Zahra's memorial and where to be buried.

bumping form the news thread

Public invited to sign guest book, see memorial tribute for Zahra Thursday

(snipped)

"Visitors who come to sign the guest book will have two to sign — one that will be given to Zahra’s father, Adam, and one that will be given to Zahra’s mother in Australia, Emily Dietrich. To the left of the guest books is a photo of Zahra, larger than life, impishly grinning at the camera while holding up a snake in her hands.

Visitors will also get to watch a video montage, photos from Zahra’s life that the family has put together, said Loretta Kuhn, with Drum Funeral Home. The slideshow is played to “Stuck on You,” by Elvis Presley and “Flew up to Heaven” by Alan Jackson."

more @ link

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/...ign-guest-book-see-memorial-tribut-ar-583083/

I keep wondering if they just don't get it? No one is that backwards - but we know better...

Is it possible that this is a case of cultural differences? I'm grasping at straws here, obviously -

Thanks for posting this. Right this moment, I'm glad I don't live in or near Hickory - no chance of going to say; "Fare thee well" - no decision to make. I'm so sorry that someone is turning this into a production of some sort, rather than "good-bye" to a beautiful child.

Im going with the idea that Zahra loved Elvis and leaving it at that or ill go crazy. JMO

I would think the funeral home would have had suggestions for music, etc. I wonder what the funeral home director thought of the music choices? Are any locals going? Now I REALLY want to know what photos were chosen for the slideshow.

Here's a description of which photos they are using (and which they are not).

Throughout the slideshow, though, there is not a single baby picture or a photo of Zahra in her toddler years. :waitasec:

Photos in the memorial tribute show Zahra riding on a motorcycle, diving into a pool, dancing, wearing a cowboy hat, playing putt-putt and bending over, peeking through her legs at the camera.

There are images of her with long hair and two legs, and photos of her with her head wrapped in a scarf, pictures of her shortly after she got her left-leg prosthesis.

The slideshow ends on a photo of a close up of Zahra facing the camera, playfully sticking her tongue out at the person taking the photo, waving her hands on either side of her face.

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/dec/01/public-invited-sign-guest-book-see-memorial-tribut-ar-583083/

I've said enough already. :silenced:

Here's a description of which photos they are using (and which they are not).

I've said enough already. :silenced:

me too..

Are any brave locals going to attend the memorial?!

I'm hoping beyond hope that the Elvis song is being used because there are lyrics in the song that, say, maybe grandma used to sing to Zahra as a term of endearment. Like I do with my daughter: I collect songs with her name in them and often sing extracted lyrics from the songs to her, as a sign of endearment. It is not about the song as a whole, but a line or 2 in the song.

At least that is what I hope is the issue with the Elvis song...

type...delete...type...delete...:banghead:

Ok, so after painting and pondering this awhile...WTH is wrong with these people? This is past stoopid, naive and backwards. KB's favorite, that's nice. Really nice, but this is not about KB or ADAM. It's about ZAHRA. Do they even care about her or are they just doing this to look good themselves? Never mind I know the answer. There is a special place in hell and a few more seats just got reserved.

How about this one for the Bakers......

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBmAPYkPeYU[/ame]

I was thinking Hurdy Gurdy Man............

ETA little known final verse........

When the truth gets buried deep
Beneath the thousand years of sleep
Time demands a turn-around
And once again the truth is found
Awakening the Hurdy Gurdy Man
Who comes singing songs of love.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurdy_Gurdy_Man[/ame]

Here's a verse I think of daily with respect to Adam Baker (courtesy of The Avett Bros.):

Lay back, lay back, go to sleep my man
Wipe the blood from your face and your hands
Forgive yourself if you think that you can
Go to sleep, go to sleep my man

Can this get anymore brutal for Zahra? I really can't believe AB or KB cared about her. Of course AB was 18 or 19 ? Mommy's little wild boy! It's just too bad nobody really treated her as anything but Emily's mistake. I think I going to be crying inside @ this horror ,God's creation has had to endure.R I P precious child.:angel:

I think "they" are determined to get us all on time out! Fight the temptation-gosh we need a RANT thread in the PL for therapuetic reasons!!:twocents:

Adjective
absurd
Contrary to reason or propriety; obviously and flatly opposed to manifest truth; inconsistent with the plain dictates of common sense; logically contradictory; nonsensical; ridiculous.

I rest my case.

"This time we're not going to stay away because people think we should," Karen Baker said, speaking exclusively to the Townsville Bulletin from her hideaway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post

The words alone speak volumes, it isn't about them or their new found pseudo courage, nor the people of the community, they don't need the B's to open any doors for them.

A memorial people will attend to honor and celebrate Zahra who's indomitable spirit shines through all the thoughtlessness and cruelty she endured, they will be there in spite of the people most responsible for her loss being in attendance. They will honor her with dignity and respect and I believe for her they won't let rancor or anger become part of her memorial.

After this though I think they need to slink away to their hidey hole.....and stay there.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back