Trayvon Martin's Autopsy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't know at what point he would have fallen...and people keep talking about "adrenaline" so maybe that's what helped him carry out his mission despite his injuries?

All of his injuries looked so minor to me that I don't think he would be groggy or have any ill-effect at all from such superficial scratches. There is the one little cut on his nose, but it's just a minor thing too. IMO

When they do an autopsy on a gunshot victim don't they stick a small rod in the hole to help find the trajectory?

Here is an example on a live patient with an emergency thoracotomy, who died shortly after this was taken.. (*warning- graphic pic) Look at the hemostat in the upper portion, inserted into the entry wound, demonstrating the path of the projectile. The pericardial sac has been cut and retracted to visualize the heart.

http://www.trauma.org/index.php/main/image/1223/C11

Has anyone deciphered the entry on page 9 under the box
Describe deceased?
It says:
on back, multiple something/something/something/

I'll do a search on the thread but just wondering if this has been decoded yet.
TIA

Attachments

• 133-218227c172.jpg
    133-218227c172.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 3
Describe deceased?
It says:

TIA
I took a closer look at the heading on that box and it says "Describe Deceased (ie. clothing,rigor livor mortis, positioning etc)."

Describe deceased?
It says:

TIA
Looking at the page Ranch supplied, and 'blowing it up some', my guess is

multiple/sweatshirts/jeans/sneakers ??? I do think its about the clothes he had on.

I definitely can't read it, but I think the "on back" part is referring to the fact that the body was on it's back, not that there was anything on Trayvon's back. Especially since the diagram doesn't show anything on the back of his body at all. jmo

Looking at the page Ranch supplied, and 'blowing it up some', my guess is

multiple/sweatshirts/jeans/sneakers ??? I do think its about the clothes he had on.

Thanks. That could be it since the heading asks about clothing.

OH I don;t think it was describing something on his back! I think that was the positioning and it does reference clothing but also mentions:
(ie. clothing,rigor livor mortis, positioning etc)." so while it certainly could be describing clothing it could be describing more.
Thanks everyone.

Why aren't these reports typed and then signed...they must have these forms on computers so why are they hand written...this is just ridiculous.

Why aren't these reports typed and then signed...they must have these forms on computers so why are they hand written...this is just ridiculous.

From reading the "Instructions" section at the top of the report, it looks like this might be something that's completed in the field and then sent to the morgue with the body.

I once worked with a man who had such tiny writing that I had to use a magnifying glass at times to read his research. It was exquisitely perfect block lettering, but just so tiny that even with my better-than-20/20 vision, I could barely make it out. Never understood why some won't make any effort whatsoever when they know someone else is going to have to read their chicken-scratch.

From reading the "Instructions" section at the top of the report, it looks like this might be something that's completed in the field and then sent to the morgue with the body.

I once worked with a man who had such tiny writing that I had to use a magnifying glass at times to read his research. It was exquisitely perfect block lettering, but just so tiny that even with my better-than-20/20 vision, I could barely make it out. Never understood why some won't make any effort whatsoever when they know someone else is going to have to read their chicken-scratch.

Kind of like the chicken-scratch the doctor I worked for did,lol...I think they do it on purpose,lol.

I think it says: on back/multiple sweatshirts/pants/sneakers

(I used to work in a hospital pharmacy, so I'm used to doctors chicken scratch handwriting.)

MOO

I think it says: on back/multiple sweatshirts/pants/sneakers

(I used to work in a hospital pharmacy, so I'm used to doctors chicken scratch handwriting.)

MOO
I think that you and i.b.nora are in a tie for winning the prize on deciphering this puzzle. Is the middle word pants or jeans?

I think that you and i.b.nora are in a tie for winning the prize on deciphering this puzzle. Is the middle word pants or jeans?

I'm fairly certain it's pants. Based on the rest of the writing in the doc and the fact that Trayvon was wearing pants and not jeans.

I still think it says
on back,multiple swoasjianos/jarrts/snooers

j/k I think you guys have got it! thanks.

I still think it says
on back,multiple swoasjianos/jarrts/snooers

j/k I think you guys have got it! thanks.

I think I'll ask Santa for some new "snooers" for Christmas. LOL

Just moved the whole discussion regarding witness accounts to the Witness Accounts thread. If you are missing a post, check there. :)

Describe deceased?
It says:

TIA

Inserting my 2 cents: This is very similar to documents that I've seen that travel with the decedent, it is considered by some MEs to be a "scene snapshot" as presented by the departmental investigator aka the representative of the ME's office at the death scene. (see "Instructions" on the top of the document) N.B. IMHO, it should be entitled as Medical Examiner's OFFICE death report as the signatory is/was NOT the ME in this case but that's being picky!
I'm reading it as "on back, multiple sweatshirts,pants,sneakers" and would be "shorthand" for {the decedent: found (by me) on his back, he was wearing multiple sweatshirts ('cause that's what they looked like at the scene),pants (both long & under) & sneakers (still on his feet)}.
As the ME & diener would begin the case, more details regarding
clothing would be added IF necessary.

AGAIN, totally my own opinion as a WS poster/member!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member