's a video of him in court.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3bell4010066bppts
Back