Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
So at that point of time the taxis in commission were what model of car ?
Did taxi drivers wear uniform ?
Wouldnt alarm bells ring if you got into a cab that had no meter ?? Maybe that was the trigger point for that female to jump from the cab ........

Folks, please check your links before submitting your post. You need proper links. If your link is missing or doesn't work, your post gets removed. NO LINK, NO POST.

Also, please respect The Rules relating to copyright: No more than 10% of an article

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?267812-Copyright-10-Rule

So at that point of time the taxis in commission were what model of car ?
Did taxi drivers wear uniform ?
Wouldnt alarm bells ring if you got into a cab that had no meter ?? Maybe that was the trigger point for that female to jump from the cab ........

No uniforms... needed to display licence in cab.
Swans preferred white cars... there were some black but mainly white for Swan Taxis. Mostly holdens or fords at that stage.
Black & white and Tricolour/independent taxis were any colour.

Came across this letter to Editor from SR, originally posted by Papertrail:

Note white shirt, black trousers are often worn by waiting staff.

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...h-Western-Australia-6&p=12890989#post12890989

Attachments

• spier_ross_red.jpg
    spier_ross_red.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 131
So what's the thoughts? They all hired cabs that came along meaning suspect would have to be a "fake taxi" Sarah did not have much time To go missing.

Edit ciara was likely hailing a cab given she took a chance of walking further down where they were more frequent

From Frankie, one of the three eyewitness at bustop, a holden car slowed down but none stopped and she wasn't leaning over talking to a stopped vehicle.

Also according to CIA documentary Jane had refused a cab with her friends when they drove past her as she was standing at the pole waiting outside Conti. This wasn't shown in the cctv footage. She was standing at a disabled parking bay, not a taxi stand and unlikely to be waiting for one.

Extra footage from flect [video=youtube;nNNF1E3mg3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbbg-FVij4c[/url] shows headlights from approaching car and three people hailing it (see headlights and guy with hand out, as if it was a cab). They get knocked back and maybe Jane leans over to talk in passenger window. However although timestamp is hard to make out it seems to be 00.03.06am (3 minutes 6 seconds past 12 midnight). Jane is still standing at pole at 00.04.20am (4 minutes 20 seconds past midnight). She is gone in the next footage shown at 00.04.52 (4 minutes 52 seconds past midnight). see images below from CIA video.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNN...ttachment.php?attachmentid=121649&stc=1[/IMG]

Attachments

• 00.03.06_three_looking for taxi.JPG
    00.03.06_three_looking for taxi.JPG
    26.6 KB · Views: 127
  • 00.04.20_lastvision.jpg
    00.04.20_lastvision.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 189
  • 00.04.52_JRgone.jpg
    00.04.52_JRgone.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 181
Came across this letter to Editor from SR, originally posted by Papertrail:

Note white shirt, black trousers are often worn by waiting staff.

attachment.php

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...er-1996-1997-Perth-Western-Australia-6/page20

If he cancelled her call, her name would not just appear on his screen. He had to be:
a) vacant (when he wasn't, he already had a fare in the car, he said so himself) and logged into the dispatch area as vacant.
b) she would have then had to call in again for another taxi if her original call was cancelled. Cancelled to a computer means exactly that. Cancelled. Will not be allocated.
c) He would have to be at his computer screen to receive notification he has a job, then to accept the job before her name and job details come up. He could not get job details without being vacant and closest available car. He would then get notification that there was a job, he would then have to either accept or reject the job before any details are revealed. He already had a fare in the car that was going to Dalkeith.

And, there was no computer record of a taxi being called by Sarah Spiers thst night. Even if her job was canceled, the record stays in the system with a cancelled message and an added notation indicating who cancelled the job.

So we are to believe that he despite being engaged (had a fare already), managed to cancel Sarahs call 9of which there was no record), put himself as available (when he wasn't), accept a job (despite having another fare) and it was Sarah's? No.

Assuming that they have the right man and considering that SS may have also been a victim...
Imagining also that he may have wanted to recall where he left her............

Thinking about his age, and his name at school, his last name contains the word ARSE.

Using coordinates of GPO Perth and the word ARSE (118.195) is the vicinity of Bruce Rock. MOO

My personal view is that we cannot rule out that there may have been other assailants or an accomplice who assisted the CSK which involved a taxi:

Below are some incidents at the time which involved a taxi in Claremont and near CG site.

1996 - SS
“It was just before 2am when a tired Sarah Spiers told a friend she was going to grab a cab and head home for the night.”
Records show a call was placed at 2.06am, with Sarah telling the taxi dispatcher she would be waiting at the corner of Stirling Highway and Stirling Road.

But when the cab arrived exactly eight minutes later, Sarah had vanished.
https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/the-...-from-a-claremont-street-corner-ng-b88337785z

rsbm

Bunnie, can I please ask you if this timeline is correct for the placement of SS call and arrival of taxi? I've seen some reports say 3 minutes, or the taxi arriving at 2.08 am and SS was gone. Both seem very short intervals, so can you please confirm which is correct?

Bunnie, can I please ask you if this timeline is correct for the placement of SS call and arrival of taxi? I've seen some reports say 3 minutes, or the taxi arriving at 2.08 am and SS was gone. Both seem very short intervals, so can you please confirm which is correct?

Fact: The time between call placed and taxi arrival is correct. The phone she called from was on a main road. Taxi was very close when he received the job.

My own opinion: CSK had already earmarked her as a target and was there and ready to strike/blitz/trick (insert whatever method he used) as she was making the call. Perhaps he followed her down the road or whatever, but IMHO he had already decided she was on his shopping list before/while she was making the call.

So so your a blitz theoriest ?

Fact: The time between call placed and taxi arrival is correct. The phone she called from was on a main road. Taxi was very close when he received the job.

My own opinion: CSK had already earmarked her as a target and was there and ready to strike/blitz/trick (insert whatever method he used) as she was making the call. Perhaps he followed her down the road or whatever, but IMHO he had already decided she was on his shopping list before/while she was making the call.

Thanks Bunnie, I agree.

I do wonder if he was the same guy she met the night before who'd been watching her and she would have got in to his car without much persuasion, IMO.

Note that if the taxi driver was not reliable on some details, there was the independent witness who contact police immediately (and was ignored) about the man he saw with her that morning.

So so your a blitz theoriest ?

Yes, i lean towards blitz theory, given how the Karrakatta attack went down.

Ted Bundy was a good example of how quickly and effectively a man can blitz and snatch.
IMHO the accused had quite strong looking forearms, purely judging from his handshake photos.

On a side note , people should be turned over in jobs every few years it limits corruption , builds skills and people actually have to perform not garnish a wage for nothing or flip flopping.

I assume getting pummelled by a cast , would subdue most vulnerable people
Yes, i lean towards blitz theory, given how the Karrakatta attack went down.

Ted Bundy was a good example of how quickly and effectively a man can blitz and snatch.
IMHO the accused had quite strong looking forearms, purely judging from his handshake photos.

I assume getting pummelled by a cast , would subdue most vulnerable people

Hammer too. Hidden on the top of the rear wheel of his parked car. Lured them to the car, grabbed the hammer and whack. Bundy was quite the talker once he started.

Hammer too. Hidden on the top of the rear wheel of his parked car. Lured them to the car, grabbed the hammer and whack. Bundy was quite the talker once he started.

Only women tho , his infamous and gutless , apprehending him would of been a hoot , but imho police bungles led to his tally being so high . Americas jurisdictions play apart in many high counts that are current .

So we are to believe that he despite being engaged (had a fare already), managed to cancel Sarahs call 9of which there was no record), put himself as available (when he wasn't), accept a job (despite having another fare) and it was Sarah's? No.

As a onetime regular user of taxis as I don't drive, on many occasions I have observed the rules being bent. Especially at certain times such as the end of a shift. With several punters waiting, a driver may select someone who says they are going on his route home and tell a couple of others to get in to be dropped of in stages.

In this case the first woman may have just got in the car the driver may have gone round to haul her out thinking she might be sick, Sarah then got in and the man followed maybe thinking he was in with a chance. The driver calculated the drop off order and off they went.

Despite being put together with the best intentions rules and reggs are often bypassed or only partly complied with.

As a onetime regular user of taxis as I don't drive, on many occasions I have observed the rules being bent. Especially at certain times such as the end of a shift. With several punters waiting, a driver may select someone who says they are going on his route home and tell a couple of others to get in to be dropped of in stages.

In this case the first woman may have just got in the car the driver may have gone round to haul her out thinking she might be sick, Sarah then got in and the man followed maybe thinking he was in with a chance. The driver calculated the drop off order and off they went.

Despite being put together with the best intentions rules and reggs are often bypassed or only partly complied with.
True..he may have just picked them up and did a triple fare share (usually not done with strangers) ...but he could not have cancelled her job and then receive a job for her on his screen after it was cancelled unless she rang through again. The computer didn't work that way. If he did pick her up then he dropped in on someone else's fare then made up that bogus story about cancelling and getting it on his screen to try and cover his butt. Dropping in or fare stealing was an offence dealt with by the TCB and he would have earned himself a holiday.
The whole rang through, cancelled, rdceivec new job thing is simply not true. There was no evidence of her calling at all. He said in that letter he got a job with her name SARAH SPIERS on the job. Not true. Nit in the computer records. Cancelled jobs stayed in the system as cancelled. They could not be deleted.

Thanks Bunnie, I agree.

I do wonder if he was the same guy she met the night before who'd been watching her and she would have got in to his car without much persuasion, IMO.

Note that if the taxi driver was not reliable on some details, there was the independent witness who contact police immediately (and was ignored) about the man he saw with her that morning.

Hi Innerchild,

I have spent the past hour trying to find anything about the independent witness you refer to above. He was a landlord who owned an apartment in the same building Sarah Speirs and her sister lived in. He witnessed Sarah and a tall man with black hair leaving the building as if going for breakfast. I think his name was David Bodain. I just want to know what came of the story. It makes sense to me it may have been the accused CSK. That's why she got into his car in the early hours of 27 Jan 1996. I will keep searching for the article

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelKeell