Identified! IL - Will Co., Male body in Des Plaines River, May'09 - Gary Schmidt

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad I didn't turn the radio off while I was doing the whole laundry/vacuum thing. Initial autopsy is inconclusive. Small amount of money in blue jeans, or what was left of jeans. They do have dna to run. Spinal column there, ribs. No arms, head, or lower leg bones. As far as what's missing, they don't know if what was disassembled by animal, or somebody that really really didn't want anybody to ID who this was quickly.

Sorry to be so graphic. This is what they are saying now on WLS.

I know this is slightly off topic but does anyone beside me think that Drew Peterson picked out the Defense co-counsel, the pretty female co-counsel to help Joel with this case. I know that defense attys defending rapists and murderers of women always try to have a woman either defending the or co-counsel helping defend the . This is suppose to make the jury feel that women trust this and that they are not afraid to be around him.
:mad:

It's not a fact that LE has a head or at least a jawbone. It's just my speculation based on a news report that the ME is doing DNA and dental records to identify the remains. I was just saying that if they're comparing dental records, they must have a head or at least a jawbone. :)
It is a logical conclusion. It is enough for me to accept it as meaning they do have a skull or partial to compare.

ETA: Looks like the report could be wrong. (sigh) Why do they do that to us?!

I'm glad I didn't turn the radio off while I was doing the whole laundry/vacuum thing. Initial autopsy is inconclusive. Small amount of money in blue jeans, or what was left of jeans. They do have dna to run. Spinal column there, ribs. No arms, head, or lower leg bones. As far as what's missing, they don't know if what was disassembled by animal, or somebody that really really didn't want anybody to ID who this was quickly.

Awww. I hope they are wrong and the other article is right.

It sounds like they got more remains than we thought. I think it is pretty pointed that what is missing is the very items needed to assist with ID. And leave it to a cop to remember to get rid of them. Good to hear they did get DNA. Shouldn't take long then, 3 days to a week unless they run into complication.

Small amount of money in the pockets, a pointed way of saying that she wasn't robbed.

Everyone time I am away from the computer for a day something major happens in one of this cases. I drove my daughter to an out-of-town appointment yesterday, and got back late. Maybe I should go away again,and the autopsy results will be in conclusively. I pray for the families sake of the missing women Stacy Peterson and Lisa Stebic that it is one of them, and they can put their missing relative to rest.
Just a note - I would not wish that either of these women are no longer with us, but it seems most likely they are not.

I read earlier today that his attorney said DP wasn't concerned about it.

He probably said it with a straight face too!:rolleyes:

fran

------------
Can't help but think of Casey Anthony's lack of emotion or response when it was reported that "bones' were found in the dive in Blanchard's Park. IMO, it was because she knew that it absolutely could not be Caylee because she knew where Caylee really was...............this worries me a little bit that there is a chance that Drew Peterson isn't concerned because maybe this body isn't Stacey because he knows that is not where he put her. Not that I think that he would be concerned anyway. Stacey is the mother of two of his children, but hey, he never care before about that.........:behindbar

Sorry trying to catch up here, so someone may have already said this, but as far as the comment regarding Drew "acting normal" so it's probably not Stacy...well he's an evil man that was somehow able to justfy his actions in killing his wife not once, but twice, this leads me to believe he WOULD act normal regardless. In his head, he's either invincible or has done nothing wrong. Either way, he's not tipping his hand. I really hope it's her so her family can be at peace.

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois coroner says results are inconclusive from an autopsy performed on human remains found along the Des Plaines River.

The body was discovered in Will County, home to two missing women whose disappearances have drawn national media attention.

Coroner Patrick O'Neil said in a news release Thursday that his office is unable to discern the identity, race or sex of the skeletal remains. O'Neil says an expedited DNA analysis will likely take about two weeks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpWM_W3kcTvxz22e6hhsxWmTIAuQD98ART2O3

It is going to be a very long two weeks for those families. I feel so sorry for them. :(

Drew's cousin was on GMA this AM...he said he thinks it's her based on the fact that he HELPED Drew remove a heavy blue barrel from their bedroom. Am I a naive, or does that make anyone else go, "WHY WOULD YOU HELP SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T TRUST DO SOMETHING THAT UNUSUAL!!!". It just SEEMS evil, didn't BS meter go off and tell him this was wrong and he shouldn't help? I realize it was before Stacy was officially missing, but still. Call me crazy and midwestern, but we don't keep blue barrels in our bedrooms here in Ohio. :)

It sounds like they got more remains than we thought. I think it is pretty pointed that what is missing is the very items needed to assist with ID. And leave it to a cop to remember to get rid of them. Good to hear they did get DNA. Shouldn't take long then, 3 days to a week unless they run into complication.

Small amount of money in the pockets, a pointed way of saying that she wasn't robbed.
I can't help but recall the story from Cassandra about Stacy never having cash on her because DP insisted she use her debit card so he could keep track of every dime she spent. She went into a detailed version of not being able to put change into a Salvation Army bucket while Christmas Shopping so Stacy bought a cup of coffee with her card and gave it to the man instead.

