PA - Man Accused of Leaving Grandmother on Toilet for 17 hours

17 hours??? I bug my daughter if she's in the bathroom for more than 20 minutes.:scared::scared:

:tantrum:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016...f-leaving-grandmother-on-toilet-for-17-hours/
Joshua Ellison, 30, live-in, designated caregiver, checked on his grandmother at 10pm and she wasn't ready for his help to get off the toilet yet. He returned home the next afternoon to find an employee form his work (where he didn't show-up) had shown up!

:tantrum:

I've just recently become full-time caregiver for my 94-year-old mother with Alzheimer's. I've been busy modifying my home to accommodate her needs, and reading everything I can find about caring for an elderly person with her specific set of problems. I'm worried for the entire hour that it takes me to drive into town to grocery shop, even though she has a LifeAlert pendant around her neck at all times. I can't even imagine going off and leaving a vulnerable, dependent senior alone for that long, much less leaving them sitting on the toilet.

The article makes it sound like he was getting paid for being her caregiver. I don't have any problem with someone being paid to care for their own family member, but it makes his neglect even worse. It was his friggin' job, FFS!

Bless you. If you need any comfort, an ear, support, etc. let me know. I did the same thing...my mother passed last August and she had dementia, among other health challenges.

He lived in her house, too!

Bless you. If you need any comfort, an ear, support, etc. let me know. I did the same thing...my mother passed last August and she had dementia, among other health challenges.

He lived in her house, too!

Thank you, and bless you for doing that for your mother.

This case is bothering me so much, probably because of my own situation. I just can't fathom the thought process and the lack of caring that would allow someone to do that.

Thank you, and bless you for doing that for your mother.

This case is bothering me so much, probably because of my own situation. I just can't fathom the thought process and the lack of caring that would allow someone to do that.

Yes, can't think of any place that would be uncomfortable. What about her food, bath, and medicine? Afraid to read how often her g'son did this in the past.

I choose to think positive. Her family will kick him out of the home and some person that cares and is capable will move-in.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie
Back