TX - 'Lori Ruff', Longview, WhtFem UP9863, *General Discussion and Theories* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kimberly was 5'4 to 5'5 at 16 years old, FLEK was 5'10. Most stop growing by 15 and Kimberlys missing site doesn't mention any "growth type syndromes", I think she may have been looked at before?
I thought so too but did a quick search of the possible matches thread and couldn't see her. I think the Iowa one was discussed because I remember hearing the story about how she was working as a sex worker in Hollywood a couple of years after her disappearance.

As requested on page #1 of this thread, I am bringing my post over from the end of the last thread.

Due to Lori's height and big bone build, after looking at many pictures , I think this size can rule her out from the majority of people. Where you might add or subtract 1 to 2 inches on a regular size person, Lori is too big to do that.

I read the entire LeBarons thread yesterday, compared pictures, followed some rabbit holes. The most likely picture match I have found is the one of Lori in the younger drivers license picture with her hair in a pony tail compared to Jacqueline LeBarons mugshot. I believe Lori had a nose job, her eyes lifted to make them appear wider and where the tip bends to the left, that was a mistake.
Click image for larger version.

ATTACH=CONFIG]99231[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 60
I really do not think if there was a cover up that her mother knew. If you Google search Kim's full name you see as late as 2005 Joyce was posting on message boards about her daughter.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Oh wait, ok so Doss is Kimberly's maternal grandfather's middle name? Not her dad's last name? That is interesting. Why would she be using that as a last name, why not her dad's last name (which seems to be McGee) or at least her mother's maiden name? Am I reading that right?

I'm pretty sure, you got it right that Doss comes from her grandfather's family.
Her stepfather's name was McGee. This website says she might have used her stepfather's name: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly_rae.html

I'm pretty certain this is her parent's divorce record: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VK45-3N2
A public family tree on Ancestry lists Kimberly's mother as being married to a man by that name and having an (unnamed) daughter with him. That family tree says he died in Tampa, FL but the tree does not have a date of death. I have searched and I cannot find a death record. Therefore, I'm going to refrain from saying his name. Let's go by his initials: CAL. CAL apparently divorced Kimberly's mother while Kimberly was an infant. My best guess is that CAL was not involved in her life and she may not have even been given his surname. I was looking for evidence she was raised by her grandparents to explain that last name but found none. Her mom remarried (McGee) in 1974 and had a baby boy right away. Kimberly would have been 11 when her mom remarried.

Lastly--this is just a theory of mine, but it's possible Kim was adopted by her stepfather and took his name at that point. Original BC would have been reissued in an adoption and the reissued BC would often be kept private and not found on ancestry websites. All this info is relevant, IMO, because anyone looking for old newspaper clippings about Kimberly's disappearance needs to know which name to look for her under. There is so little info about her disappearance online I think the only thing we have to go on is a physical resemblance and that story about "a" Kimberly Doss showing up in Hollywood and Sugarland Texas. I can't even find out more about that lead in Sugarland and what became of it.

Kimberly's maternal grandmother died in 2014 and the family has a beautiful memorial page set up: http://conchita.horner.muchloved.com/
Take a look at grandmother's pictures. She is tall and brunette and if someone told me this was FLEK's grandmother I would easily believe it. That page also mentions the Cuban family connection and says Grandmother loved to cook. Perhaps FLEK's love of Cuban food came from a memory of her grandmother's cooking?

Kimberly's maternal grandmother died in 2014 and the family has a beautiful memorial page set up: http://conchita.horner.muchloved.com/
Take a look at grandmother's pictures. She is tall and brunette and if someone told me this was FLEK's grandmother I would easily believe it. That page also mentions the Cuban family connection and says Grandmother loved to cook. Perhaps FLEK's love of Cuban food came from a memory of her grandmother's cooking?

Awesome Sauce!!! Yes, Grandma does look like FLEK!!! Great Work Gardener!!!

Do you have a record for KRD in Tampa, FL in 1989? I thought I saw a record for her there, then again it could be someone else with the same name. Could this be when she got really tan?

Linda~~by the way looks like you could be right about the FL connection~~not sure if you were zeroing in on her or not!!

ETA: Removed note about mom being from Houston. I read SunnyNZ's post wrong the first time. :blushing:

Oh wait, ok so Doss is Kimberly's maternal grandfather's middle name? Not her dad's last name? That is interesting. Why would she be using that as a last name, why not her dad's last name (which seems to be McGee) or at least her mother's maiden name? Am I reading that right?

McGee was the step dad's last name.

Awesome Sauce!!! Yes, Grandma does look like FLEK!!! Great Work Gardener!!!

Do you have a record for KRD in Tampa, FL in 1989? I thought I saw a record for her there, then again it could be someone else with the same name. Could this be when she got really tan?

