Let's List Evidence That Ties Casey To The Crime Scene...

It's all the little pieces put together.......MOO

You are sooo right, Panthera! And, the only "real" person who can be verified to have been last seen with Caylee is KC. GA puts them together leaving the house on the 16th. Unless they can produce THE ZFG, then KC is the only person who could have put her there. jmo

After reading all of the responses to the question, "List Evidence that Ties Casey to the Crime Scene", I am seeing mostly things that scream out Casey is guilty and I agree 100%.
But, we are looking for something that directly ties her to that particular spot on Suburban Dr. What proof has been found that she walked on those grounds?

The biggest thing they've got is the duct tape (correction, the VERY RARE duct tape), which has been mentioned in this thread in detail already. In MY opinion, that alone should be very telling for a jury. Sure, fingerprints, hairs, & fibers that matched the home, or better yet KC herself would have been great.

I agree the duct tape is huge. Duct tape found wrapped around a 2-year old's face that matches duct tape found on the gas cans just can not be explained away by the defense in my opinion.

The other big thing the prosecution has, IMO, is Casey's lies. She lied over and over again to LE. Lied to family and friends for 31 days. LE even has her on tape being asked by the detective how have your lies helped find Caylee, and Casey replies they haven't. Still to this day she has not told the truth and the defense can't say she lied and then kept silent to protect Caylee anymore now that Caylee is deceased.

Does anyone know if the recordings of Casey will be able to be played for the jury? To me hearing her voice will be so much more powerful than people testifying to it. For instance will the LE interview at Universal that I reference above and the first telephone call to home that LolaMoon mentioned in a post upthread be played in court? If the jury gets to hear that phone call instead of just hearing Kristina testify about it, I think it will have a much bigger impact.

I can't think of anything else besides the pings that could actually tie her to the scene, we are talking about Suburban Dr, right?
There is the woman who claimed to see her car backed in, don't know if she's a witness or not.
All of the items found with Caylee were from the Anthony house but there's no "proof" as to who is responsible for them being there.
I am certainly not saying I think Casey's innocent but, what proof is there really tying her to the scene?
Early in the case, LP said there were certain terpenes found on the undercarriage of her car, that could be a definite piece of evidence.
If the prosecution has some hard evidence tying her to being there we have not yet seen it.

Your talking about the need to throw someone under the bus to explain that all those connections are not ICA.

Since ICA texted to CA some of her 'stories' of why she can't come home or the family can't see Caylee, that will pretty much be used to prove that ICA admiting that the family didn't have Caylee, SHE had Caylee. And she had her car. Her friends she was hanging with are witnesses that she had her car during that time. Up until it ran out of gas and was towed.

If terpenes found under the car is considered a 'definite' piece of evidence, then the evidence of the body being in the car after death, would be even more so. As shown, she, not anyone else in her family, had the car.

As been stated, The witness talking about the many times she backed into the house/garage during the 31 days. Giving time for her to clean and or take items from the home, to toss with the body. Proof she tossed it? Nope. But who ever tossed, had to have access to the home to get it. And that would be GA, CA, LA, and ICA. Only ICA claims to have Caylee during that time.

After reading all of the responses to the question, "List Evidence that Ties Casey to the Crime Scene", I am seeing mostly things that scream out Casey is guilty and I agree 100%.
But, we are looking for something that directly ties her to that particular spot on Suburban Dr. What proof has been found that she walked on those grounds?

Caylee's remains.

Since there is evidence that the body was in the car after death, IMHO, that ties ICA to the scene.

The only way it would not, if there was some evidence of someone else dumping the body for her. So far, I don't see any evidence of that. She even waits until GA leaves to go back to the house. Maybe to clean the car. IF anyone was involved in the 'dump', the would have been involved in the clean up of the car. No one was seen while she was 'caught' by witnesses with her car backed up to the house/garage.

Your talking about the need to throw someone under the bus to explain that all those connections are not ICA.

Since ICA texted to CA some of her 'stories' of why she can't come home or the family can't see Caylee, that will pretty much be used to prove that ICA admiting that the family didn't have Caylee, SHE had Caylee. And she had her car. Her friends she was hanging with are witnesses that she had her car during that time. Up until it ran out of gas and was towed.

If terpenes found under the car is considered a 'definite' piece of evidence, then the evidence of the body being in the car after death, would be even more so. As shown, she, not anyone else in her family, had the car.

