Theory #4: All Other Theories

Here's a new development regarding Purisima Creek. A local conservation group has bought the right-of-way from the redwoods at the extreme east of Purisima Creek Road, all the way to the ocean. They plan to make a hiking trail along the path of the creek. So although the search in and around the creek for many years never yielded up a single clue, there will be some attention given again to that part of the world. As you all know, I do not have any intuition about what happened to Anna. I do know that my first action was to run up toward the road, calling her, if that means anything. That's where Joe Ford said "She's gone" and my world broke apart. Everybody went to the creek after this.

I have a question about the property- was the home also a farm of any kind- meaning did you grow your own food or farm there? Or previous owners have a farm? A very nearby farm? Also, unrelated possibly but I am researching- do the names Robb, Harriet, Adam or Mira mean anything to anyone- especially Harriet and Robb? Also, is there any British connection anywhere in this story? Anyone British? Thanks for taking the time to help guide me in research. Blessings!

I have a question about the property- was the home also a farm of any kind- meaning did you grow your own food or farm there? Or previous owners have a farm? A very nearby farm? Also, unrelated possibly but I am researching- do the names Robb, Harriet, Adam or Mira mean anything to anyone- especially Harriet and Robb? Also, is there any British connection anywhere in this story? Anyone British? Thanks for taking the time to help guide me in research. Blessings!
We had a garden and fruit trees, but we were not really a farm. There were farms and small ranches along Purisima Creek Road. I don't know anyone with the four names you mention, and there's no British connection that I know of. Maybe I could give you more concrete answers if I knew the trail you're following, INH. Thanks for your interest.

Thank you so much for being here helping us after all this time, Annasmom- you are truly appreciated. I wondered if there might be a chicken farm (egg farmer) that may have stood out in your memory? Also, (something or someone??) British keeps coming up in my work, but I have no idea the connection. The names were rather abstract- looking into all sorts of avenues, none of which is worth posting unless something makes sense or is of value, and I don't want to send people on a wild goose chase. I know the questions are out of the blue, but as they come up, I will post them because I believe that if I say something important and do not realize the significance, you will instantly make a connection to something I would not.

This is a tough question- feel free not to answer but I wanted to know what the relationship between Anna and her brother who remembered things years later, might have been at the time of the disappearance? I am not insinuating he did anything, rather, more about his closeness to her, and his awareness of her surroundings? ( I ask because my son as a teen, had no clue about his little sisters life or interests at all) did he often play with her or talk about her day?

Thanks again for putting up with all of us for this many years, and all of our endless questions- hoping to truly help some day!

We had a garden and fruit trees, but we were not really a farm. There were farms and small ranches along Purisima Creek Road. I don't know anyone with the four names you mention, and there's no British connection that I know of. Maybe I could give you more concrete answers if I knew the trail you're following, INH. Thanks for your interest.

I have spoken with someone who resided in the area Anna went missing who had provided me some information which might take us in another direction.

This person has provided me with some information about a former neighbor of Anna's who may know more about Anna's disappearance. Not a neighbor who lived in one of the three homes on Purisima Creek Rd.

@Annasbro Do you use the private message/conversation area here at Websleuths. I need some contact information to reach you so I can relay this information to you. How can we do that?

Thank you.

I have received some contact information for Annasbro and sent him all of the information I received.

It's NOT a smoking gun but another viable area to look.

Heard back from Annasbro. While I can't give specific details about someone never mentioned in MSM, I can safely say distance from where Anna went missing likely rules out this possibility.

No stone unturned. No tip too small. I am thankful the tipster was persistent until a reply and information was provided about this avenue.

Here's a new development regarding Purisima Creek. A local conservation group has bought the right-of-way from the redwoods at the extreme east of Purisima Creek Road, all the way to the ocean. They plan to make a hiking trail along the path of the creek. So although the search in and around the creek for many years never yielded up a single clue, there will be some attention given again to that part of the world. As you all know, I do not have any intuition about what happened to Anna. I do know that my first action was to run up toward the road, calling her, if that means anything. That's where Joe Ford said "She's gone" and my world broke apart. Everybody went to the creek after this.

‘this is interesting I don’t recall seeing this post before.

Heard back from Annasbro. While I can't give specific details about someone never mentioned in MSM, I can safely say distance from where Anna went missing likely rules out this possibility.

No stone unturned. No tip too small. I am thankful the tipster was persistent until a reply and information was provided about this avenue.

This tip might not be a rule out. The tipster is pretty adamant about the information provided and that information has been relayed to Annasbro and Dr.Doogie.

What might help pursue this possibility is knowing where the local kids hung out. Maybe we need to shake the tree a bit and see what falls out so to speak.

If we had a map of the area the kids hung out we could see what kind of volunteer SAR we could find to search the public areas, and request permission from property owners to search private property. But we need a starting point.

IF Anna's remains were found this many years later, it is likely the medical examiner would not be able to determine manner of death or cause of death. Unless.....there was clear evidence on her bones, or she was found in a shallow grave.

It might be time for someone who may have buried her to unbury her and hope the authorities have to leave cause of death and manner of death as undetermined.

It's possible the person responsible is alive and someone known to the family. That theory really hasn't been explored here at WS. We can't mention any names if course, but perhaps some distance memories that were dismissed as meaningless decades ago will come to light now,

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. ~Luke 8:17

Last edited:
This tip might not be a rule out. The tipster is pretty adamant about the information provided and that information has been relayed to Annasbro and Dr.Doogie.

What might help pursue this possibility is knowing where the local kids hung out. Maybe we need to shake the tree a bit and see what falls out so to speak.

If we had a map of the area the kids hung out we could see what kind of volunteer SAR we could find to search the public areas, and request permission from property owners to search private property. But we need a starting point.

IF Anna's remains were found this many years later, it is likely the medical examiner would not be able to determine manner of death or cause of death. Unless.....there was clear evidence on her bones, or she was found in a shallow grave.

It might be time for someone who may have buried her to unbury her and hope the authorities have to leave cause of death and manner of death as undetermined.

It's possible the person responsible is alive and someone known to the family. That theory really hasn't been explored here at WS. We can't mention any names if course, but perhaps some distance memories that were dismissed as meaningless decades ago will come to light now,

For there is nothing hidden that will not be disclosed, and nothing concealed that will not be known or brought out into the open. ~Luke 8:17

This absolutely should be looked into. If you think of it, the backyard was rather bushy and large lending itself to a creek. Many areas may have been missed as emotions were high at that time.

What are your thoughts Dr. Doogie, Annasbro?

Any maps folks?

I hope we hear from Annasbro regarding his thoughts about Cubby’s theory as well. If this person is known to the family which as we all know, is a common situation in missing persons cases, should enhance in my opinion, an investigation. I would jump on this ruling no stone unturned. This is all for Anna. Our sweet Anna which is why we are here.

What can we do to help with this theory?

Please let us know the outcome of this tip as every tip should be well invested in the search for Anna.

It is never too late.
I often thought a local could well have been involved.
Why not investigate?

I have spoken with someone who resided in the area Anna went missing who had provided me some information which might take us in another direction.

This person has provided me with some information about a former neighbor of Anna's who may know more about Anna's disappearance. Not a neighbor who lived in one of the three homes on Purisima Creek Rd.

@Annasbro Do you use the private message/conversation area here at Websleuths. I need some contact information to reach you so I can relay this information to you. How can we do that?

Thank you.
I don't understand why this has to be so mysterious. Couldn't you be a little more forthcoming about this supposed clue? If you have not heard from Annasbro, ask me.

I don't understand why this has to be so mysterious. Couldn't you be a little more forthcoming about this supposed clue? If you have not heard from Annasbro, ask me.

I gave all the information I received to Annasbro and Dr. Doogie. Because WS TOS does not allow anyone to be accused who hasn't been officially called a suspect or POI by LE or MSM we can't just name someone on the forum.

Neither Annasbro or Dr. Doogie knew how to move forward with this possible lead. My suggestions were to determine some possible areas of interest for additional searches, away from the creek..... if perhaps Anna was hidden or became lost in a nearby canyon. Though, due to overgrowth it would probably have to be with volunteers who have search dogs on public property, and then with permission on private property. Or if an area of interest could be further narrowed perhaps we could ask the detective currently assigned to Anna's case to request the assistance of Necrosearch.

NecroSearch International, Inc.

Cubby, has there been any progress on my lead about Anna and the neighbor? Maybe we should tell Annasmom what I suspect, it breaks my heart that she still does not know what happened to her child. It's also possible it could joggle a memory of my suspect or something else.

Cubby, has there been any progress on my lead about Anna and the neighbor? Maybe we should tell Annasmom what I suspect, it breaks my heart that she still does not know what happened to her child. It's also possible it could joggle a memory of my suspect or something else.

I gave all of the information you provided to Annasbro and Dr.Doogie. Annasmom is aware they have the information about your tip. See my answer to her post above. I have not been updated whether the three have discussed this possibility.

It's up to the family now to decide how to proceed from here.

My questions remain as to how far away from the creek was the immediate area searched. Was it 10 feet on either side, 100 feet, 100 yards? Is there a possibility Anna was lost in a canyon nearby the farm and not discovered because the ground search was focused too near the creek?

Was there an area your suspect may have hidden Anna if this person harmed her, accidentally or intentionally?

If there were to be another search it has to start with guidance from the family within a certain radius from the farm and outward from there.

Still hoping and praying for answers, whatever the truth may be.

I think it is safe to say @beauders tip is regarding someone who was a minor when Anna disappeared. For that reason I believe more information on where the kids hung out in the area would be of importance in possible future searches for Anna.

For anyone who believes a minor would be incapable, I work with special needs children. Many of these kids have behavioral problems and are quite capable of things many adults might not believe, especially under duress.

cant this info be brought to the police where they can gain more info and have a better idea on how to search

cant this info be brought to the police where they can gain more info and have a better idea on how to search

I believe it has been forwarded to police. Im sure police will not reveal where they might be with this tip until a time when an arrest would be made and/or Anna is located. No way would they want to show their hand to any possible suspects.

I was hoping we could find a way to organize a search of public property alongside any possible police investigation/search. Of course without interfering with any police investigation. I believe it's possible to do so, but being halfway across the country it's not something I can do from such a distance.

I'm rereading the book. I'm surprised to read none of the neighbors were ever interviewed by police.

Wondering what time the schools got out that day. What time did Annas brothers arrive home? Did they recall any classmates who were absent from school the day Anna disappeared?

Geez, how crazy no neighbours were interviewed.
The lady who heard rustling in the bushes?
The school bus driver may have noticed an absent child and taken note.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back