General Discussion #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like the children will be brought in to testify in front of the grand jury. It's a shame they will be put through that when their father could simply let them be interviewed by the police.

It is either the Grand Jury or wait until they turn 18! CS is not going to allow them to interview the children because they may have their own interpretation of the events that Monday evening.

There is only one reason for the leads to dry up...the person who holds the key to this case made certain there were no clues for the police to follow up on. Hopefully, the Grand Jury can tip the scales in favor of Lisa and her perpetrator will be pressured into a confession.

Not sure if this is a rerun, but Nancy Grace covered this last night:

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0709/03/ng.01.html

Nancy.....But the reality is, he`s not talking. He`s not helping police in any way. He`s not letting the kids talk. So why not go ahead and name him a person of interest and go ahead and lawyer up and clam up?

MICHAEL CARDOZA, DEFENSE ATTORNEY: I mean, when did this term "person of interest" come into vogue? When I was a district attorney, if the police were looking at you, you were simply called a suspect in the case.

Look, he`s been a suspect since day one. Let`s call him what he is. Let`s call him what he`s been all along, and that`s a suspect. So what are the police doing here? They`re certainly keeping national attention on this case by changing the terminology. It means nothing. He`s a suspect.

GRACE: Michael, finally, I get to answer a question for you after all these years. This is my theory on "person of interest" versus "suspect." As soon as the U.S. Supreme Court started ruling that once you`re officially designated a suspect, as opposed to a defendant -- used to be when you were an official defendant, you had been formally charged, your constitutional rights applied.

CARDOZA: Right.

GRACE: When you were arrested, your rights applied.

CARDOZA: Sure.

GRACE: Then when they started calling you a suspect and you haven`t been arrested, your rights applied.

CARDOZA: OK.

GRACE: So then they backed up to person of interest. I don`t know what it`s going to be next here!

Deb, that does explain more of why they don't use the term, "suspect" much anymore, doesn't it? I didn't realize as a suspect there would be certain "rights" which could be applied in the case. Interesting. Makes perfect sense now. Thanks for catching it!

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,295713,00.html

If this has already been posted, mods please delete.

CHICAGO — Prosecutors could subpoena missing suburban Chicago mom Lisa Stebic's two young children to help provide information about her disappearance nearly four months ago, according to a report.
Stebic's daughter, 11, and son, 12, were the last to see her alive on April 30, along with her husband, Craig Stebic.
“Obviously, it would be in the best interest of the children to not have to go before a grand jury and possibly be traumatized in such a big, scary environment in a courtroom like that but we understand that police have to do what they have to do," said Melanie Greenburg, Lisa's cousin.

Sadly there's no follow up article. I hope the children were subpoenaed.

What is taking them so long?!?!?! They are dragging their feet again!! Get the subpoena and get these interviews either done or get a GJ seated! This horse and pony show has gone on long enough.

What is taking them so long?!?!?! They are dragging their feet again!! Get the subpoena and get these interviews either done or get a GJ seated! This horse and pony show has gone on long enough.

Naming Craig Stebic the "Person of Interest" now, should hopefully get the ball rolling and get those kids in protective care and interviewed, ASAP.
The children can do "Play Therapy", if they are to afraid to speak out. I hope the authorities take this into consideration.

I would like to see Craig Stebic do a polygraph.

This case needs to keep moving, Lisa needs to be found.

They named him a POI weeks ago! It seems it is taking so long to get the Grand Jury seated. Too long!

The kids are old enough to be treated more like adults. They aren't small children. They are preteens. They should be able to interview them with the proper help from a psychologist or I say...go ahead and get that GJ moving! They will have a rougher time, but the kids will be fine. They want to know what happened to their mother, too.

I think even if he has done a brainwash job on them...the truth will come out. Besides, if the kids are still with his family and not with him...maybe they have had time to think about things he has said or done since their mom went missing. Kids are very intelligent.

I can't believe that he hasn't been arrested yet. What is taking so long. I wish that Lisa's body would be found but that might never happen. I hope that LE has enough evidence to really hang this arrogant guy. I'd hate for him to get off on a murder charge. Hope something happens soon. We have to many women missing that we know their husbands were involved.

Hmmm...I didn't even KNOW he had an older brother! I wonder why he wasn't mentioned before he got arrested for DUI etc.? This sure adds an interesting element to this case.

SS, I think the brother was mentioned early on in the case. I believe the sister in law in Michigan that was interviewed is his wife. I seem to recall him also being mentioned as hunting with Craig and their father so I think he lives in Michigan but has visited Craig since Lisa's disappearance.

I just finished reading an article in July's Readers Digest about a woman named Monica Caison and a national non-profit organization she founded to assist in finding missing persons, even cold cases. She has an outstanding track record: last year, they worked 540 cases, resolving 300, with more than half of the formerly missing turning up alive.

I hope I'm not bringing "old news" here, but here's a link to the org's website: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Also, RD has several other suggestions for help with cases such as this one: http://www.rd.com/missing/

Just don't want to leave any stone unturned.

I just finished reading an article in July's Readers Digest about a woman named Monica Caison and a national non-profit organization she founded to assist in finding missing persons, even cold cases. She has an outstanding track record: last year, they worked 540 cases, resolving 300, with more than half of the formerly missing turning up alive.

I hope I'm not bringing "old news" here, but here's a link to the org's website: http://www.ncmissingpersons.org/

Also, RD has several other suggestions for help with cases such as this one: http://www.rd.com/missing/

Just don't want to leave any stone unturned.

Thank you that's awesome information!!

SS, I think the brother was mentioned early on in the case. I believe the sister in law in Michigan that was interviewed is his wife. I seem to recall him also being mentioned as hunting with Craig and their father so I think he lives in Michigan but has visited Craig since Lisa's disappearance.
I guess I did know that, but it didn't register for some reason. :waitasec:

It would be worth going into his history tho...I hope LE did an extensive inquisition on him.

Clint Van Zandt, 61, spent 25 years in the FBI, his career peaking as supervisor of the agency's behavioral science unit. He is the founder and president of Fredericksburg, Va.-based Van Zandt Associates, an international threat and assessment group that specializes in behavioral and forensic analysis of cases such as Lisa Stebic's disappearance.

The Naperville Sun, a sister paper of The Herald News, asked Van Zant what he thought of Scott Stebic's arrest, and how it might impact proceedings surrounding the disappearance of Lisa Stebic.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/heraldnews/news/569424,4_1_JO22_STEBIC_S1.article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member