Kevin DuBrow found dead in his home

Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

Like part of my childhood has died.

RIP

Wow. I don't really follow current music trends, but this makes me sad. I remember listening to this album over and over and over...

Like part of my childhood has died.

RIP

They had more than one album. :) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :)

Oh, this is sad :(

I loved Quiet Riot in the 80's, too.

Metal Health is a classic. I'm going to listen to it in tribute. RIP

They had more than one album. :) I've always been told I'm an album listener instead of a top 40 listener (like it's a bad thing?) ha ha! I'm guessing the album you're thinking of is Metal Health? Right? Do I get a cookie? :)

Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing *advertiser censored* on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

Payback is a . My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.:doh:

Well, yes, I know there was more than one album, but I was specifically remembering being about 13 and playing *advertiser censored* on Feel the Noize over and over and over again...as soon as it ended I'd lift the needle (yes, the needle!) and restart it. My poor parents!

Payback is a . My sons both are metalheads and play their iPods at ear shattering volume.:doh:

haha, i had that ALBUM too! on my cool little record player. i loved that song. and i was also 13. it was actually on the radio a few days ago (before he even died) and my son, who is 13 asked who it was and i went into a WHOLE history of my 'metal' phase as a teenager. we cranked it up on the radio. i notice they use it in a gum commercial too. he liked the rocking out version MUCH better though!

poor kevin. RIP

My daughter is a metalhead and plays her cellphone/music player/cd player/car stereo etc. at ear shattering volume as well. THANKFULLY, I am a metal head too - and it's wonderful! :)

It's so sad that he was dead for days before someone even checked on him.
--i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

So how come this thread is in Up To The Minute, and he ends up dead from a cocaine overdose, while the death of rapper Pimp C was most likely of natural causes but got moved from here to Crimes In The News? *hides* :)

--i think "pathetic" is a better word to describe his death--taking cocaine in his '50's!--didn't he know what cocaine does to the heart?? apparently he didn't learn from Richard Pryor, George Carlin, or Sam Peckinpah--what a dumbazz

You'd think as long as he was doing cocaine, he'd know the right "dose" by now...

Just kidding. I think it's sad. I liked his voice, well, still do. Donna and I have played Quiet Riot in the car ever since the news first broke.

Wow this is the first that I had heard of this....Quiet Riot was my first Concert, I was 13 and my friend and I got to go with her Older sister, we thought we were soooo cool. lol, It was in Indianapolis at the old Market Square Arena which has been torn down, I think it was where Elivs played his last concert too.....

no surprise... i was just waiting for them to say it.

Wow this is the first that I had heard of this....Quiet Riot was my first Concert, I was 13 and my friend and I got to go with her Older sister, we thought we were soooo cool. lol, It was in Indianapolis at the old Market Square Arena which has been torn down, I think it was where Elivs played his last concert too.....

That is where *I* saw them too! I was about 16, though. And just in case you didn't know - you didn't just think you were soooo cool, you WERE. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708
Back