I hope that continued searches of the river will turn up more evidence.

It's not too much of a stretch of imagination to think that DP is diabolical enough to disassemble a body to remove any means of identification (head - dental records, hands - fingerprints). But, he can't remove DNA, and although the families of Lisa and Stacy, and all of us who are following this case will have to wait a bit longer for confirmation one way or another, the DNA will be the proof.

------------
Can't help but think of Casey Anthony's lack of emotion or response when it was reported that "bones' were found in the dive in Blanchard's Park. IMO, it was because she knew that it absolutely could not be Caylee because she knew where Caylee really was...............this worries me a little bit that there is a chance that Drew Peterson isn't concerned because maybe this body isn't Stacey because he knows that is not where he put her. Not that I think that he would be concerned anyway. Stacey is the mother of two of his children, but hey, he never care before about that.........:behindbar

It could be that, or it could be Brodsky just being the big boob he is and telling everyone Drew isn't concerned. It's interesting that Brodsky was at the jail last night. Maybe to put a muzzle on his client just in case Drew started talking inappropriately again :)

Of course, they both talk inappropriately anyway so how Brodsky thinks telling everyone his client is "unconcerned" is beyond me.

Drew's cousin was on GMA this AM...he said he thinks it's her based on the fact that he HELPED Drew remove a heavy blue barrel from their bedroom. Am I a naive, or does that make anyone else go, "WHY WOULD YOU HELP SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T TRUST DO SOMETHING THAT UNUSUAL!!!". It just SEEMS evil, didn't BS meter go off and tell him this was wrong and he shouldn't help? I realize it was before Stacy was officially missing, but still. Call me crazy and midwestern, but we don't keep blue barrels in our bedrooms here in Ohio. :)
Tom Morphy is Drew's step or half brother (can't remember which offhand). He was afraid of Drew, IIRC. Drew chose him to help because he had a history of drinking and mental issues from ten years prior and Drew played on his weaknesses, imo. Drew is a very cunning individual.

We should have a thread on Tom M. here if you want to read up on him. ;)

I found a few Tom M. threads, but here is one that discusses his initial response ending him up in the hospital.:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56776&highlight=Tom+Morphy&page=12

I can't help but recall the story from Cassandra about Stacy never having cash on her because DP insisted she use her debit card so he could keep track of every dime she spent. She went into a detailed version of not being able to put change into a Salvation Army bucket while Christmas Shopping so Stacy bought a cup of coffee with her card and gave it to the man instead.

That thought crossed my mind as well. Cassandra did say that Stacy never had any cash.

It could be that, or it could be Brodsky just being the big boob he is and telling everyone Drew isn't concerned. It's interesting that Brodsky was at the jail last night. Maybe to put a muzzle on his client just in case Drew started talking inappropriately again :)

Of course, they both talk inappropriately anyway so how Brodsky thinks telling everyone his client is "unconcerned" is beyond me.
What do we expect him to say? He can't say, "My client is very upset at the possibility it is Stacy because he last saw her in the river in a blue barrel where he placed her." LOL

Kelly Hollis said she and her husband, Steve, were hiking near Moose Island, a little further down the river, when they saw a blue barrel.

"It was either late fall (2007) or early spring (2008) and at the turnoff, we looked across the river and saw a plastic blue barrel all by itself," she said.

The Hollises immediately thought of Stacy Peterson but thought the barrel at the shore was "too obvious" to indicate anything sinister.

"But it stayed in my head and a few days later I called the sheriff's police who put me in touch with the state police hotline," Hollis said. "I left a message with the story and the police said wait a few days and call back if I didn't hear from them, so I did."

Hollis said she was never contacted by state police, but she found it "a little freaky" when she saw a news report saying a blue barrel had been found Wednesday.

"We saw that quite a while ago. Could it have been there all along," she wondered.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/stcharlessun/news/1585765,Body-autopsy-No-ID-JO052109.article

JOLIET, Ill. (AP) — An Illinois coroner says results are inconclusive from an autopsy performed on human remains found along the Des Plaines River.

The body was discovered in Will County, home to two missing women whose disappearances have drawn national media attention.

Coroner Patrick O'Neil said in a news release Thursday that his office is unable to discern the identity, race or sex of the skeletal remains. O'Neil says an expedited DNA analysis will likely take about two weeks.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jpWM_W3kcTvxz22e6hhsxWmTIAuQD98ART2O3

It is going to be a very long two weeks for those families. I feel so sorry for them. :(

Merci beaucoup SS, I think this is a stock answer for a high profile case where everything has to be done exactly by ze book. The reason I think that is we read the pelvic bones were there and that alone to almost anyone with medical training would be able to tell the sex right away by their shape.

I've watched Dr G allot and do think since nothing specific was found on the body that is related to a certain person, it would be inconclusive at that point anyway. That's what she'd say too. I mean this coroner didn't go into any detail at all, markings on bones, condition of bones, etc. I think it was planned to be inconclusive for now. I might be :crazy: but it's IMO LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie