TX - 3 year old girl found alone

froggierintexas

Don't squat with your spurs on!
Reaction score
http://www.kristv.com/global/story.asp?s=7185061

CORPUS CHRISTI - Police found a 3-year-old little girl, alone and locked in a bathroom at the Sawgrass Apartments in the 6300 block of Meadowvista around 8:30 p.m. Sunday. Her parents were nowhere to be found.
Police responded after neighbors said they could hear her screaming for hours. When police arrived, the front door was locked, so they had to break a window to get inside. They found the little girl locked up inside the master bathroom.
Police said the little girl was likely locked up for hours before they arrived. She had no food, and that's not all they found.
"...different types of injuries that were in different stages of healing, bruises and so-forth," Lt. Isaac Valencia of CCPD said, adding that there was a strong indication of previous abuse.
The toddler was taken to Driscoll Children's Hospital, where she remained in good condition Monday afternoon.
When she's released, Child Protective Services officials said she'll be placed in temporary foster care. Police said they have made contact with the child's father, but only over the phone.
He said he had no idea about the child being left alone. Investigators said they aren't sure about the dad's story, and they're hoping to locate the child's mother, who hasn't been seen for a day or two.
"This is extremely strange, very suspicious," Valencia said. "We want to speak with the mother and make sure she's okay."
As of Monday afternoon, police said they can't be certain that the mother is okay.
Residents who live at the apartment complex said they've seen the man and woman who live in the apartment, but never knew they had a child.
"It's strange, because, I know the people who live here, but I've never seen a little girl," Tami Garcia, one resident, said.
The couple was new to the complex, and neighbors said they only lived there a few weeks. Their car is still parked outside.
"The ones who drive that car are a guy and a girl," Melinda Trejo, apartment resident, said, noting that she had never seen them with a baby. "Never, it's always them; they leave and come back. It's them."

Unbelievable.....she's sustained injuries and then was abandoned.
Let's hope and pray she isn't given back to her mother if that's who the little one lived with.

This poor baby. I wonder where the 'mother' (using that term lightly) ran off to and what her story will be.

Well, hopefully the father didn't kill the mother!

I'd just love to take this little girl in and show her what parents are for. :( I'm glad she has been found and hope she never has to be with them again.

I'm with you Taximom.
Can you imagine the fear the little girl felt being all alone and left locked in the bathroom? And she's probably scared to death in the hospital with no one around that she knows....then she has to go to strangers in foster care. At least they'll provide her a safe haven.

I certainly hope the Mom ( term used lightly) doesn't get the little girl back. Sounds like the Mom is probably into drugs.

Welcome to WS MeinTn.

OMG reading this made me sick to my stomach, my grand daughter is 3 years old and I could just picture how scared she would be locked up and alone like that. I am very curious to know WHERE the mother is and just WTH is going on!!! :mad:

Poor little kid. I wonder if someone kidnapped the mother and locked the baby inside the bathroom. If so, we should be grateful nobody killed her. But if it turns out pseudo-mom just left her, I hope they prosecute her to the fullest.

All I know is on the local news at ten they interviewed neighbors from the complex and none had ever seen the couple with the child. They only saw a man and woman going to and from their car without any children. None of the neighbors knew there was a child until the night she was discovered, Sunday night.

If the couple is the mother and father of the child, I think the DAD is just as guilty. Who leaves a child and goes anywhere when the child is 3? You get a sitter or go child in tow. And that is not even getting into the abuse, cause I can't go there right now. Too mad.

I'd like to know when was the last time the mother was seen by neighbors. LE needs to do some DNA testing to confirm if she is really theirs.

Thank God for those neighbors who refuse to ignore her screams!

Froggie-- Any chance you could come up with some names? LE may not be naming them, but I'll bet someone who works at the apartment complex or one of the neighbors might be willing to tell what they know. Any description of the child might be interesting too, in case she is not theirs and may be listed as missing.

Susan

There are a couple of things that are raising my suspicions here. They talked to the dad, but only by phone. I would think they would go out to the apartment to speak with him it makes me feel like dad might not live with mom and the other man may be a boyfriend. Also concerning is that her car is still parked there but there is no sign of her? If she left this poor baby alone I hope she rots but there could be more to this and she could also be a victim of abuse perhaps of the man she is living with? It is hard to tell without additional information. I am so thankful that they found the baby I pray that she is safe and that she gets the help and love that she needs to get through this

I couldn't get the link to copy, but this bit of additional info is what I found in the Corpus Christi newspaper:

Authorities took the girl, who had suffered bruises and small cuts, to Driscoll Children's Hospital, Bridge said. The apartment the girl was found in belonged to a man who wasn't the 3-year-old's father, he said, and authorities still are investigating the identity of the her parents.

Susan

There are a couple of things that are raising my suspicions here. They talked to the dad, but only by phone. I would think they would go out to the apartment to speak with him it makes me feel like dad might not live with mom and the other man may be a boyfriend. Also concerning is that her car is still parked there but there is no sign of her? If she left this poor baby alone I hope she rots but there could be more to this and she could also be a victim of abuse perhaps of the man she is living with? It is hard to tell without additional information. I am so thankful that they found the baby I pray that she is safe and that she gets the help and love that she needs to get through this

Hmmm...I guess someone would have noticed by now if the trunk of that car was smellin' funky.

Susan

Thank you for the additional information, I was thinking that was not the real dad. There is something really wrong with this, was the man not able to tell LE where the mother is? Something may have happened to her, I hope that LE treats this very seriously until it can be confirmed that mom is ok, if in fact she is the real mom

I was not thinking that her body was in the car I just find it strange that her car is present when she is not :)

I think there is a lot more to this story. I think the man who was living in the apartment needs to be located asap. He will most likely be able to tell them where the mother is-if she's still alive. But I'm betting there was a history of abuse in that relationship and things went very wrong at some point.

here is another news channel video-this one says the parents/adults/ people who lived their (I'm not sure what they are right now,lol) called a maintenance worker to find out what was going on in their apartment, but they didnt show up to check for themselves?!
http://www.kztv10.com/KZTV/Home

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back