Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, 43, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are there any links to media or police statements regarding the Thurs night sleepover?

All I have seen regarding a Thurs sleepover is unverified commentary on this website which in feel stems from misinterpretation of the Kerry-Anne Walker comment.

If the Thurs sleepover is indeed confirmed FACT it would certainly add another twist to the GBC guilty and/or alternate theories.

As far as I'm concerned, the timing and whereabouts of the sleepover has NOT been confirmed (by confirmed I mean by qps). The quote about it in the newspaper is ambiguous and I can see how it can be interpreted as either Thursday or Friday. My initial thought was that it was on the Friday, when others started talking about it here saying it was Thursday I re-read it a few times and realised it is not 100% clear. The general consensus in the forum here seems to be Thursday. In my mind- I consider it unclear and unconfirmed at this point.

"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

Kerry Anne-walker as quoted in Alison sandy's report in the courier mail, 4/5/12.

It was in the media about sleepover being Thursday but as there have been so many to read through i can't remember where but I do believe the kids were not at home that night......I will try and find the link.....But I swear it has been posted a few times over the last 11 threads that the kids were not home....AND IT WAS LINKED SEVERAL TIMES.....I think we are all going to have to keep a record of all the links so we don't have to keep going over the same things.......

Nothing against the newcomers but I hope you understand some of our frustrations when we have to prove ourselves and all the links that have been previously posted over and over again.

I don't know why we have to look for them when someone requests it when it can be done by the person that has requested it....All the info is in Thread 1 to 11.....

Sorry......That is the end of my rant!

Aww coolcat I know it can be annoying, but I actually don't think it has been confirmed so there is no link to confirm a Thursday night sleepover. I've been reading from thread 1. It has been posted loads of times in the forum- so in my opinion it's a "forum fact", not a confirmed fact.

I agree but I also thought he stayed away from the command post so that he avoided being questioned by the locals and avoided public scrutiny re his reactions.

Hi mani - yes I thought so too, but then he seemed to have no troubles mixing amongst the locals at the Brookfield Show last weekend did he.......?

Aww coolcat I know it can be annoying, but I actually don't think it has been confirmed so there is no link to confirm a Thursday night sleepover. I've been reading from thread 1. It has been posted loads of times in the forum- so in my opinion it's a "forum fact", not a confirmed fact.

By confirmed I mean by the cops, not the papers. Ok I'll shhhh now :p

Yep, it seems to be one of those things that a link can be provided for BOTH ... home or sleepover. Since there's been reports for both, I can still say we don't really know.

OK although I agree the GBC guilty theory seems the most obvious outcome, I have some alternate ideas about some of the assumptions people are making:

Firstly as far as I gather the daughters were at home on the night - I think the sleepover at Senior BCs on Thurs night is a furphy stemming from a misunderstanding / misinterpretation of ABCs friends comments which I take to refer to a planned sleepover on the Friday night (if that makes sense!?).

So (for an alternate theory) on the night, daughters at home in bed. Mum and Dad working hard to patch things up, but break into an argument about something (previous affair, finances, maybe even feuding in-laws?). GBC storms off to his (possibly separate) bed leaving ABC fuming on the couch watching the Footy Show.

ABC then contacts a 3rd party and gets in the car late to meet them - possibly to confront a GBC lover, maybe she had a lover herself, maybe there is some other connection eg bad finance dealings.

This 3rd party commits accidental or intentional murder for unkown reason and covers it up, later in the night sneaking ABCs car back into the carport.

This explains Police frantic search initially for a missing person, and their interest in car movements through the wee hours.

GBC wakes up feeling remorseful about the argument, can't find ABC, rings and texts the obvious friends/family and for some reason starts to think the worst, maybe even having good reason to suspect a 3rd party and/or foul play. He's got the girls, so he can't leave the house and so he calls the police

The Police search begins and we know the rest. To possibly explain other events:

Lacking other leads, Police have focused on eliminating GBC by forensic checks on home, car, computer - they need to do this given he is the obvious/easy one for the tabloids and angry mobs to focus on and unless he is completely eliminated he could provide a potentially convenient way for the real murderer to shed reasonable doubt at a future trial.

GBC not joining the search / manning the command post - Police would not allow him to search for above reason, polluting the crime scene. And he wanted to be with his daughters and keep them away from the command post in case of a grisly find.

His unusual behaviour and lawyering up - I read nothing into this, who knows what was going through his mind or what is a normal reaction in this situation (guilty or not)! As a real estate agent though he would have had regular dealings with lawyers and is reasonable he would turn to them for advice early on. But a smart lawyer would soon realise this could blow out of proportion and recommend an expert criminal barrister be brought in when ABCs body turned up, given the husband is generally the first and most obvious suspect in these cases (as evidence by the overwhelming voice of opinion on this site).

The car crash - was he being persued by a tabloid journo or photographer and tried to evade them? Again given all the speculation about guilt it is no surprise the police later impounded the car to test. These actions are as much about methodically ruling out all theories, as proving guilt.

Who is the 3rd party, the suspect in this theory? At this stage I have no real ideas on this but comments by Police may indicate GBC has a good idea but the Police are having trouble putting evidence together? Or maybe GBC is not saying as he's worried about future reprisals eg daughters meeting foul play?

The triad/bikie thing seems far fetched but not impossible!

I think it's far more simple, DV gone too far and a messy cover-up.

Yep, it seems to be one of those things that a link can be provided for BOTH ... home or sleepover. Since there's been reports for both, I can still say we don't really know.

Yep that's how I feel. Until we hear it from the qps I don't think we really know for sure.

The sleep-over - the exact wording of the statement it is unclear if "that" night is the thursday or friday. Since there have been other confirmations it was the night she went missing, I think we can be fairly confident they were not there. Early on her hairdressers reported to a poster that the kids were at a sleepover and she was having a night off that Thursday.

I also think it is fairly safe to say if a child injures their mother an ambulance is called. The child is at no legal risk and you may be able to save your wife.

It takes a special level of callousness to murder a spouse and then dump them in a creek. I am not extrapolating that it was premeditated but it shows a degree of commitment to your anger and belief in your right to remain free despite your heinous actions, to do that. So I do not buy any theories where the death was an unexpected outcome of whatever action was taken - i.e. she didn't die from a shove resulting in a banged head, or one blow, etc. You cover it up because it was clear you deliberately used lethal force.

I really hope that the affair and any business dealings are in no way related past the turmoil they were causing in the family. Really hoping there wasn't an organised effort to end Allison's life. I believe in KISS so think that the circumstances are less likely to be a direct cause, but who knows, stranger things have happened.

I find the personality disorder talk very interesting. I know if you look at check lists etc you can get to diagnosing everyone. But I will certainly be educating my kids about these traits so hopefully as they choose life partners they can sniff out more quickly when someone is off. I want them to be someone who will be able to say "creepy for no real reason" vs being sucked in, getting attached as emotionally healthy people do and ending up in a big mess.

Also, I want to say that I do not think the lack of arrest means they do not have enough evidence. There are toxicology results pending. If there is no arrest in a month, I'll be concerned. Hopefully within a month of the autopsy they will have all they need to lay accurate charges.

consider the two statements below
"That Friday was a busy day for her. She had a full-day conference in town and the kids were having a sleepover that night, so she would have got all her stuff ready," Mrs Walker said.

'Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.'

both from reputable media sources, herald sun and courier mail.

its a lot of sleepovers if you ask me, all three girls having a sleepover on thursday night somewhere, and again on friday night somewhere

naturally, this is only IMO

Thanks! Well there's one saying its Thursday- but I'm still not convinced its not a media mixup stemming from the original quote.
Please don't kill me. Haha

I assume because the reporter had spoken with the Dickies and Kerry Anne that they would actually have mentioned this and had it confirmed...MOO...I am running with Thursday as I feel that this is what Kerry had been insinuating all along??

Some of the violent partners are very cunning though. Mine always told me how you could really hurt someone without leaving a mark. ... and he showed me first hand. Alot of the time nobody else knows... as in my case. Alot of people did not like him, but they would never have thought he'd do the things he did. My own mother didn't have a clue... I knew better than to let on what was happening. Everyone in the house knew to shut their mouths. Yes, I had bruises plenty of times, but they were the days we didn't go anywhere and were too 'busy' to have anyone over. Know what I mean?

Despite the fact that I'm only on page 17, I am not sure at what point this thread ceased to be about the BC murder and instead morphed into a collection of stories about dv and the dv experiences of some posters.

Time and a place for it, this is neither the time or the place"............

As far as I'm concerned, the timing and whereabouts of the sleepover has NOT been confirmed (by confirmed I mean by qps). The quote about it in the newspaper is ambiguous and I can see how it can be interpreted as either Thursday or Friday. My initial thought was that it was on the Friday, when others started talking about it here saying it was Thursday I re-read it a few times and realised it is not 100% clear. The general consensus in the forum here seems to be Thursday. In my mind- I consider it unclear and unconfirmed at this point.

Coming from a different angle, if Allison went to the hairdresser Thursday night and arrived home around 9pm, had dinner and watched TV, GBC goes to bed at 10pm (last time he saw her). Would she not go to bed also soon after as she had an early morning (assuming the conference started at 9am she would need to leave Brookfield by 7.30), even earlier if she planned a walk?

Bolded by me - I'm not sure that this speculation is unnecessary. For me, there may be quite a big difference between "sleep over at friends" and "sleep over with GBC's parents". The later may well have been "arranged" (if indeed any of the actions were premeditated). And if they were staying with their grandparents, perhaps that is why the kids were at the house the next morning.

I don't mean that the sleepover itself is not subject to a premeditative angle, I mean simply that it is fact that the sleepover itself occurred on the Thursday night as this was disputed by prior posters.

However if you're looking at it from a this angle, in light of the fact that Allison was attending a conference the next day and had most 'probably' (not making an assumption but something I would personally do) organised the sleepover well in advance, in my opinion any actions (such as potentially buying sedatives to drug her as mentioned earlier) culminating in her death were obviously open to speculation. GBC would have been aware of the impending sleepover and, as such, questionable actions taken by him in the hours or day preceding the girls' known absence are a matter for the QPS to prove.

It has also been said that the girls popped in to the house prior to being dropped at school and refuted to police GBC's statement that they had been home that evening. This is unsubstantiated rumour but can be found sprinkled throughout the threads prior. And as was proven with the allegations of mistresses becoming fact, where there is smoke....

A window of opportunity is not at all implausible however that is for a jury to decide should events proceed to a natural conclusion. In the meantime, the presumption of innocence is afforded to GBC, especially important considering he has not been charged or even considered a person of interest outright.

FYI IMPO he is responsible but with assistance from his family to dispose of Allison after the fact. Should he be arrested be prepared for the scroll of endless charges to hit the floor hard.

Despite the fact that I'm only on page 17, I am not sure at what point this thread ceased to be about the BC murder and instead morphed into a collection of stories about dv and the dv experiences of some posters.

Time and a place for it, this is neither the time or the place"............

With respect, it was not a collection of our stories. It started with the conversation about whether or not there was DV in the BC's relationship. Some were interested in how it may have played a part. Agreed it may have gone off topic, but it was not a case of us telling our stories for fun.

Ok with all due respect to those that disagree, I'm not convinced about Thurs sleepover being fact. It may have happened but the links are not convincing.

I take everything I read in the Courier Mail, Herald Sun etc with a few grains of salt, they are on par with Today Tonight for credibility.

Let me say also that I think the GBC guilty theory is the most likely scenario based on the obvious/known events.

All I'm saying is in the interests of nailing the right person in honour of ABC we should not rule out anything at this stage, keep an open mind and explore all possibilities.

As I said before its as much about eliminating theories as proving them.

The thread has moved on slightly, but there was some debate about the weather a couple of pages ago.

I live the other side of Mt Coot-tha from Brookfield, but the Saturday before Allison was found we had over 180mm of rain in 24 hours. This was following several weeks of virtually no rainfall at all.

I've finally given in and joined, seeing as I've been reading these threads since the 30th April it's probably time!

Would it be possible that the ABC and GBC met with Mr Baden-Clay senior for marriage counselling and there was a confrontation that led to ABC death?

I assume because the reporter had spoken with the Dickies and Kerry Anne that they would actually have mentioned this and had it confirmed...MOO...I am running with Thursday as I feel that this is what Kerry had been insinuating all along??

I agree coolcat...the very first report which featured Kerry-Anne was a little confusing.

The later report (around the time of the funeral.. ie...11th, 12th or 13th May)...cleared it & stated Kerry-Anne as saying the girls had a sleepover on the Thursday night. I remember reading it.

Just to get this whole sleepover thing correct...would any member still have a printed edition of either Courier Mail or Sunday Mail for those dates I mentioned above??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasCuriousMynd