Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlcya

Old and Re-Tired Websleuth
Reaction score
attachment.php

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/mis...ear-old-richardson-girl-believed-grave-danger

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-at-3-a-m-as-punishment-then-she-disappeared/

Previous Thread (#7)

The couple went before a judge, along with officials from Texas Child Protective Services (CPS), concerning the custody of their 4-year-old biological child. CPS removed the little girl from the home and placed her in foster care just days after Sherin disappeared.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2017/10/23/mom-missing-girl-court-officials-id-body-found/

The father of a 3-year-old Texas girl missing since Oct. 7 told police that he watched his daughter choke on milk and die, then removed her body from the home, according to an arrest affidavit.

Affidavit

Body found in Richardson confirmed as missing 3-year-old Sherin Mathews

The parents of Sherin Mathews are set to return to back to court Monday morning for the custody of their biological 4-year-old daughter.

[...]

CPS has been looking into possible relatives for the biological child to stay with moving forward.

{updated on 11/17/17}

Mother, Sini Mathews, has now been charged with child endangerment in her death

Ugh. I know that legally this was the correct thing for the judge to do based on her charges, but I am still disgusted. I think she had a big part in this -- just admitting to leaving her alone at home while the other three of the family had a dinner out tells me she is a heartless person. But then again I think the poor baby was already dead by the time they went to dinner.

I think they may have killed Sherin and then wanted to get the sister out of the house so they could dispose of her in the dark and while the sister was in bed. I think they could have said something like: "Sherin is sleeping, so we are going out to dinner without her." Then when they came back, put the sister to bed and had Wesley take care of disposing of her body and maybe cleaning up whatever mess needed to be cleaned up.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE has heard something else from their bio daughter that lets them know there is more to the story, but they surely won't divulge that until they know the goose is cooked, so to speak.

all just my opinion

I am leaning towards the "parents" leaving Sherin alone as a common, usual punishment. Perhaps eating out was used as a "reward" for doing as she was told. I would like to see records of how often they ate out...

IMO, they didn't think anything of leaving her home alone, because they had done it before. I don't believe she was dead or mortally injured at that time. I think when they returned, that Sherin still refused to comply and that's when things got ugly.

We don't know what bits of truth are thrown into their stories, but I have to wonder about the 3 am time frame WM originally gave. Why 3 am? Did he or Sini or both of them get into a battle of wills that raged into the wee hours of the morning? Originally she was in the kitchen, then the battle moved into the garage? They strapped her into her car seat, and it continued? Maybe Sini HAD gone to sleep, because the battle went on and on, so they could SAY that she was asleep and unaware of what happened to Sherin. Yeah, riiiiiiight.

Ugh. I know that legally this was the correct thing for the judge to do based on her charges, but I am still disgusted. I think she had a big part in this -- just admitting to leaving her alone at home while the other three of the family had a dinner out tells me she is a heartless person. But then again I think the poor baby was already dead by the time they went to dinner.

I think they may have killed Sherin and then wanted to get the sister out of the house so they could dispose of her in the dark and while the sister was in bed. I think they could have said something like: "Sherin is sleeping, so we are going out to dinner without her." Then when they came back, put the sister to bed and had Wesley take care of disposing of her body and maybe cleaning up whatever mess needed to be cleaned up.

It wouldn't surprise me if LE has heard something else from their bio daughter that lets them know there is more to the story, but they surely won't divulge that until they know the goose is cooked, so to speak.

all just my opinion

You have me wondering if there is possibly another person involved. I'm doubting it but who knows. Parents & daughter left the house so someone could get Sherin out. They came home and WM waited till no one would notice him leaving to reassure himself Sherin wouldn't be found. Thus the 3 am excuse of giving milk to cover himself just in case someone noticed him driving away from the house. IDK, my head is spinning with the craziness of all WM has said.

You have me wondering if there is possibly another person involved. I'm doubting it but who knows. Parents & daughter left the house so someone could get Sherin out. They came home and WM waited till no one would notice him leaving to reassure himself Sherin wouldn't be found. Thus the 3 am excuse of giving milk to cover himself just in case someone noticed him driving away from the house. IDK, my head is spinning with the craziness of all WM has said.

Interesting thought. I would think that phone records would show who they communicated with during that time and then those people would be interrogated.

It is so frustrating when we are at this point in a case. Just waiting on autopsy reports and waiting for the other show to drop. I do have faith in LE here though and I think they are being very careful in how they are handling things, making sure they don't move too quickly and damage the case.

Kinda wondered about another person being involved as well. The whacko stories throw a curve in the works, and then facts surface and it just gets worse. I thought I had gained some patience in my old age but waiting for reports, results and ANSWERS reveal how little patience I seem to actually have.

Interesting thought. I would think that phone records would show who they communicated with during that time and then those people would be interrogated.

It is so frustrating when we are at this point in a case. Just waiting on autopsy reports and waiting for the other show to drop. I do have faith in LE here though and I think they are being very careful in how they are handling things, making sure they don't move too quickly and damage the case.

I agree. The amount of care LE are using in this case gives me hope.

Wow, I just saw on HLN, Primetime Juistice with Ashleigh Banfield, that Bond has been dropped to $100,000 for Sherin's mother. This is very disheartening.

I cannot keep up with all that has been discussed here, but has anyone considered that Sherin was strapped into her highchair or booster chair while the parents and sibling went to supper?

While they were gone, Sherin attempted to wriggle out of her chair, got caught in the strap and strangled? (Choked on her milk)

When Mommy and Daddy returned, she was already dead.

Thus it took awhile to come up with a plan and dispose of Sherin? This has been my thought ever since I saw she was left alone, but I have not seen this discussed.

Kinda wondered about another person being involved as well. The whacko stories throw a curve in the works, and then facts surface and it just gets worse. I thought I had gained some patience in my old age but waiting for reports, results and ANSWERS reveal how little patience I seem to actually have.

True about the phone records, and everything else you said. I think LE is doing a great job as well.

I cannot keep up with all that has been discussed here, but has anyone considered that Sherin was strapped into her highchair or booster chair while the parents and sibling went to supper?

While they were gone, Sherin attempted to wriggle out of her chair, got caught in the strap and strangled? (Choked on her milk)

When Mommy and Daddy returned, she was already dead.

Thus it took awhile to come up with a plan and dispose of Sherin? This has been my thought ever since I saw she was left alone, but I have not seen this discussed.

I have wondered about a similar scenario because it happened to a toddler in my hometown, years ago. My mother called me in tears to remind me of the dangers with high chairs .

Here is an example I found:

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/my-baby-choked-to-death-in-seconds-28111409.html

A distraught Co Armagh mother clutched a teddy bear as she recalled how her baby boy choked to death in a highchair when she left him alone for just seconds.

Roisin Ritchie was visibly distressed as she described to an inquest into the death of her 13-month-old son how he slipped down in his highchair and became tangled in the straps.

He was strapped into a highchair with a safety harness when she went into the kitchen to do the dishes.

Clinging to the child's toy while giving evidence, Mrs Ritchie, a care assistant at the time, said the accident happened when she had left the room for "literally seconds".

She described taking the dishes from the living room of her home into the kitchen where she scraped leftovers onto a dog's dish.

Deputy Coroner Suzanne Anderson noted that the death occurred after the youngster had unclipped the safety straps of the highchair himself and slipped down the seat.

The strap had caught around his armpits and his chest had been trapped below the tray, causing asphyxiation.

Miss Anderson highlighted that Mrs Ritchie freed the child and ran with him in her arms to a neighbour's house.

An ambulance was called at 7.40pm but the child was pronounced dead at 8pm.

I have wondered about a similar scenario because it happened to a toddler in my hometown, years ago. My mother called me in tears to remind me of the dangers with high chairs .

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/incoming/my-baby-choked-to-death-in-seconds-28111409.html

A distraught Co Armagh mother clutched a teddy bear as she recalled how her baby boy choked to death in a highchair when she left him alone for just seconds.

Roisin Ritchie was visibly distressed as she described to an inquest into the death of her 13-month-old son how he slipped down in his highchair and became tangled in the straps.

He was strapped into a highchair with a safety harness when she went into the kitchen to do the dishes.

Clinging to the child's toy while giving evidence, Mrs Ritchie, a care assistant at the time, said the accident happened when she had left the room for "literally seconds".

She described taking the dishes from the living room of her home into the kitchen where she scraped leftovers onto a dog's dish.

Deputy Coroner Suzanne Anderson noted that the death occurred after the youngster had unclipped the safety straps of the highchair himself and slipped down the seat.

The strap had caught around his armpits and his chest had been trapped below the tray, causing asphyxiation.

Miss Anderson highlighted that Mrs Ritchie freed the child and ran with him in her arms to a neighbour's house.

And that is what you do when you find your child unresponsive, run or call for help. You don't hide her body and leave her to rot.

This is exactly what I have been envisioning. A 3 year old could possibly undo her straps, or at least get them partially undone. I am thinking the COD will be asphyxiation and this is why Dad made up the milk story. (Reasonable doubt).

What a sad life for this sweet little girl. Thank you Katydid

I don't think she died in a high chair, or from a high chair. I think there will be a defense based on the evidence the detectives and prosecutors find, and what they can piece together by themselves, because we know these loving parents of Sherin wouldn't want to just tell the truth. Why not admit this "accidental death" to the police, if that was the case? Why throw your daughter away in a drainage ditch? In hopes that evidence would be destroyed, no?

And that is what you do when you find your child unresponsive, run or call for help. You don't hide her body and leave her to rot.

But not when you abandon your child to go dine out with your bio family.

What sounds worse:

I left my toddler home alone, strapped in her high chair and she became entangled in the straps and strangled herself.

or

I took my toddler outside at 3am because she wouldn't drink her milk and put her on the other side of my fence, across the alley, under a tree. When I checked back 15 minutes later, she wasn't there so I did laundry and waited for it to get light out.

or

My toddler wouldn't drink her milk in the garage at 3am so I physically assisted her, she choked, her breathing slowed and when I checked her pulse, I couldn't find it so I thought she was dead.

Story #1 makes him sound like Father of the Year compared to the other 2 stories. I don't think this tragedy would have gotten the coverage or the outrage that it's garnered if not for that first outrageous account of the events of that night.

What sounds worse:

I left my toddler home alone, strapped in her high chair and she became entangled in the straps and strangled herself.

or

I took my toddler outside at 3am because she wouldn't drink her milk and put her on the other side of my fence, across the alley, under a tree. When I checked back 15 minutes later, she wasn't there so I did laundry and waited for it to get light out.

or

My toddler wouldn't drink her milk in the garage at 3am so I physically assisted her, she choked, her breathing slowed and when I checked her pulse, I couldn't find it so I thought she was dead.

Story #1 makes him sound like Father of the Year compared to the other 2 stories. I don't think this tragedy would have gotten the coverage or the outrage that it's garnered if not for that first outrageous account of the events of that night.

Was this in reply to me? I wasn't saying that the other options were better. I would have thought he would have made up a story where he actually did sound like father of the year. None of the options are good for them.

Was this in reply to me? I wasn't saying that the other options were better. I would have thought he would have made up a story where he actually did sound like father of the year. None of the options are good for them.

It was just a comment in response to what's been discussed so far on this thread. If she had strangled herself in the high chair straps, he could have called 911 and said his wife went to lie down to take a nap, he was in another room, and when he returned to the kitchen, he found her entangled in the high chair straps. Accident. And IF the police had done some further investigating and found they had actually left her home alone (and that's only IF they chose to do any more investigating), he could have admitted they left her alone. It still wouldn't have sounded as BAD as those stories he told. If someone told me they would pay me to come up with the meanest thing I could think of to do to a 3yr old, I couldn't come up with a story anything like the stories he's told. It's like he's done his best to tell a horror story.

So is what actually happened even worse? Geeezzz------I hope not.

I can only speculate she was left outside with the hopes that time and decomposition would mask the true COD which had nothing to do with milk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado