Resolved TX - Euless, BlkFem, UP1817, 39-45, stabbed to death at airport, Apr'02 - Name withheld

If she didn't have any ID on her she probably didn't fly into that airport. Especially since it was post-9/11.

Hmm, I wonder why she was at the airport at all? I had assumed her body was found in a car parked in long-term parking, but nope: "Stab wound after altercation at airport. Transported to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas."

Was she seeing someone off, having driven a friend or family member to the airport? Was she waiting for someone to arrive? Or was she homeless, living there (since airports are essentially open 24/7)?

So the bus stop where the altercation was, was the bus stop next to "Remote South Parking" for the airport, or at least it is now. It does look as though she was homeless at the time: http://www.dps.texas.gov/mpch/UnidentifiedDetails.asp?id=U0204001 (warning the post-mortem photo is here too). Looks like it did make local news (https://digital.library.unt.edu/ark:/67531/metapth439684/m1/159/, down as DFW Murder I think), but can't find any articles online right now.

OH, it was at a BUS STOP NEAR the airport - okay, I didn't read enough! That makes it way harder, she could be anyone, going anywhere. Ugh.

Thumbnail

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Stab wound after altercation at airport. Transported to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Demographics
Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Possible First Name --
Possible Middle Name--
Possible Last Name--
Possible Nickname--
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 50
Estimated Age Range (Years)--
Estimated Year of Death--
Estimated PMI--
Height: 5' 2"(62 inches) , Measured
Weight: 106 lbs, Measured
Circumstances
Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Found: April 14, 2002
NamUs Case Created: April 5, 2019
ME/C QA Reviewed--
Location Found Map
Street Address: 2400 South Airfield Drive Euless, Texas
County: Dallas County
GPS Coordinates--
Circumstances of Recovery: Stab wound after altercation at airport. Transported to Baylor University Medical Center in Dallas.

Details of Recovery
Inventory of Remains: All parts recovered
Condition of Remains: Recognizable face
Physical Description
Hair Color: Gray or Partially Gray
Head Hair Description: Long black, graying curly scalp hair.
Body Hair Description: None present
Facial Hair Description: None present
Left Eye Color: Brown
Right Eye Color: Brown
Eye Description --

Distinctive Physical Features
Description
Scar/mark: 3x1 inch ovoid area of hyper-pigmentation on the back of the right upper arm.

Clothing and Accessories
Clothing: None present on the body.
Clothing: Light colored slacks, two white socks. one blue sock, sweatpants, t-shirt, and two sweatshirts.
Near the Body
Eyewear: None present.
Footwear: Two brown casual shoes, size unknown.
Jewelry: Yellow metal ring with large clear stone and smaller clear stones.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back