PayPal Donations for Documents

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can donate on Friday! I'll check back then. Thanks Beach and NIN, I am so, so looking forward to this next dump!

Why do they charge if everything is digital now. I see they must still do the ole paper/ink 20cent per page thing. Lol.

I can smooth talk my way with a court employee to get us a copy. But first I need to get to Florida. Lol. It's always something.

Btw. This is my first time seeing this thread. I will donate on Friday. Thanks.

is there any other option to pay. I would rather send a check because I have had my paypal account compromised in the past. so happy to contribute . let me know even if in a private message if this is possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

is there any other option to pay. I would rather send a check because I have had my paypal account compromised in the past. so happy to contribute . let me know even if in a private message if this is possible.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Me too.

The good news is the SAO is working on the next set of docs to be released. :happydance:
No firm date yet but if the time estimate is anything like last time, it will probably be this week.

And the not so good news is - I WAS hopeful we had plenty of cushion in the account to fully cover the estimated costs. The current balance in the Websleuths Projects account is $448. This must be one heck of a large doc dump because the estimate we received today is $1,000. So, we have a little less than half of what is projected we will need. I have been told that they (SAO) usually overestimate so, in the end, hopefully it won't cost us quite that much.

Per Tricia's direction we are now accepting contributions again.

Go to www.paypal.com and put in the email address websleuthsprojects@gmail.com

Note: you must have a PayPal account and, when posting your donation, the entire email address above must be entered. (just typing in "Websleuths" will not work)

This is not a non-profit donation. There are no tax benefits for donating.

We'd like to stress, if you cannot afford to donate then please do not donate. It's fine. Times are tough and we don't
want anyone putting themselves in a bad situation because they donated money they couldn't afford.

Thanks to everyone. You guys are the best! :loveyou:

Done. Can't wait to see more of what LE has found out.

I literally hate PayPal. After a huge hacking issue with them and several hours of my life lost getting MY money back I try to avoid using PP at all cost (no pun intended) but for you and this, I will buy a pre paid visa and donate! I can't WAIT to see the documents and the cherry on top is I will have the time to read them at home since it's holiday season!!!!!! Yaaaassss!

Thanks for working so hard on this everyone! :happydance::happydance:

I can't wait!!!! This may be my first case but I've gotten into it BIG and want me some new docs!

Where can you buy a pre paid card and where to send it? THanks

You can buy a prepaid card at most stores. When you log onto the PayPal site you can select credit card as a form of payment and enter in the prepaid card number. That way there is no risk in giving your personal bank or credit card information out (the site itself is a high profile target for hackers b/c of the amount of money that is transferred) since the prepaid card has a visa or mastercard logo on it. The instructions to pay for the doc dump is at the top of this thread. Hope that helps :)

You can buy a prepaid card at most stores. When you log onto the PayPal site you can select credit card as a form of payment and enter in the prepaid card number. That way there is no risk in giving your personal bank or credit card information out (the site itself is a high profile target for hackers b/c of the amount of money that is transferred) since the prepaid card has a visa or mastercard logo on it. The instructions to pay for the doc dump is at the top of this thread. Hope that helps :)

Thank you for this info.

Beach- how are the funds looking at this point? Shall I stop and get a pre-paid card after work tomorrow? I'm happy to help if we are still needing cash. I don't want the documents to be held up by money. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Walgreens and CVS has them. They are usually my first choice due to shorter lines. Walmart and Taget has them as well.

Beach- how are the funds looking at this point? Shall I stop and get a pre-paid card after work tomorrow? I'm happy to help if we are still needing cash. I don't want the documents to be held up by money. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last update I got from Tricia was at 4:00p central time and we had a total of $730 in the account. I am praying and hoping that our contact at the SAO office was overestimating and/or can do what she was able to do for us last time by omitting some of the raw data pages we won't need until later (if ever!). We will know more when she contacts us again. Either way, $730 will buy us a large chunk of docs so we will buy whatever we have funds to purchase.

That said, you guys have been SO GENEROUS....so unbelievably generous! :heartbeat: Especially considering it is 8 days before Christmas when literally everyone's checking accounts are bruised. lol Can't THANK YOU ALL enough!

I will update more in the morning after I have spoken to Tricia.

Update:

We heard from our SAO contact. She is "still working on the case" and will notify us when the docs are ready to be released and send us a final invoice. I still expect them to be ready very soon. Please be patient because if she is having to redact, she is having to review most of those pages. They also have to be organized and Bates stamped. All this in addition to whatever other duties she has going on that may also be time sensitive. As a paralegal, I've done this same thing for almost 20 years now and depending on what they are asking her to do, it can be very time consuming. Discovery - it's the nature of the beast, especially true with this amount of discovery. I feel for her because she is also under a lot of pressure by media and others to get them out.

Also, promised to update on the Websleuths Project account: as of this morning our balance is $781! You guys are the BEST!!! :loveyou:

Thank you for the update, beach. I will certainly be patient then. GB the person having to do all of that!

Donation sent :)

For those looking to purchase a prepaid Visa/MC, they are a "little bit" cheaper through the bank. Target was 1-2 dollars more than the bank to activate and the higher the amount, the higher the activation fee. Went to the bank instead and purchased several as Christmas gifts, in various amounts, and they were all $3 something per card. Just an FYI :)

Yippee, I did it right and the donation went through!

:waiting: :waiting: :waiting:

:sigh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads