The Baby

I'm still waiting for 2nd Autopsy Report confirmation myself. I'm getting to the point where I believe one half of what I read, and less than that to what I hear :(

ok, am i mistaken, or didn't the 1st autopsy state the baby was a girl????...i can't even remember where i heard/read it was a girl!

Then why did NG report it tonight as a boy?! It wasn't an old show or a rerun. Did her staff just royally screw up?!

Then why did NG report it tonight as a boy?! It wasn't an old show or a rerun. Did her staff just royally screw up?!

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]Who knows if it was current or not. She's rehashed old news or speculations over and over. However I think she would have made the statement something like "this just in, or confirmation made", but she didn't. [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]She also the other night got all horrified about the report that Maria had he throat cut post-mortem and that had been reported previously on her own station.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, helvetica, sans-serif]To me the sex doesn't matter, but it may in the end if Maria knowingly knew the sex and lied about it.[/FONT]

What happened? Ultrasounds are usually accurate now, depending on how late in pregnancy the genitalia are scanned.

Did Maria lie about the sex of the baby? Why would she?

Jana:

Maria's last medical appointment that she went to was 11/26/07 (according to the Marine Press Conference) and supposedly it was said that the baby weighed at least 6 pounds.

It's been 23 years since I have last given birth, and I honestly can't recall if a sonogram was a routine practice to do. But if one had been done on Maria, I would think if the doctor can say the weight of baby, why not the gender??

Yes, I have heard of stories where the doctor has said it's a girl, and then it was a boy, and vice versa. But it appears from what has been said from the family, that Maria was sure it was a boy.

I'm still stomping patiently for the final autopsy reports on the gender of the baby.

What happened? Ultrasounds are usually accurate now, depending on how late in pregnancy the genitalia are scanned.

I remember reading somewhere that the angle of the baby in her uterus on the day of the ultrasound made identification of the baby's gender uncertain.

That does sound plausible,
but OTOH, they might just be "not telling" for some reason.

Why am I still stomping waiting for the FINAL results of the baby's gender?

Has it been officially announced that it has been DEFINTATELY DETERMINED that the fetus was a girl or a boy??

:mad:

Has it been officially announced that it has been DEFINTATELY DETERMINED that the fetus was a girl or a boy??
I haven't read a thing LD confirming one way or another or if the DNA matched Cesar Laurean or not.

TG:

Thanks for your response. Don't you find that odd since the remains were recovered on January 10/11th??

Today is February 6th. So we are looking at close to a month and yet no results??

Or do they know and it's being undisclosed because of the furor it would cause??? That doesn't seem possible, as it already caused a furor from the original DNA results that it was a girl. And yet, Maria, her family, and even us here all thought it was a boy.

Still stomping..............

TG:

Thanks for your response. Don't you find that odd since the remains were recovered on January 10/11th??

Today is February 6th. So we are looking at close to a month and yet no results??

Or do they know and it's being undisclosed because of the furor it would cause??? That doesn't seem possible, as it already caused a furor from the original DNA results that it was a girl. And yet, Maria, her family, and even us here all thought it was a boy.

Still stomping..............
At this point I just don't know why they aren't saying anything. Could be part of the investigation, but how I don't know, unless the DNA didn't match CAL.

:mad:

I admit I have not read here in probably the last 2 weeks. I am trying to get caught up. I thought they determined the baby was a girl, but when I read the ulogy (sp) they still were saying Gabriel Joseph and referred to the baby as a boy! Surely it must have been a boy after all? WTH is going on?

Opinion - I think there are additional details in the autopsy that will result in addtional charges so the autopsy is being held until the arrest. Or, there are conflicting opinions in the results and the person signing the final report is not ready to issue a decision yet. That is why I was asking if additonal charges could be added after he was arrested.

gardenmom:

I agree, WTH is going on???? I think Crime-Dreamer might be right for either one or both of the reasons that she/he posted. But even then, I don't think making an anouncement of the sex of the baby would compromise anything. Maybe it really was a girl as was stated in the initial autopsy report, but Mary and the family knowing that Maria believed the baby to be a boy up to her death, wanted to honor her belief even in death.

Just wondering if anyone has any update on the DNA results. I've looked but I can't find anything.
Sherryggg

I know about lots of ultrasounds that are wrong. The technology may be better but the person reading them may not be.

There are some who are quite sure that Cesar is not the baby's father. I can't recall exactly where I read that..maybe in the blog..the one where Captain Sutherland answers questions..and the one where the journalist Lindell Kay also does investigaive reporting on this story. I believe he said his sources were telling him that Cesar was not the father of Maria's baby. He said his source seemed to be pretty sure. Could that be the reason Cesar killed Maria? Was he so angry with her, even though she was leaving town, that he went into a full blown rage...because she had brought misery and turmoil to his life. Or could it be he loved her and then she told him the baby wasn't his and she was leaving, he went crazy and didn't want to lose her? Did he find out that she was having sex with someone else and lost his temper. Or did he premeditate the murder of Maria to remove her and the baby and the DNA from his life....ya gotta think the reason he burned her body was to destroy as much of the DNA as he could. Such an interesting case... very very sad though that 2 human beings lost their lives.

Just wondering if anyone has any update on the DNA results. I've looked but I can't find anything.
Sherryggg

The last I heard is the DNA testing to determine who the father is has not been done. They said they are going to wait until Laurean returns.

Sounds real fishy to me since they can identify a deceased Marine or a soldier coming back from Iraq just from having a strand of their hair.

There is plenty of his DNA in his own home. I think they are stalling or the initial results weren't what they wanted so they are going to retest. I did find it interesting that Hudson ,I believe it was, said they would be testing potential father(s).

imoo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back