Jennifer Buchanan

Rather than attack mom Jen and avoiding focusing on who really encased Nevaeh in cement - let's look at why pedophiles are multiplying like sick rabbits!

What about all the moms who turn their head when seeing a child with over sexualized behavior - and chalked if off to 'child's play'?

What about all the moms who turned their heads when they knew a family member sexually abused them or someone else in the family, but figured it would all go away when she grew up and had her own child.

What about all the moms who take their kids to Pediatricians, parks, happy eating places, circuses, libraries, church, and schools where pedophiles are known to hang out?

What about all the people who have homes in the neighborhoods where pedohiles live. Oh, I guess they forgot to check it out first!

If anyone thinks a pedohile can be identified - has a sign around his/her neck - you are sadly mistaken. They are cunning, clever people from all walks of life who fantasize about children and to think it will never be your child is plain naive.

I don't think anyone here on WS is sadly mistaken. I think that we all are well read about crimes. We are all well read about the crimes that pedophiles commit.

We aren't talking about Mommies that try their best to protect their children and yet a pedophile slipped in their world undetected.

We are talking about JB. Who by her own admission knew that the man she invited into her daughter's life as a "father figure" was a Registered Sex Offender.

JB even had figured out that Smith was one too. How? Well she was smart enough to put two and two together because they hung out together and had "attended the same classes".

She willingly invited an RSO to have a relationship with her daughter.

That freaks me out. I have no other way to describe it.

It was obvious JB was lying when she made the statement about Neveah lying about being hungry....as she was stumbling for words as she was talking.....but on another note....why would a child lie about being hungry anyway....it makes no sense at all, unless she was afraid to ask for food. What on earth would cause a child to lie about being hungry. Sorry, this just makes me crazy trying to make any sense of it.

I agree -- if your child is on a proper schedule, then the discussion of being hungry/not hungry is not usually the topic of discussion. The only time the topic ever comes up in this house is when my son is sick, then it's "do you feel like some toast, etc. As far as we know, Nevaeh was not sick.

However, when my son is sick, popsicles are popular. Does anyone know if Navaeh had a cold or something?

Just thinking out loud.

Mel

Rather than attack mom Jen and avoiding focusing on who really encased Nevaeh in cement - let's look at why pedophiles are multiplying like sick rabbits!

What about all the moms who turn their head when seeing a child with over sexualized behavior - and chalked if off to 'child's play'?

What about all the moms who turned their heads when they knew a family member sexually abused them or someone else in the family, but figured it would all go away when she grew up and had her own child.

What about all the moms who take their kids to Pediatricians, parks, happy eating places, circuses, libraries, church, and schools where pedophiles are known to hang out?

What about all the people who have homes in the neighborhoods where pedohiles live. Oh, I guess they forgot to check it out first!

If anyone thinks a pedohile can be identified - has a sign around his/her neck - you are sadly mistaken. They are cunning, clever people from all walks of life who fantasize about children and to think it will never be your child is plain naive.

One word - supervision. I don't think there's a sleuther here that would let their 5 year old outside, barefoot, unattended. Let alone go to the Pediatricians, parks, happy eating places, circuses, libraries, or church by themselves. We trust they will be protected in school, but not always so.

There's not a single city that doesn't have SO's. We even have one down the street from the school - ICK. It's up to each one of us to garner this knowledge and keep it close.

Anyone who claims to be a child advocate (like myself) should not be considered naive. We keep our children close to them, educate our children to the dangers, and pray they make the right choices as they get older.

However, we're talking about a 5 year old here. Not a teenager. I do have to hold the mother accountable for the decisions she has made. She admitted knowing the RSO's and said she thought they deserved a second chance, with no regard to the safety of her daughter. Now that's what I call naive.

Best,

Melanie

I think we do focus on the pedophiles that seem to be multiplying and we do focus on who did this to Nevaeh.

We also focus on mothers who endanger their children with their naivity or stupidity or laziness.

All of these issues are important.

http://www.wxyz.com/mediacenter/local.aspx?videoid=20980@wxyz.dayport.com

check out 2:30 into the video... Holly H. says "she is not pregnant"

Thank you for this follow-up video. Not to be a snob, but do we know JB's education level? She mentioned "I seen my daughter twice". Most adults do not speak that way. It's "I saw my daughter twice". Her words are mumbled, jumbled, and sometimes make no sense.

Could be nerves, who knows. Saw a bit of the same with the Haleigh Cummings case too.

