2011.05.05 Verdict Watch (day 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My two cents, but the request for a 2-hour lunch break could mean one of two things: could be that they know it's cinco de mayo and restaurants will be busy and lunch may take longer (or that they have errands to run at lunch)

-OR- it could mean that they are very close to a verdict, plan to get there just before lunch, and want to take a long lunch to think it over and be absolutely sure.

I agree. I posted that on the closed thread.

There might be a verdict in the Coleman trial today on the anniversary date of Sherri and boys deaths. I was shocked to learn the jurors deliberated until 8 p.m. last night after getting the case 5 hours before. They don't seem to be writing notes that they want their life back. JMO

The more I think about this, they must be close to a verdict. Especially after the notes they wrote complaining they want their lives back, things are taking too long, etc. I just cannot understand them asking for a 2-hour lunch unless they knew today was the day...

Thoughts?

There might be a verdict in the Coleman trial today on the anniversary date of Sherri and boys deaths. I was shocked to learn the jurors deliberated until 8 p.m. last night after getting the case 5 hours before. They don't seem to be writing notes that they want their life back. JMO

wow, the trial is already to deliberating?? that didn't take long....

i'm behind on reading the coleman info............

thanks kljohnson for the scoop!:crazy:

eta........and how fitting a verdict today would be!! that story just broke my heart

The more I think about this, they must be close to a verdict. Especially after the notes they wrote complaining they want their lives back, things are taking too long, etc. I just cannot understand them asking for a 2-hour lunch unless they knew today was the day...

Thoughts?

They have had several appointments thru out the trial with children. I am wondering if this is one of those.

Kelly

I don't see a flag... is every/anyone still seeing a flag?

My first thought about the 2 hour lunch is that someone had something they needed to do.... sigh

Thoughts?

I think it's a Good-bye Lunch. I think we get a verdict today. I think my nerves can't take this much longer! I think no matter what the verdict I'm gonna need a gang of people here tonight to discuss things with me.

Let the nail biting, head rubbing, knuckle cracking, and sighs begin. Gotta be a tough time for all in that courtroom. Oh...forgot and more prominent bumps be revealed!

wow, the trial is already to deliberating?? that didn't take long....

i'm behind on reading the coleman info............

thanks kljohnson for the scoop!:crazy:

eta........and how fitting a verdict today would be!! that story just broke my heart

Welcome. I was a little shocked it moved so quickyly myself but there isn't much that seems like it is going to save coleman's hide. That was a heinious crime and a verdict today, you're right, would be perfect. To the day. I'm reading it on another board and reading BC here. I am a multi-tasker and working at the same time.

Or maybe it is so contentious in the jury room, they want a long lunch break just to calm everybody down.

Reading a jury, is like trying to read goat entrails, to forecast tomorrows weather.....

I know people here often like to bring up other cases to point out similarities to this one (young, abaroa, the various petersons) so along that same line of thinking I think the trial of the Edenton Seven deserves a look as well. You may find some very disturbing similarities.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/anderson/anderson168.html

just a different slant but... If you are NC's Family or BC for that matter, wouldn't this request infuriate you? The family wants some closure, they've waited two years. BC wants to hear what his fate is, I think this request would have to be accompanied by some serious life or death reason they could not eat a lunch in and get this done.

just a different slant but... If you are NC's Family or BC for that matter, wouldn't this request infuriate you? The family wants some closure, they've waited two years. BC wants to hear what his fate is, I think this request would have to be accompanied by some serious life or death reason they could not eat a lunch in and get this done.

i so agree...........it's been ridiculous throughout the trial..........

notes galore, bizarre requests, "wanting their lives back"..........pretty disgusting imo and i posted so yesterday...

Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? Does anyone has better specifics for the phone records?

STATE#s 2,3 (crime scene photos)

NC upper back
NC lower back

STATE#5 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

VFD dispatch report 7/14

STATE#6 (misidentified by jury as photo - clarification request)

WCSO deputy's notes from 7/14

STATE#s 58,59,60

Det. Dismukes photos of master bathroom (shower, shower door)

STATE#s 32,303,304,321

(3) BC cell phone records - includes month of July 08 bill which was dated 8/8, (1) NC cell phone records

DEFENSE#170 (customer loyalty records HT)

the following HT purchases:
3/18/08,milk purchased at 1:29AM
4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

DEFENSE#4 (customer loyalty records BJs)

BJ's receipts that showed the 30 bottles of Tide purchased

Depositions: 600,601,602

BC entire 7 hour deposition for the Oct 08 civil custody case. A transcript of it that was introduced into evidence shows that portions had been redacted and withheld from the jury, which jurors are unaware of. Instead of offering the entire deposition for their deliberations, the judge told the jury he needed to know more about what they wanted. jury did not send clarification Wednesday.

Could be that a juror or two have appointments that were scheduled before, or kids that have appointments, we can't just assume they are going out together for a big lunch. I mean sure, we can assume that, and have a good chance of being wrong about it.

jrb, do you know if the jurors do not come back with a clarification on what parts of the depo they would like to review, the judge will just deny the request?

Thank you!

Evidence request from jury (put together using news and video research from other posters as well - sunshine for the DEF customer loyalty recs). Does this look correct? Does anyone has better specifics for the phone records?

the following HT purchases:
3/18/08,milk purchased at 1:29AM
4/27/08 Milk, bananas and green juice purchased 1:10AM

{snipped}

I hope I did this correctly. I wasn't aware of the two receipts bolded. My heavens did these people shop in the middle of the night often. I have been in bed at least 4-5 hours prior to these times. Wow, I didn't have missed this somewhere in the fray.

jrb, do you know if the jurors do not come back with a clarification on what parts of the depo they would like to review, the judge will just deny the request?

Thank you!

The only thing he mentioned this morning is that he felt is would be "dangerous" to solicit anything else from them re: the deposition request.

Today is the day 1 juror wanted to move their child out of a dorm...perhaps they want to check status on it since there are 4 campus's within a moments distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa