Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
From looking at the Croks photos on their WS, I have the sense that it is very much a 'social' sporting group & don't take themselves too seriously. E.g. camping trips, soft croc award etc. Seems like having a laugh & fun is the focus so am guessing anything, within reason is ok. Back to the gold shorts.....no I don't think they're silk boxers.....too fitted & fabric seems much heavier than silk ....IMO

"Bentley office*– Ewing St (Near Sevenoaks Street)"

http://whirlpool.net.au/wiki/aeg_wa

Australian Exchange Guide - WA Listing

Western Australia

For a Google Earth Placemark showing locations of Perth exchanges, visit*http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showthre...5817&page=0&vc=1&PHPSESSID=#Post175817Current as of June 2006. Excellent for working out your distance from exchange, using Google Earth's "Measure" tool. Placemarks also show availability of third part DSLAMS, and telephone number ranges. Note: not all exchange locations may be 100% accurate

Sent from my HTC 2PQ910 using Tapatalk

From looking at the Croks photos on their WS, I have the sense that it is very much a 'social' sporting group & don't take themselves too seriously. E.g. camping trips, soft croc award etc. Seems like having a laugh & fun is the focus so am guessing anything, within reason is ok. Back to the gold shorts.....no I don't think they're silk boxers.....too fitted & fabric seems much heavier than silk ....IMO

Wearing different coloured short in Masters footy usually signifies that player is in a different age group and if they are an older age that the team grade, you are not allowed to tackle them and they come under special rules. However, gold silky boxers are most likely to be worn as a punishment or special award perhaps for being the most drunk and making a fool of yourself or similar in a tournament or after game function, IMO.

attachment.php

Photo source my personal copyright.

Maybe gardening is a safer topic. Anyone recognise this plant please?

Attachments

• Mystery plant..JPG
    Mystery plant..JPG
    100.1 KB · Views: 286
Microfiche!!! Thank you. That probably means I'm unable to pore over older papers like you've been able to do. My curiosity is making me itch. LOL. (Must admit I'm a little envious.) That definitely explains the "gleam" on them — it's the microfiche viewer!

:tyou:

FYI - I already informed you that the source was microfilm!
Microfiche = microfilm.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.
[emoji317][emoji317][emoji317]

Right! Thanks.

The original poster confirmed it was microfiche (not quite the same thing as microfilm but that's nbd), and was able to answer my questions about the publication name and print dates.

Microfiche = microfilm.

Posts are purely my own opinion unless otherwise stated with source links. All my original text and images remain exclusively my personal copyright.

attachment.php

Source my personal copyright

Slightly different angle, although still not quite right.

The gold shorts look like a pair of silk shorts like ones worn as an undergarment. In the photograph he was in the middle, did BRE play a special part in the match. Why aren't the others wearing the gold silk shorts.

It's a special annual footy match where ALL the players wear their boxer shorts on the field for this one game.
BRE wore gold ones.
This info is found on the teams website.

Microfiche = microfilm.

I think you'll find microfilm is the original copy and microfiche is the end product.

I think you'll find microfilm is the original copy and microfiche is the end product.

Thanks.
However in my experience the terms both mean the same thing.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/microfiche

It's a special annual footy match where ALL the players wear their boxer shorts on the field for this one game.
BRE wore gold ones.
This info is found on the teams website.

Yes your right Spooks I remember it being posted and discussed

There's a lot to dig through here if anyone has a lot of time to look for pictures and stories of Telecom/Telstra employees.
Try narrowing the search to the Telecom/Telstra Depots at Ewing St Bentley and then 138 Kewdale Rd Kewdale
http://pandora.nla.gov.au/tep/55524

At one time you could go into the Battye and read the public service year books. It would list all the government departments and all those working in them. I can't remember when it changed but a combination of Privacy Act and selling off to private companies stopped the publication. I think there had to be a change to an act of Parliament as it was the law to list government paid workers.

You can still look at the books up to the time they stopped publication.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Source 1 Claremont Ghost Hint 7. 2 and 3 my personal copyright.

Thanks to those that answered my query on what sort of plant photo's 2 and 3 could be. Probably not the same as in hint 7, what about the leafy one in the background? My photo taken around 10 years later than hint 7 I believe. However, from descriptions on blogs and seeing the original image of hint 7 I think this could be the building depicted in the hint. It does look like a number painted on the building which is still there.

Attachments

• Hint7_closeup.jpg
    Hint7_closeup.jpg
    19.8 KB · Views: 267
  • Mystery_plant_2.jpg
    Mystery_plant_2.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 256
  • Closeup_plants.jpg
    Closeup_plants.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 257
This comment is interesting for you all.
<modsnip>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member