Holly Bobo found deceased, discussion thread *Arrests* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this day and age why are they not taping these conversations and documenting them? I cannot count the number of convictions that have been overturned and set aside from false confessions just this year. The Ryan Ferguson case in MO is a prime example. He has filed a $100M case against the city and each LE investigator that coerced a confession from a co-defendant. IMO all interrogations should be recorded, both audio and visual. Both for evidentiary value and documentation that no coercion took place. And especially in this case with Dylan where LE knows full well his challenged IQ is being thrown around.

JMO's

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?237659-Ryan-Ferguson-100M-Wrongful-Coviction-Lawsuit

Extra thanks dog.gone.cute :seeya: for all the links and info above!

Wow, what difference a day makes! I do feel much more confident now about this case going to trial.

In this day and age why are they not taping these conversations and documenting them? I cannot count the number of convictions that have been overturned and set aside from false confessions just this year. The Ryan Ferguson case in MO is a prime example. He has filed a $100M case against the city and each LE investigator that coerced a confession from a co-defendant. IMO all interrogations should be recorded, both audio and visual. Both for evidentiary value and documentation that no coercion took place. And especially in this case with Dylan where LE knows full well his challenged IQ is being thrown around.

JMO's

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?237659-Ryan-Ferguson-100M-Wrongful-Coviction-Lawsuit

I hope that all conversations, interrogations, etc with all these players in Holly's case is being recorded, videoed, and backed-up. Since I guess I am so naïve to totally trust this group of LE, I think they are doing this. If for no other reason than to be able to prove what was said when the defense attorneys try to discredit them. Also, I think recording, etc will be the linchpins when immunity deals are voided. The DA already wants to void SA's deal because, I think we surmise, he did not deliver on negotiated terms and possibly could be more of a participant than he led LE to believe he was.
http://www.jacksonsun.com/story/new...stimony-led-his-and-brothers-arrest/17278037/
In above previously linked article, the cousin clams,
"He was in protective custody of the TBI, specifically Special Agent Jeff Jackson, for his cooperation with the Bobo investigation," she said. "He was supposed to have full immunity from prosecution for any knowledge he may have had."
The above BBM by me, imo, hints that Dylan may have had an immunity deal "for any knowledge he may have had." There is a difference in "knowledge" and the rape he is charged with. If he reached a deal based on knowledge, it does not cover participation. I am pretty sure this will be challenged and don't think LE would so charge if it can not be evidenced. It will be interesting to learn how the courts deal with SA's immunity deal.

This case reminds me again of the Lauren Giddings case in Macon where we learned quite a bit from the killer's mother before the defense attorneys (I presume) prevailed upon her to shut her mouth.

Extra thanks dog.gone.cute :seeya: for all the links and info above!

Wow, what difference a day makes! I do feel much more confident now about this case going to trial.

:seeya: You're Welcome, OS ! It helps to have the info and links accessible, especially since there are so many perps, court dates, etc.

BBM: Yes, I agree . . . and I cannot wait to see this all laid out !

:seeya: You're Welcome, OS ! It helps to have the info and links accessible, especially since there are so many perps, court dates, etc.

BBM: Yes, I agree . . . and I cannot wait to see this all laid out !

The links and info you posted would be good to have appear on the first page of every new thread - it really helps, especially with so many involved in this case!

Okay, let me see if I have my fact straight here before I comment further. Dylan Adams is Zach Adams brother, and he's the one who implicated Zach Adams in Holly's death, correct? And now Dylan Adams is admitting to having forcibly raped Holly? Was there anything else that implicated Zach Adams and Jason Autry, other than Dylan Adams' statements?

If the guy has an IQ of 70, and has been squirreling around with all his allegations for the past year or so before these current charges, the defence attorney is going to have a field day on cross if he is ever used as a witness.

This is just a huge mess IMO. They sure as hell better have corroboration, or it is going to get seriously ugly in court for the prosecution if they take it to trial.

Its a given the defense has to try something since they are battling uphill.

But it isn't going to fly, imo. He does not have an IQ low enough to make it an issue. Inmates who have a 70 IQ and above can be put to death. When he was charged with the federal gun charges he had a public defender and I believe she is still his lawyer. If his IQ had shown him unable to know right from wrong she would have long filed that with the court in the gun case. Since he was convicted his IQ is not an issue.

Will the defense try to make it one? Probably but I think the DA has evidence supporting what Dylan has said and the DT will have a hard time making out that Dylan is just making all of this up. It really is hard for defense attorneys to make chicken salad out of chicken s*** but they do try.

I don't think he has been squirreling around. I think it has taken time for him to come forward with more and more truth about what happened.

Imo, the so called DT field day will turnout to be an infested swamp they cant pull the defendants out of, imo.

IMO

Okay, let me see if I have my fact straight here before I comment further. Dylan Adams is Zach Adams brother, and he's the one who implicated Zach Adams in Holly's death, correct? And now Dylan Adams is admitting to having forcibly raped Holly? Was there anything else that implicated Zach Adams and Jason Autry, other than Dylan Adams' statements?

DA Stowe has said there is voluminous evidence against ZA and JA.

Dylan will only be one part of the trial.

JMO's

Did I miss something? Where has the TBI said they didn't tape any of Dylan's interviews and statements?

When the TBI interviewed Mary Winkler they sure videoed it back then.

IMO

Wait...Dylan Adams admitted to raping Holly at the same time he admitted to tampering with evidence? But he wasn't charged with rape until just now? Did I read that right?!

(I'm just...confused.)

Its a given the defense has to try something since they are battling uphill.

But it isn't going to fly, imo. He does not have an IQ low enough to make it an issue. Inmates who have a 70 IQ and above can be put to death. When he was charged with the federal gun charges he had a public defender and I believe she is still his lawyer. If his IQ had shown him unable to know right from wrong she would have long filed that with the court in the gun case. Since he was convicted his IQ is not an issue.

Will the defense try to make it one? Probably but I think the DA has evidence supporting what Dylan has said and the DT will have a hard time making out that Dylan is just making all of this up. It really is hard for defense attorneys to make chicken salad out of chicken s*** but they do try.

I don't think he has been squirreling around. I think it has taken time for him to come forward with more and more truth about what happened.

Imo, the so called DT field day will turnout to be an infested swamp they cant pull the defendants out of, imo.

IMO

<BBM for Focus>

Although the mouth easily lies, at times the brain doesn't cooperate, regardless of the IQ, imo. IMO, DA is either a victim of leakage during his many interrogations, or the locked cell phone of Pearcy's has been successfully unlocked by the TBI and DA has possibly been caught on video...jmo

http://criminalminds.wikia.com/wiki/Roger_L._Depue
Roger L. Depue was Unit Chief of the Behavioral Analysis Unit at the FBI

His research led him to coin the term "leakage", which basically means that one's fantasies consciously or subconsciously tend to leak out. It also allows offender profilers to obtain information on a criminal's motivation.

Wait...Dylan Adams admitted to raping Holly at the same time he admitted to tampering with evidence? But he wasn't charged with rape until just now? Did I read that right?!

(I'm just...confused.)

Maybe it would be easier for you to understand MK if you go back to all the articles around the time Dylan was arrested for tampering. DA Stowe said then that there would be more charges against suspects that were already arrested.

Once they knew of the rapes they immediately retained another search warrant of Zach Adams home and at that time retrieved part of a mattress and took up the flooring in a certain room. They wouldn't just take Dylan's word for it. I think they have either unlocked Pearcey's phone video or they rushed the results of what was on the mattress taken in the last search warrant in September.

I expect that maybe other arrested suspects will also be charged with rape in the future.

(I'm just...confused.)

BBM: Correct. DA was indicted by a GJ yesterday of 2 counts of rape.

Mr. Noatak got it right, IMO, as to why DA was not charged with rape when he admitted to tampering with evidence.

See Mr. Notak's explanation below:

My opinions only, no facts here:

First we have the reported confession and then an indictment. Why a Grand Jury in a confession situation? My read is that the system generally works this way: after receiving a confession in the interrogation room, the authorities pursue a Grand Jury indictment, followed by a formal court appearance where the suspect (hopefully) pleads Guilty at arraignment. But, if the suspect shows up in court at arraignment and now pleads Not Guilty, then we will be back to where we started.

Maybe it would be easier for you to understand MK if you go back to all the articles around the time Dylan was arrested for tampering. DA Stowe said then that there would be more charges against suspects that were already arrested.

Once they knew of the rapes they immediately retained another search warrant of Zach Adams home and at that time retrieved part of a mattress and took up the flooring in a certain room. They wouldn't just take Dylan's word for it. I think they have either unlocked Pearcey's phone video or they rushed the results of what was on the mattress taken in the last search warrant in September.

I expect that maybe other arrested suspects will also be charged with rape in the future.

:seeya: Just jumping off your post here, OBE:

I think TBI/LE was waiting on the results of forensic/dna tests from the search that was conducted on the Adams property on September 18 and 19. And that way, they had the proof they needed for charges/indictment.

JMO !

:seeya: Hi MK,

BBM: Zach and Jason's "BFF," Shayne Austin, had an "immunity deal" -- but that deal is "up in the air" now.

From WKRN:

Austin, 29, was granted immunity from prosecution in exchange for helping investigators locate the body of Bobo, in March.

Austin, his attorney Luke Evans, TBI assistant special agent in charge Russ Winkler and 24th Judicial District Assistant District Attorney General Beth Boswell signed the agreement March 6 of this year.

According to the agreement the state &#8220;agrees to grant him immunity for all charges arising out of the disposal, destruction, burial and/or concealment of Holly Bobo&#8217;s Deceased body, conditioned upon him assisting us in recovering the body of Holly Lynn Bobo.&#8221;

But, the TBI and prosecutors later said he had not been truthful, cooperative or forthcoming.

More at Link: http://www.wkrn.com/story/25619520/shayne-austin-immunity-agreement-in-holly-bobo-case

I think TBI/LE was waiting on the results of forensic/dna tests from the search that was conducted on the Adams property on September 18 and 19. And that way, they had the proof they needed for charges/indictment.

JMO !

I agree! Here is the sentence from the paragraph:
District Attorney Stowe convened a special Grand Jury the 24th who returned TWO counts of Rape. District

This morning, the 24th District Attorney General Matt Stowe convened a special Grand Jury in Decatur County. The panel returned indictments against Adams on two counts of Rape. Adams was served with a capias in the Robertson County jail, where he has been held since being transported from the Madison County jail. He is currently being held without bond.
http://www.dnj.com/story/news/2014/10/14/john-dylan-adams-charged-rape-holly-bobo-case/17252811/

JMO !

I absolutely 100% concur with you Cutie!

Now we know why they all of a sudden returned to Zach Adams property and seized the mattress and flooring. It was all based on Dylan's statements.

If Dylan confessed to being involved he also told the TBI other names of those who were also involved imo.

I wouldn't be surprised if more are charged with rape as more and more results comes back in. I did believe the woman who testified against Pearcey and I think it will be shown that Zach also raped Holly repeatedly along with JA at least. IMO

If the TBI gets evidence of SAs involvement that will be more to fight his immunity deal. That may be what they are waiting on. We like to think all of the evidence sent in comes back quickly but we have seen in so many other cases that just isn't the case. I remember in the Heinz mass murder case they were still getting discovery right before trial and that case took four years before a trial was held. Also I remember in the Cesar Lauren case the evidence on the weapon he used wasn't returned to the DA until 17 days before trial and he had been jailed for a year awaiting trial.

And at anytime the police can go back to the evidence room and decide to test other evidence that hasn't been sent in yet.

IMO

RBBM:

- This allegation of DA having an "IQ of 70" is coming from a "family member."

- There is NO verifiable source that has stated that he has an IQ of 70, such as a professional who is qualified to administer and interpret IQ Tests.

IF anyone has a verifiable source from a professional or LE regarding this allegation, please post the link.

TIA !

Exactly, and must be looked at with a jaundice eye. "Over there' others have said he has ADD and some say he is dyslexic. That will not be enough to overcome what he has said in his statements to LE.

And if the defense team goes down this slippery slope I don't think it will end well for them. If they use Dylan's low IQ then imo, the jury will believe that he didn't have enough intelligence to concoct these statements and stick to them. And since DA Stowe has said they have a voluminous about of evidence against ZA and JA the evidence is also going to line up with Dylan's statements to police, imo.

At least Dylan has admitted that he was involved in raping Holly twice and I am sure the 'mattress' evidence will support that and may support more charges being brought against others. We all know by now that the TBI and this DA goes at their own pace.

I don't know who else may testify but I do think Dylan will. They may not have charged him with murder for now but told him they can do that at anytime if he fails to testify truthfully.

I believe the only one involved who has been truthful is Dylan. I sure wish the other sub-humans would man up and confess their role in Holly's rapes.

And ZAs knows Dylan knows the truth and that is why he threatened to put him in the same hole with Holly.

IMO

WSMV-TV, Nashville &#8207;@WSMV · 2m2 minutes ago
BREAKING NEWS: Charges dropped against two suspects in Holly Bobo murder case. http://bit.ly/1w3sN6j

DECATURVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
Charges filed against Dylan Adams and Mark Pearcy pertaining to the murder of Holly Bobo have been dismissed.

The state will not pursue the charges filed against Adams and Pearcy at this time, but retains the right to re-file any charges in the future

whoa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member