Votes: 11 45.8%
  • smiley face

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

icedtea4me

Former Member
Reaction score
What do you see on JonBenet's palm, a heart or a smiley face?

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• heart.jpg
    heart.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 830
  • heart-shape-painted-with-brush-vector-3651017.jpg
    heart-shape-painted-with-brush-vector-3651017.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 825
  • the_original_smiley_face_classic_round_sticker-r8c41697f171a4d97975ffd6ce27b8c3e_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg
    the_original_smiley_face_classic_round_sticker-r8c41697f171a4d97975ffd6ce27b8c3e_v9waf_8byvr_324.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 854
Bumpity Bump

Isn't there another photo of this? This looks like a red pacman.

What's always bothered me about that photo is that it's her left hand and it looks like her body alongside her arm is on her left.

For those who see neither - what do you see?

If I have to pick one, I'd say it's a heart before a smiley face. I really don't see how that's a smiley, unless it's missing one eye (with the other eye being the up-and-down line). Then again, the heart isn't fully "in tact" either, because there really is no "top" of the heart (i.e.the two humps connecting in the middle is missing).

But either way, and I'm certainly no expert, but it seems like whatever was drawn, was drawn a while back (day or days). I don't feel like it was drawn anytime immediately before she was murdered.

I see it as a crooked/crude smiley face. With the left eye overlapping the smile curve. I see it as something drawn by a kid, most likely JBR herself since it's facing the right way for her to see it correctly.

The bottom of the curve doesn't have a distinctive point, and for me, it's lacking the two humps which should be on the top. That said, if I squint my eyes I can kind of see a misshapened heart, with the center off to the right and possibly most of the ink on the top having faded or been rubbed off.

I agree that it seems more likely to be an old drawing, not something which was done just prior to or after her death.
I don't really see it as being hugely relevant to the murder, although some would like it to indicate the creepy sinister intentions of someone outside of the immediate family. Probably because Patsy and John distanced themselves from it. As per their usual MO.

It just looks like a "G" to me:dunno:

ETA: I need to see some other pictures. To me it doesn't even look like a pen mark, but some other sort of other mark (pressed into her hand?) IDK.

I see it as a crooked/crude smiley face. With the left eye overlapping the smile curve. I see it as something drawn by a kid, most likely JBR herself since it's facing the right way for her to see it correctly.

The bottom of the curve doesn't have a distinctive point, and for me, it's lacking the two humps which should be on the top. That said, if I squint my eyes I can kind of see a misshapened heart, with the center off to the right and possibly most of the ink on the top having faded or been rubbed off.

I agree that it seems more likely to be an old drawing, not something which was done just prior to or after her death.
I don't really see it as being hugely relevant to the murder, although some would like it to indicate the creepy sinister intentions of someone outside of the immediate family. Probably because Patsy and John distanced themselves from it. As per their usual MO.

I agree with all of that.

The drawing was probably made at the White's party. Patsy had probably already seen it, but as you say, it wasn't relevant.

PR saw it as another way of making investigators believe an intruder had drawn it on JBR. If he did draw it then he was one strange kidnapper - the more we find out about him the weirder he sounds.

What's always bothered me about that photo is that it's her left hand and it looks like her body alongside her arm is on her left.

Ah, the penny's dropped. She's lying face down.

Yeah I think she's facedown as well.

Wonder if they tested that black hair. I would hope so.

Oh. From my perspective I thought her hand is bent at the elbow with her palm lying face up by her shoulder, so it's shoulder not leg next to her hand.

Smiley face.
Eta: lying on her back

Upon reading Listen Carefully, I learned that Patsy would often draw hearts on JonBenet's palm before she went to bed as a way of saying her heart would be with her while she slept. Perhaps someone here knows the source they used for this -- it might have been info from Judith Philips, Patsy's former friend.

I see a smiley face with X's for eyes attached to the smile. Moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back