TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
What difference would it make if he rid of the key? People saw him on the lake with the boat...and the children were there to tell it. If he had a duplicate made, he will, hopefully, have to say where it came from?

What I hope is that LE knows of other items that are in his possession but maybe shouldn't be, stuff that Arlene doesn't know about or hasn't mentioned.

Do we know for sure that April 30 was the date the COA was filled out, versus the date it was become effective?

As an aside, I went online and found I could do a change of address with only an email address. You do have to put in an effective date for the change to the new address. I believe the written form also requires an effective date.

I too would really like to know the new address that was on it.

April 30th was the date per MP here:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

I believe someone here on WS confirmed it but I can't find the specific post. However, I did find where JBean showed us a copy of a blank COA form here:

[ame="http://websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6604739&postcount=458"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - TN TN - Gail Nowacki Palmgren, 44, Signal Mountain, 30 April 2011 - #4[/ame]

This is the notification you receive in the mail when you change addresses online, I believe.

I almost had to keep my jaw from dropping during the SMM show. Wow, to say the least.

April 30th was the date per MP here:

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_200931.asp

I believe someone here on WS confirmed it but I can't find the specific post.

Yes, I know what the article says.

she had entered a change of address form dated April 30

What I'm trying to find out is whether that is the date the form was filled out, or the date the change of address was to be effective. The article doesn't specify which it is.

Pearl*, you don't think they actually filed anything?

No. And I should have said "misquote" rather than bad paraphrase. I saw no other place that was reported. The filing on May 6 named both parties, and I think the reporter slopped it together and distorted the meaning. After all, if it had already been filed, why would Matt have filed it alone on May 6? Come to think of it, in family law, when do "they" file for anything? ONE party files against the other.

Since we don't have the paperwork yet, here are some articles which quote the police reports or sworn statements in part:

The April 22nd incident:

The dispute between Mrs. Palmgren and her husband which prompted that call was eventually resolved after both parties “cooled down,” according to a Signal Mountain Police report dated April 22.

...According to the incident report filed by police on the April 22 incident, Mr. Palmgren and his wife were in their car fighting over his refusal to ride with her and their two children “as a family” to their lake house in Alabama.

Mr. Palmgren “stated that she got mad because he wanted to take the boat down with them and he would have to take the jeep to haul it down there,” according to the incident report. “He stated that she took his jeep key and hid it from him.”

He got mad and got out of the vehicle and started to walk home, he told officers.

Investigators said Mrs. Palmgren told them she called 9-1-1 “because he wouldn’t get back into the car and started walking home.”(Link.)

The April 29th incident:

#1 -- “Matthew Palmgren agreed to stay at 40 Ridge Rock Drive and let Gail Palmgren take their two children . . . to their lake house in Alabama for the night,” according to the report.

“Gail was given phone numbers of a safe place to stay,” officers reported. (Link.)

#2 -- On April 29 Mrs. Palmgren called again to report another incident and, during their investigation, officers provided her with “phone numbers of a safe place to stay.” (Link.)

There is info on the November 17th incident here, but no direct quotes. (Link.)

Several reports quote the "safe place to stay" part: (Link 1, Link 2, )

And here are some quotes in MP's sworn statements, I assume as part of the restraining order he first took out, which apparently the media had access to as well:

In a sworn statement he claims his wife has suffered "bouts of depression", is on several prescription medications, and is "delusional". (Link.)

More info about the sworn statements regarding Gail thinking someone broke into her car and also recording license plates, is in this article here. No quotes though, just repeated info.

Edited to add: Just trying to give links that have direct quotes to tide us over until we get the actual paperwork. I know you've already heard it, but I thought having it in one place might be nice. Moderators are MORE than welcome to remove anything I say that is wrong, irritating, slamming, repeated, or anything else that's not welcome here. Thanks.

Diane said so in a news article here on the 15th:

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

I remember because I thought that was new info and was really surprised by it, but no one else really commented on it.

Interesting-I remember finding Matt's motion, but nothing else at the time. Wouldnt that mean that Gail has representation then? Then someone should have been stepping forward on her behalf when Matt filed his motion for legal separation, sole custody and sole use of the marital residence...

I wonder if it was mis quoted?? :waitasec:

At the time, we were discussing whether Matt had paperwork for a separation in the works before Gail went missing because he got it filed so quickly after she disappeared, something like 3 or 5 business days after he finally called LE if I recall. The quoted part made me think they were indeed already working on a separation and had paperwork basically ready to go. But who knows, right? Maybe Diane was confused, maybe the reporter goofed, we just don't know.

Diane said so in a news article here on the 15th:

http://www.newschannel9.com/news/palmgren-1001216-nichols-last.html

I remember because I thought that was new info and was really surprised by it, but no one else really commented on it.
I remember chatting about this when it was first reported. IMO, we know that Gail told friends and family that Matt had said he wanted a divorce and she said "ok". Matt actually filed on 5-6 and that could actually be what Diane was referring to. The fact that they were planning on separating and she knew that Matt had recently filed so it came out a bit sideways.
That is what I have always taken that to mean.

I don't get when Arlene reads out the message from LE:

Your actions today were criminally negligent and interfering with a police investigation. Any further actions will result in criminal charges against you.

SMM's reaction, slamming LE, practically shouting, cursing. That's a strong message. She doesn't even ask Arlene what it was that she had done that day.

IMO, SMM is a menace. She's really fanning the flames with Arlene, and Arlene is upset and emotional right now. Of course she's going to react.

I can't tell if SMM is trying to sell books, resolve her own personal conflicts from the past, or both. She needs to take a step back though. She's waaaayyyy overboard.

My opinion.

I think MP may be wasting his time on that suit, but apparently the lawyer friend in AL is handling it----the one who had the jewelry....from what AD said on the broadcast. :(

I'm trying to find this. Was it in the interview or in a media article?

Surely we aren't talking about the lawyer who spoke so eloquently as quoted by Lee Davis in the Chattanoogan article:

"Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

[bbm]

I wonder what he's like in drafting his documents and arguing his cases in the courtroom?

:thud:

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

I'm trying to find this. Was it in the interview or in a media article?

Surely we aren't talking about the lawyer who spoke so eloquently as quoted by Lee Davis in the Chattanoogan article:

"Attorney Davis said Ms. Palmgren "showed up uninvited" and spent two nights with the family friends.

He said the husband, an attorney, told him, "Gail was flat f----- up. She was out of her mind."

[bbm]

I wonder what he's like in drafting his documents and arguing his cases in the courtroom?

:thud:

http://chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Pearl*, that was in a media article. We all thought it was published as an effort to try to make GP look bad and MP look better, after Arlene's first interview on SMM. I'll try to locate it.
Here it is: http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_203652.asp

Pearl*, that was in a media article. We all thought it was published as an effort to try to make GP look bad and MP look better, after Arlene's first interview on SMM. I'll try to locate it.

Yes, I think you are referring to the article I quoted, maybe? I'm trying to find a reference to this Alabama attorney having filed the suit for Matt against BC/BS. And wondering if it is the same guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Megankd