No flames please - I'm not college educated, but I can form a sentence.

Best,

Mel

Thank you for this follow-up video. Not to be a snob, but do we know JB's education level? She mentioned "I seen my daughter twice". Most adults do not speak that way. It's "I saw my daughter twice". Her words are mumbled, jumbled, and sometimes make no sense.

Could be nerves, who knows. Saw a bit of the same with the Haleigh Cummings case too.

No flames please - I'm not college educated, but I can form a sentence.

Best,

Mel

I agree - Misty and mom Jen seem somewhat alike in their lack of ability to form coherent sentences, thoughts, and planning. Remember when Misty couldn't describe the difference between inches and feet when explaining the distance between the beds?

My first profession is that of a Pharmacist and in my training, while at clinics, I discovered that when giving a medication to a person without much education I had to be specific. For instance, if a patient had an earache, I had to be very specific about placing the pill on the tongue and washing it down with a full glass of water. OR else, that patient would be coming back with pills in hand telling me the antibiotic pill wouldn't fit in the ear. That's right, they associate an earache with medicine in the ear. That happened too many times to be a fluke! Since then, I always try to consider the IQ level and education of the person. Uneducated people make decisions and associations that may not make sense to us, but to them, it makes perfect sense. That's the best they can do. mho

Unreal......IMO A mother who knows and continues to bring SO around her child is no comparison to the above, not even close.

Snipped and bolded by me. This RSO didn't need to be clever and cunning, he didn't need to wear a sign. Jennifer KNEW he was a RSO and welcomed him into her daughters life. It wasn't like he pretended to be an upstanding citizen, he didn't lie to her, she knew what he did. The ONLY innocent victim here is Neveah.

I wanted to add that the point is not to attack JB because of what has happened to Nevaeh.

We don't know if the two Registered Sex Offenders that she invited into Neveah's life are responsible for murdering her.

But, if she invited two Registered Sex Offenders that we know about, who else did she invite that we don't know about? What kind of people did she befriend that had open access to Nevaeh?

I think it's very important to look at JB, her associates and her lifestyle. I will be very surprised if there proves to be no connection whatsoever between this Mother and the person or persons who commited this crime against Nevaeh. JMHO.

Snipped for space

I think it's very important to look at JB, her associates and her lifestyle. I will be very surprised if there proves to be no connection whatsoever between this Mother and the person or persons who commited this crime against Nevaeh. JMHO.

Hi Kat, I have been thinking the same thing, that whoever took Nevaah was someone Jen knw. In fact it could even be someone she had seen or met when she was with either Kennedy or Smith.

I read on a Nevaeh thread that Fl has the 2nd highest RSO number per capita in the United States. I looked that up on Google and Fl was 7 or 8 on the list from what I could find.

Did you read that here? They didn't give a link. My niece is about to go to college in Fl which is why I am concerned. I told that to her mom who about fainted! xox

I wanted to add that the point is not to attack JB because of what has happened to Nevaeh.

We don't know if the two Registered Sex Offenders that she invited into Neveah's life are responsible for murdering her.

But, if she invited two Registered Sex Offenders that we know about, who else did she invite that we don't know about? What kind of people did she befriend that had open access to Nevaeh?

I agree - over 90% of children know who their attacker is (neighbor, teacher, church, friend of family) and over 50% are family members...plus - pedophiles stalk out single moms so it goes without saying her circle of friends and family should be looked at. But to attack, humiliate, and ridicule this woman is beyond me. It's a waste of energy and I think it's far more productive to focus on the crime and what it represents so the perp can be caught. my opinion only

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/facts.htm

Eyes4crime I haven't see anyone here attack, humiliate or ridicule JB.

But then again, there are times I miss posts.

We are encouraged to report posts that we find offensive and/or are inappropriate to the Moderators.

For those that might not know how to do this:
There is a triangle outlined in red with an exclamation mark on each post. Click on that triangle and a new window pops up for a short message about the post can be sent to a mod for review.

Our mods work very hard but they can't be on every thread to read every post.

Snipped and bolded by me. This RSO didn't need to be clever and cunning, he didn't need to wear a sign. Jennifer KNEW he was a RSO and welcomed him into her daughters life. It wasn't like he pretended to be an upstanding citizen, he didn't lie to her, she knew what he did. The ONLY innocent victim here is Neveah.

I think I'm beginning to see my problem in all this! You say she had intent - intentionally welcomed a sex offender into her daughter's life and knew it could end in harm or death for Nevaeh.