Good catch, I did not see that record for KRD in Tampa. Her maternal grandparents lived there. Although not conclusive, this tells me my earlier instinct that she was raised by her grandparents may have been correct. Her mother was not listed at that address, at least not per ancestry's public search.

ETA: Kim's grandmother remarried and remained at that residence in Tampa with her second husband, too. This seems significant in regards to the previous post about it being odd mom moved to Texas. Her grandmother did NOT move.

I'm pretty sure, you got it right that Doss comes from her grandfather's family.
Her stepfather's name was McGee. This website says she might have used her stepfather's name: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/doss_kimberly_rae.html

I'm pretty certain this is her parent's divorce record: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VK45-3N2
A public family tree on Ancestry lists Kimberly's mother as being married to a man by that name and having an (unnamed) daughter with him. That family tree says he died in Tampa, FL but the tree does not have a date of death. I have searched and I cannot find a death record. Therefore, I'm going to refrain from saying his name. Let's go by his initials: CAL. CAL apparently divorced Kimberly's mother while Kimberly was an infant. My best guess is that CAL was not involved in her life and she may not have even been given his surname. I was looking for evidence she was raised by her grandparents to explain that last name but found none. Her mom remarried (McGee) in 1974 and had a baby boy right away. Kimberly would have been 11 when her mom remarried.

Lastly--this is just a theory of mine, but it's possible Kim was adopted by her stepfather and took his name at that point. Original BC would have been reissued in an adoption and the reissued BC would often be kept private and not found on ancestry websites. All this info is relevant, IMO, because anyone looking for old newspaper clippings about Kimberly's disappearance needs to know which name to look for her under. There is so little info about her disappearance online I think the only thing we have to go on is a physical resemblance and that story about "a" Kimberly Doss showing up in Hollywood and Sugarland Texas. I can't even find out more about that lead in Sugarland and what became of it.

Yes that makes sense. In the grandmother's memorial website she is referred to as Kimberley McGee.

The Kimberly Doss in Hollywood is the Iowa one?

Iowa Kimberly was 5'2". Florida Kimberly was 5' 4"-5' 5" (and looking at her grandmother she had the potential to grow taller, IMO). The Kimberly seen in Hollywood was 4 or 5 inches taller than the Iowa Kimberly and her mother didn't think it was her. I know some say FLEK was 5'10: or 5' 11" but the mortuary measured her at 5'8". It's easy to gain 2-4 inches with heels. I can see Kimberly Rae Doss from Florida growing 2 inches after her 16th birthday easily. JMO.

Soooo, are you gonna submit it? I think you should.

I'm thinking I should...at the very least to rule her out.

Gardner did the dad live in Houston? Is that why mom went to Houston to live?? Did you find his DOB?

The Florida record for KRD is actually from 1999: https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QJ2G-BJ5X
This doesn't necessarily mean Kim went back to Florida to stay with her grandparents in 1999. It could mean her grandparents had banks accounts or other financial records in her name that they maintained even after her disappearance.

Iowa Kimberly was 5'2". Florida Kimberly was 5' 4"-5' 5" (and looking at her grandmother she had the potential to grow taller, IMO). The Kimberly seen in Hollywood was 4 or 5 inches taller than the Iowa Kimberly and her mother didn't think it was her. I know some say FLEK was 5'10: or 5' 11" but the mortuary measured her at 5'8". It's easy to gain 2-4 inches with heels. I can see Kimberly Rae Doss from Florida growing 2 inches after her 16th birthday easily. JMO.

I actually have a Cuban friend and she is very tall. I called and checked with her and she said she did add a few inches when she was in her teens but could not tell me exactly when.

I'm thinking I should...at the very least to rule her out.

Gardner did the dad live in Houston? Is that why mom went to Houston to live?? Did you find his DOB?

Dad or stepdad? Bio dad seems to have been out of the picture when Kim was a baby (see my post one page back). I don't know what happened to him but relatives of Kim's family think he died in Tampa, Florida--no date of death listed.
Stepdad #1 also stayed in Florida, it seems. It looks like they filed for divorce in 1985 (in Florida) but the divorce was not finalized until 1994.
I can't find much about the 3rd husband--the one listed in her obituary. She might have gone to Texas with him. Seems like Kim would never have met her mother's 3rd husband so we can rule out that name as a possible Alias. JMO.

Here is my question....why wasn't there a match on Namus when FLEK was entered??

I think you need to submit it BigCityAccountant!

Looking at the young Kimberly Doss (McGee), she does not have the space betwee her two front teeth that we see in the picture of Lori in the pink hat. At 16, Kimberly would not have been wearing the slip on teeth, whatever they are called. In fact, they probably weren't even made at that time. Also,the height is off too much. We know that Lori was tall and a big boned girl.

IMO, all these factors rule Kimberly Doss ( McGee) out of being Lori Kennedy Ruff.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads