GUILTY FL - Aaden Batista, 23 mos, beaten to death, Palm Bay, 6 April 2010

sarah7855

Where is Kyron?
Reaction score
There are no words for this!!! :furious:

From orlandosentinel.com:

A 28-year-old convicted felon is jailed in the beating death of his girlfriend's 2-year-old son, who Palm Bay police say showed signs of sexual abuse.

The boy was taken to Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne Wednesday with a severe head injury, police said. He was transferred to Arnold Palmer Hospital for Children in Orlando, where he died Thursday at 2:15 p.m.

Witnesses told investigators they saw Jason Padgett punch the child in the face and head in the three weeks before his death. Their identity was not revealed, nor did officers say why the witnesses did not notify police or child-protection workers.

This punched this baby in the face and head and nobody did anything about it?! This sickens me to no end!!

Padgett has served prison time for robbery, grand theft, forgery and fleeing a law enforcement officer. He also has been arrested on charges of domestic violence, child abuse, aggravated battery and drugs, according to police.

With a record like this, including child abuse and violent crimes, WHY was he out and able to beat, sexually abuse and kill this poor, innocent baby in the first place?!

From floridatoday.com:

Jason Padgett remains held on a $3 million bond at the jail on charges of premeditated murder, child neglect and aggravated child abuse.

"What this man did to this innocent child is unforgivable," Police Chief Bill Berger stated in a press release. "No child should ever have to go through what this little boy endured before his death.

great they saw him punnch and beat a 2 year old and did nothing.

and where is the little guys mom? :(

Witnesses told investigators they saw Jason Padgett punch the child in the face and head in the three weeks before his death. Their identity was not revealed, nor did officers say why the witnesses did not notify police or child-protection workers.

I have no words. This really concerns me. I wonder if civilization as we knew it is a thing of the past.

A 2 year old is punched in the face by a grown man and the people present did nothing?!?

A 7 year old is pimped out by sister and raped by multiple men while other stand around watching, and do nothing.

A group of boys set another boy aflame over a petty squabble?!?

A beautiful little girl was sold by her mother for drugs. And on and on and on.

Some days I am ashamed to be a part of the human race.

omigod...this is just sick...and look at his mug shot...looks like hes high right then..just want to slap that expression rigth off his face..
i agree w/ tlcox..what is this world coming to? hearing WAY too many/ similar stories..

Perhaps the witnesses were children? Did the loser mother have any other kids in the house with this monster?

I seriously hope this guy gets his.............:furious:

((((Aaden))))

Perhaps the witnesses were children? Did the loser mother have any other kids in the house with this monster?

I seriously hope this guy gets his.............:furious:

((((Aaden))))

Good point. That would explain why they weren't named and why no authorites were called.

Why oh why do women insist on exposing their children to monsters? It seems any ole man will do. We have heard nothing about her, but she had to have known what was happening. Did she know about his record? Did she care? Obviously not.

I am so SICK of these vicious monsters brutalizing and murdering these tiny, precious, defenseless babies!!! :furious: :banghead: :furious:

Something has to give here. Why are parents not taking care of their kids. What happened to a parent being a childs guardian and protector. If someone was trying to hurt my kids I would lay down my own life to protect them. WTH!? Do we need to start sending books home from the hospital when women deliver? Don't live with a dangerous felon, don't do drugs, don't get drunk and ignore your kids, don't live with a SO...

Jason L. Padgett Priors

Offense: Grand Theft
Offense: Utter Forged Instrument
Offense: Willful Flee/Elude LEO
Sentenced for above 3 offenses on 7/23/2007 to 1 Year 8 Months
Incarcerated: 8/3/2007 - 8/18/2008

Offense: Robbery
Sentenced for above offense on 8/13/01 to 2 Years
Incarcerated: 8/24/2001 - 10/19/2002

There is a charge that I don't know what it means on 9/1/2009. It is listed as DWLS/R WITH 2 OR MORE PRIORS. I don't see any jail time for that.

He was charged with unknown misdemeanors on 9/23/1999 and 10/23/1999. I see no prosecution of those charges.

So, actually, for all of the trouble he has been in, this guy has done very little jail time.

bilde

Service for slain Palm Bay toddler today
BY J.D .GALLOP • FLORIDA TODAY • April 15, 2010

Palm Bay police detectives say Aaden Batista died April 8 from head injuries inflicted by his mother’s 28-year-old boyfriend, Jason Padgett. Padgett remains jailed on a first-degree murder charge at the Brevard County Detention Center in Sharpes.

The wake service for the toddler, known to family members as “Pumpkin,” will be held from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. at the Davis Seawinds Funeral Home at 560 Montreal Ave. in Melbourne. A funeral service will follow at 6 p.m.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...WS01/Service+for+slain+Palm+Bay+toddler+today

Officials: Attention needed on child abuse
BY J.D. GALLOP • FLORIDA TODAY • April 18, 2010

PALM BAY — Detectives called what 2-year-old Aaden Batista suffered at the hands of his mother's boyfriend nothing less than torture.

There were likely blows to the head with a fist or a hard object and verbal abuse, and there was possibly violent shaking that rendered the boy known to family members as "Pumpkin" and "Chubba" unresponsive for hours before dying from his injuries at Arnold Palmer Hospital in Orlando, reports show.
But nearly as stunning to Palm Bay detectives was the discovery that others witnessed abuse weeks prior to the slaying. According to police, witnesses have reported seeing Aaden being dragged by the shirt across a parking lot, while others heard the mother's boyfriend screaming to the toddler that he was "worthless."
No one called police -- not even to anonymously report the allegations.
"There's no good answer as to why. It's just a tragedy," said Palm Bay Police Detective Greg Guillete.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...06/Officials++Attention+needed+on+child+abuse

SNIPPED................................................................

Witnesses were afraid of him. He went after people and he's gotten into fights with people across the street from where he lived," Guillete said, adding that Padgett may have had some links to the Latin Kings gang.

Just hours after Aaden was rushed to the hospital for treatment, neighbors told police they saw Padgett get violent with the toddler -- once punching him in the head and face and, on another occasion, slapping the boy in the throat and head with an open hand, reports show.
One neighbor told detectives Aaden was once riding a scooter near the apartment doorway when Padgett confronted the boy, saying, 'what the . . . do you think you're doing?' and then pulled the scooter away, reports show.
The neighbor then said Padgett struck the boy with the scooter, an incident that was never reported to police.
"One guy approached Jason and Jason just said, 'You want to fight?' He was out of control," Guillette said, adding some residents feared retaliation

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...06/Officials++Attention+needed+on+child+abuse

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back