CA CA - Carol, 21, & Bobby Bella, 3, Corcoran, 17 Nov 1983

mfmangel1

Reaction score
A Cold Case in California Heats Up
Police Identify a Person of Interest as Observers Hope for Justice Long Delayed

http://a.abcnews.com/images/site/story/byline_abcnews.gif

Feb. 17, 2007 — It was 24 years ago that Carol Bella, a former high school cheerleader with two small children, was brutally stabbed to death in her , home.

The young mother and her 3-year-old son Bobby were each stabbed more than a dozen times. Her 2-year-old daughter Jennifer was spared because she was sleeping at her grandmother's house that night.

Today, Jennifer Bella is 26 years old and still looking for justice for the mother and brother she remembers only through pictures.

"There's still a bond," she says. "She's my mother. I think that she deserved the chance to have a family, to raise a family. … And my brother, he deserved to live his life. It just breaks my heart to know that they were taken away so young in such a manner that's just cruel."

Jennifer's partner in her quest to find the killer is the Corcoran Police Department. The murder of Carol Bella is the only unsolved case in the department's books.

Recently retired police Commander Randall Leach spent the last several years chasing leads on Bella's homicide.

"This case is a very, very serious crime," says Leach. "It's a double homicide, but more than that, it's the killing of a mother and her young son, in their own home — a brutal stabbing."

The town of Corcoran has had just one murder in seven years, so Carol Bella's unsolved killing has left a deep scar not just with police and family, but with the entire community.

And now, almost a quarter-century after the killings, the cold trail is finally warming up. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Bella's killer.

More at link: http://abcnews.go.com/WNT/LegalCenter/story?id=2884206&page=1

I wonder why the break-up with her boyfriend didn't make him a big person of interest all those years ago. So sad for their family.

Quite a age difference between them..
Wonder what became of the DNA forensics? Her poor daughter still not knowing.
From 2006

upload_2020-11-21_8-50-44.jpeg

Debbie Hawk development giving hope to unsolved Valley cases
Nearly 34 years later, Corcoran Police are still investigating the murder, but Bella's family still has no answers.

2016 Article and video
Snip:
"They described it as a roller coaster," Cramer said. "You know every time they see our face bringing in some new information or explaining some new technology that we're going to use to analyze evidence, it certainly brings some feelings of hope, but it also reminds them of the frustration that has occurred over the last 30 plus years."

But Cramer says technology has come a long way in that time. They're currently trying to extract DNA from evidence in a lab. They've tested some pieces of evidence more than once and have re-interviewed original witnesses.”

It is 2021. I am Carol's daughter and Little Bobby's (Robert Bella III, 3 YRS OLD) sister. LET ME CLEAR THIS UP...MY GRANDMOTHER (CAROL'S MOM) AND I WERE THE ONE'S WHO FOUND THEM!The man who stabbed them and killed them lives right down the street from where I work. He is living a life of honor based upon military (he is a native) and the military is something that my family is engaged and actively participating in. He has yet to be apprehended. There is still no weapon nor witnesses that will come forth. We have nothing but circumstantial evidence that is not good enough for the DA TO FOLLOW UP ON. I cannot comprehend the lack of concern that the Corcoran Police Department has given this case as it is the ONLY unsolved murder in our town.

I'm suspicious of DeAngelo for this one. Carol's sister lived in Visalia at the time of the murder. She and Carol's other sister were victims of a cat burglar in 1977 while living in Tulare and DeAngelo is known to have been working in Porterville on a house in 1981.

It is 2021. I am Carol's daughter and Little Bobby's (Robert Bella III, 3 YRS OLD) sister. LET ME CLEAR THIS UP...MY GRANDMOTHER (CAROL'S MOM) AND I WERE THE ONE'S WHO FOUND THEM!The man who stabbed them and killed them lives right down the street from where I work. He is living a life of honor based upon military (he is a native) and the military is something that my family is engaged and actively participating in. He has yet to be apprehended. There is still no weapon nor witnesses that will come forth. We have nothing but circumstantial evidence that is not good enough for the DA TO FOLLOW UP ON. I cannot comprehend the lack of concern that the Corcoran Police Department has given this case as it is the ONLY unsolved murder in our town.
Become a verified member please! Then you can post freely! Verification Process for Professional or Insider Posters

A Cold Case in California Heats Up
Police Identify a Person of Interest as Observers Hope for Justice Long Delayed

Feb. 17, 2007 — It was 24 years ago that Carol Bella, a former high school cheerleader with two small children, was brutally stabbed to death in her , home.

The young mother and her 3-year-old son Bobby were each stabbed more than a dozen times. Her 2-year-old daughter Jennifer was spared because she was sleeping at her grandmother's house that night.

Today, Jennifer Bella is 26 years old and still looking for justice for the mother and brother she remembers only through pictures.

"There's still a bond," she says. "She's my mother. I think that she deserved the chance to have a family, to raise a family. … And my brother, he deserved to live his life. It just breaks my heart to know that they were taken away so young in such a manner that's just cruel."

Jennifer's partner in her quest to find the killer is the Corcoran Police Department. The murder of Carol Bella is the only unsolved case in the department's books.

Recently retired police Commander Randall Leach spent the last several years chasing leads on Bella's homicide.

"This case is a very, very serious crime," says Leach. "It's a double homicide, but more than that, it's the killing of a mother and her young son, in their own home — a brutal stabbing."

The town of Corcoran has had just one murder in seven years, so Carol Bella's unsolved killing has left a deep scar not just with police and family, but with the entire community.

And now, almost a quarter-century after the killings, the cold trail is finally warming up. California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger is offering a $50,000 reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Bella's killer.
Justice for Bella!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineSteph
Back