I think differently!. I think mom Jen is lacking in intelligence and is unable to connect the dots. She didn't knowingly do anything with anticipation her child would end up dead or harmed. Somehow, she got the information that sex offenders don't necessarily reoffend - My guess is that info or planted seed came from George. She also said - I gave him the benefit of the doubt - my guess is that suggestion also came from George. Mom Gen is easily manipulated and would be the target of any pedophile who came in contact with her. She has poor judgement, lacks intelligence, lonely, lacks street smarts, and was caught in her attempt at home invasion. She can be talked into anything! I continue to maintain she did NOT have the intent of harming her daughter!! so why continue to attack her? jmo

I agree, there was no point in Nancy attacking Jennifer, it won't bring Nevaeh back. Jennifer was told she'd be able to explain her actions but obviously Nancy's plan the entire time was to berate and humiliate her. The ridiculous and totally irrelevant debate about what time the sun sets in Michigan is proof of that. Perhaps if Nancy hadn't been so eager to make herself look big and bad, she could have gotten useful information out of Jennifer. There's no doubt that Jennifer was neglectful and made huge mistakes as a mother, but for Nancy to ask the mother of a recently deceased child if she ever thought to check to see if her child was dead is way over the top.

I think I'm beginning to see my problem in all this! You say she had intent - intentionally welcomed a sex offender into her daughter's life and knew it could end in harm or death for Nevaeh.

I think differently!. I think mom Jen is lacking in intelligence and is unable to connect the dots. She didn't knowingly do anything with anticipation her child would end up dead or harmed. Somehow, she got the information that sex offenders don't necessarily reoffend - My guess is that info or planted seed came from George. She also said - I gave him the benefit of the doubt - my guess is that suggestion also came from George. Mom Gen is easily manipulated and would be the target of any pedophile who came in contact with her. She has poor judgement, lacks intelligence, lonely, lacks street smarts, and was caught in her attempt at home invasion. She can be talked into anything! I continue to maintain she did NOT have the intent of harming her daughter!! so why continue to attack her? jmo

Eyes, actually we don't think all that differently. I agree that she is lacking in intelligence and probably self esteem. I really don't think she introduced the RSO's into Nevaehs life thinking it would lead to her death. I am not attacking or putting her down but of course I think she made horrible decisions about her daughters well beign. We don't know yet if either of these two RSO's were involved. If they weren't involved I still stand by my belief that they should have not been anywhere around this little girl. But honestly, I have a hard time believing the Jennifer was so naive. We're not talking about someone who had lived a sheltered life, she has served time.... she knows there are bad ppl out there, she was locked up with them. Wanting someone to be accountable for their actions or lack of isn't attacking or bashing. JMO.

So why are not the child endangerment laws being applied to Jennifer Buchanan for what she did-?
Can there be a Nevaeh law put into place - i.e. any parent who has RSO around their child is breaking the law - bottom line.

Lack of knowledge or intelligence as a parent is not an excuse.

How many times has a poor child been rapped and/or murdered by someone they knew and their family knew - as a RSO?

-Its against the law for me not to strap my 3 year old into his car seat.
-Its against the law for me to place my son into dangerous situations.
-I am his mother - I protect everything around him - what he eats, where he goes, who is in his life, etc etc.

As part of a RSOs probation is that they are not allowed to be around children - why not to add to that probation rule that a parent can be held responsible as well if a RSO is around their child!?

Any lawyers out there on how this could be put into place?

I am not an extremist when it comes to laws - BUT we are talking about RSOs. There can never be enough laws or strong enough laws for them.

I think the murder of Nevaeh and her mothers direct involvement in it (yes 'direct involvement'-she knowingly brought TWO RSOs into the home of her daughter!) is screaming to have a Nevaeh law put into place. Any parent who has their child around a RSO can be prosecuted for child endangerment.

Ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses no one")

DeeMarie - Better hope that all the free sex offender sites on the computer are up-to-date! And, what about those moms without a computer, computer skills, or have other ideas about sex offenders?

Even the researchers can't agree. Some say not all sex offenders reoffend and some say they never stop. Some say all SO have endured childhood abuse, some say not. Some say there's a cure, some say No, there will never be a cure.

I happen to believe that they all reoffend, there is NO cure, and they all have been abused in childhood, but what about those who feel differently?

The operative word here is "knowingly." Those parents who knowingly expose their child to child predators. In this case, by a mother's own admission to convicted, registered sex offenders. No excuse.
:parrot:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