As been stated, The witness talking about the many times she backed into the house/garage during the 31 days. Giving time for her to clean and or take items from the home, to toss with the body. Proof she tossed it? Nope. But who ever tossed, had to have access to the home to get it. And that would be GA, CA, LA, and ICA. Only ICA claims to have Caylee during that time.

You might be misunderstanding my point. I am only trying to provoke some thoughts about the title of this thread. Very specifically, we are looking for evidence that proves Casey was at the scene where Caylee was found. Actual physical evidence.
We all seem in complete agreement that she is guilty of killing her daughter, but what will the State use/say to the jury to make them 100% certain that she was in or near those woods?
Is there matching mud on her shoes or her tires, or in her car?
Did she accidently drop some personal belonging there?

You might be misunderstanding my point. I am only trying to provoke some thoughts about the title of this thread. Very specifically, we are looking for evidence that proves Casey was at the scene where Caylee was found. Actual physical evidence.
We all seem in complete agreement that she is guilty of killing her daughter, but what will the State use/say to the jury to make them 100% certain that she was in or near those woods?
Is there matching mud on her shoes or her tires, or in her car?
Did she accidently drop some personal belonging there?

Which is exactly what I think Caylee's body being in the trunk does. Just as much as mud found on the car. And I believe I addressed the way the state could use/say to the jury. I'm not understanding what the misunderstanding is?

Since some of the items found are items that would/should be in the home.. those are personal items of hers/family. This too is a 'link'. The pooh blanket is a biggie. The items are not from some one elses home, but the A's. Either killed at the A's. OR her body was prepared at the A's. This points to a family member. Which, all the evidence points to ICA being the only family member who had the car and had the child. ICA even confirms. The only time she says different is when she talks about the Nanny.

On a side note. Not hard evidence that can be used. But ICA might have been trying to pre-explain those personal items (pooh blanket, tape, etc) that could only be from the A's home, by saying that the Nanny had a key to the A's home.

Hello everyone. First post for me.
The smell of death in the car.
Not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days.
Casey's many, many Lies and changing stories.
Her lack of any emotion regarding her missing child.

welcomeb.gif
to Websleuths Ricki

Just a wild guess here and very hopeful thinking...KC's fingerprint and DNA from the crime scene...yet to be released by the SA to the defense. Fingers crosses here...other than that and what had already been posted, I'd add the trash bags.

Which is exactly what I think Caylee's body being in the trunk does. Just as much as mud found on the car. And I believe I addressed the way the state could use/say to the jury. I'm not understanding what the misunderstanding is?

Since some of the items found are items that would/should be in the home.. those are personal items of hers/family. This too is a 'link'. The pooh blanket is a biggie. The items are not from some one elses home, but the A's. Either killed at the A's. OR her body was prepared at the A's. This points to a family member. Which, all the evidence points to ICA being the only family member who had the car and had the child. ICA even confirms. The only time she says different is when she talks about the Nanny.

On a side note. Not hard evidence that can be used. But ICA might have been trying to pre-explain those personal items (pooh blanket, tape, etc) that could only be from the A's home, by saying that the Nanny had a key to the A's home.

LOL, I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding or being misunderstood.:waitasec: I absolutely agree that the totality of each sequence of her actions say she was the one who put Caylee there.
As nums24 has pointed out, the cell phone pings put her in that area and should carry much weight with the jury. I think I'll just leave it at that.:blowkiss:

Hello everyone. First post for me.
The smell of death in the car.
Not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days.
Casey's many, many Lies and changing stories.
Her lack of any emotion regarding her missing child.

:Welcome-12-june: Ricki !!

IMO, Caylee's remains are the biggest piece of evidence that links Casey Anthony to the Suburban site. Like others have pointed out, it all ties together.

Casey was the last one on the face of this earth to be seen with an alive Caylee. The person that Casey claims to be the last person to be seen with Caylee doesn't even exist.

Casey's car has evidence that a decomposing body was inside it. Her own parents made comments that the car smelled like a dead body. LE said it smelled like a dead body. The towyard guy said it smelled like a car where a man had commited suicide. The biggest piece of evidence, IMO, that confirms that a dead Caylee was in that trunk is the piece of hair with the death-band that matches Caylee.

When Caylee's remains were found there were things that could have only come from the Anthony's home. You have the duct tape. The Winnie the Pooh blanket. The little pair of shorts that do not match what Caylee was wearing when she George said they left the house on June 16th.

Okay, so Casey says that Zenaida had a key to the house? The jury is going to know for fact that a nanny by the name of Zenaida Fernandez Gonzales does not even exist by the time they get to this little gem of information.

Casey's phone pings, her text messages, the lies she told, the computer searches, the phone calls home from jail, the jail visits, her letters are all just icing on the cake. Not to mention all the people who did have access to her when she was out on bond and she never spoke of Caylee.

To me the duct tape is by far the most important physical link to the Anthony house. I'm sure the SA will have the likelihood of the Anthonys having the same rare type of tape figured out down to a percentage that is every bit as convincing as DNA percentages.

I don't think the blanket will be of much value in proving a link to the Anthonys. I believe that the defense would be able to easily argue that Caylee had that with her (as a comfort) when Zanny/murderer took her. But anything used in the actual murder (like the tape) and disposal (like the plastic bags and tan canvas-type bag) are the real counters in my opinion.

Wasn't that tan canvas bag a Anthony laundry bag from the garage?

Wasn't that tan canvas bag a Anthony laundry bag from the garage?
I think they found one of a similar type (different shape, though) manufactured by the same company in the Anthonys' garage. I believe Cindy said they did have a round one (like what was found at the scene) that they used to keep some of Caylee's toys in. I think she said "crawl balls" or something like that ~ I've never heard of them before so I don't know what the heck she was talking about. . . I might even have the name of the balls wrong. I hope I'm remembering correctly and not misleading! Please correct this if you remember differently. :blushing:

I think they found one of a similar type (different shape, though) manufactured by the same company in the Anthonys' garage. I believe Cindy said they did have a round one (like what was found at the scene) that they used to keep some of Caylee's toys in. I think she said "crawl balls" or something like that ~ I've never heard of them before so I don't know what the heck she was talking about. . . I might even have the name of the balls wrong. I hope I'm remembering correctly and not misleading! Please correct this if you remember differently. :blushing:

If I'm not mistaken, crawl balls are those plastic balls that fill some of those bounce houses? I've even seen some pit-like areas filled with them at some McDonalds.

You are right about the bag though. They were both, I believe "Whitney Design" bags?

Hi, here are the laundry bags....

user33902_pic6896_1239029443.jpg

user33902_pic6895_1239029079.jpg

I wonder if they'll be able to track down the original purchase of these via bank records from (probably) Cindy, and if they'll be able to match the serial number on the bag found at the scene and prove that it was available for purchase at the same time, and in the same store that Cindy (presumably) made that purchase. If they can do this, this will be a very solid link. Do you guys remember where and when Cindy said that the Anthony's used have a round one? If it was used to store Caylee's crawl balls as she says, then I assume it was kept in Caylee's bedroom where the Winnie The Pooh blanket was kept?

I wonder if they'll be able to track down the original purchase of these via bank records from (probably) Cindy, and if they'll be able to match the serial number on the bag found at the scene and prove that it was available for purchase at the same time, and in the same store that Cindy (presumably) made that purchase. If they can do this, this will be a very solid link. Do you guys remember where and when Cindy said that the Anthony's used have a round one? If it was used to store Caylee's crawl balls as she says, then I assume it was kept in Caylee's bedroom where the Winnie The Pooh blanket was kept?

Did Cindy ever mention where the balls were since they must have been removed before Casey presumably stole it?

It looks like it was talked about on the "2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony." Here's JWG's post where he makes reference to it (page 4): [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4294878&postcount=87"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - 2009.08.05 State Deposition of George Anthony[/ame]

Did Cindy ever mention where the balls were since they must have been removed before Casey presumably stole it?

Good question!!! If she came home on the 16th after work and the balls were dumped out on the floor in Caylee's room, the laundry bag was gone, and the Winnie the Pooh blanket missing then that's pretty shocking.

Although....thinking as am writing....but the laundry bag with the balls may have been stored in Caylee's playhouse, which would not be noticed. Also that may explain why the cadaver dogs hit in the back yard, if Caylee was carried out to the playhouse in the blanket before being placed inside the laundry bag?

Can anyone remember anything about the quote from Cindy?

ETA....just read above linked post....thank you....Caylee's bedroom....well Cindy did say she noticed it missing, along with the blanket so I guess she was worried about that too. Casey may as well have just confessed for all the lack of covering up she did in regards to this crime IMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back