Elisa Lam possible victim of Serial murderer?

Just to add another opinion to this case, Tila Tequila has been talking to the media about her theory that Elisa's death was the result of a "ritualistic killing". She claims she herself was the target of such a murder last year. This would interestingly fit in with other theories on this board that have linked Elisa's murder with other young asian women in the same area. I am of the opinion that Tila Tequila is whacked out of her mind, but it is an interesting opinion nonetheless. From her public fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/IamMissTila/posts/10152026552173211

Well I really can't believe Tila... you know how many people came around saying they are the son/daughter blah blah of Zodiac killer... :facepalm:

But there is something that bugs me of this case. There are so many doubts we have ... lingering in our minds... Won't it be the same for the police? Don't you think it is too early to shut it as accidental? :banghead:

If it was accidental, then where are her clothes?:banghead:

1. It would be impossible for not noticing someone walking with a dead body to the tank ... blah blah.... CONTRADICTION: It would impossible not noticing watching a nude lady going up the stairs :banghead:

2. Signs of assault can be found even with the structure of the bones right? It doesn't matter if the body was in the water for a long time. There are many other indicators that can indicate that.

Have the toxicology results come out?

@sunset. her clothes were in the bottom of the tank. including her watch.

@nickfalzone thanks for the link! I wish TT had some info, but busting out the old 'i have a secret... but i can't tell you'... seriously... maturity of a 10yr old.

@the_chosen_one
That's good to hear. I was wondering about that. but why would someone take off their clothes in a tank. I am trying to think about the accidental case... If a person accidentally slips through that not so big opening of the tank, they would have a hit or mark of some injury in the body. Was something like that found?

@the_chosen_one
That's good to hear. I was wondering about that. but why would someone take off their clothes in a tank. I am trying to think about the accidental case... If a person accidentally slips through that not so big opening of the tank, they would have a hit or mark of some injury in the body. Was something like that found?

due to the amount of time she was in the water, I'm not sure soft tissue injuries would be that clear, but to accidentally fall into such a small hole with sufficient velocity to overcome any natural reflexes to resist the fall I would think there would at least be a dislocated shoulder or fractured jaw, but from previously reading one of the posters summary of the autopsy, [modsnip].

I don't think there is any logical explanation for how her clothes (including watch and room access card) ended up in the bottom of the tank if this was in fact an accidental drowning. the LAPD/coroner have failed to explain their determination and this to me suggests either utter incompetence, lack of diligence to ones duties and/or corruption.

her entry to the tank was either accidental, deliberate or forced. if deliberate her watch/hotel card/clothing should not have been in the tank. if accidental, why did she remove her underwear?

the only possible explanation I have for her voluntarily entering the tank and removing all her clothes/items into the tank [modsnip]. that is perhaps she was a victim of a sexual assault and everything she was wearing may have felt tied to that assault and hence she threw them into the tank as part of 'cleansing' and then entered the tank herself. it is a longshot, but the only explanation I can find for the cause of death LAPD and the clothing in the tank. it would be helpful to have a better idea though as to the nature of that trauma and what possible mechanisms it was consistent with.

to play devil's advocate, I suppose there is another possible explanation and that is this was a cleverly crafted suicide, a final masterpiece and a way to ensure you are not just another statistic. that is all of the events, clothing in the tank, [modsnip] and elevator video included were manufactured to create confusion regarding the cause of death. I hate to be disrespectful, but i think from a scientific/methodical perspective it is important to be able to dismiss that.

then there is the psychotic episode theory, but the [modsnip] needs to be explained better for me to personally consider that an acceptable explanation.

Hey Everyone - the info from the autopsy report is off-limits. I understand that the document was obtained, but it was never posted for all to review. As such, there is no way to verify information attributed to the report.

If someone has the document and wants to post the complete report in the resource thread, then we can open the discussion.

Thanks,

Salem

[modsnip]

However, the police report has not been posted, and if/when it is obtained it will be posted in the resource thread.

ChosenOne - I responded to your comment but not sure if it was randomly deleted by mods here or I just didn't post it correctly. What I wanted to add is that the loss of clothing may have been due to a whirlpool/vortex in the tank, but we do not know for sure as the authorities never stated specifically what the natural state of the water in the tank was. If the water is mostly static, then it seems unlikely that everything would just fall off her body, including pants, watch, shirt, hoodie. And the idea that she threw all this stuff in the tank prior to getting in herself seems rather unlikely. So it is either that the water in the tank over time pulled the garments/personal items off, or the perp did so.

[modsnip]

hi nickfalzone, [modsnip]. the vortex effect makes sense to some extent, but looking at the pipe diamater and the fact it is on the lateral wall of the tank and the fact the tank was at least half full I'm not sure how significant the vortex effect would be? (im thinking of how when emptying a bathtub its only towards the end where the vortex gets severe, and also with it being on the lateral wall the power may be even further diminished)

[modsnip] oh well. I guess it is case closed then for Elisa Lam. =(

Lol, it is like saying the JFK Assassination is case closed, simply because the police closed the case. With an open-ended finding like "Accidental Misadventure" there will always be discussions on cases like this because there is no true finality to what happened, beyond essentially guesswork. OTOH, until any additional information is released by the authorities, or someone brings further information to light (such as with the on-going court case the family has brought against the hotel) the speculation is not particularly effective at getting closer to an answer. The police report may shed more light upon this as well.

If the family has brought suit against the hotel, the hotel would have good reason to try to show Elisa's death was the result of a criminal act. I wonder if they will try to use that defense, or if it is precluded because of LE's ruling? Interesting.

Salem

Would Cecil Hotel's insurance company have access to the police report for this case? I'm sure the report is probably hidden to the public due to family sensitivity. I'm sure the insurance company is probably weighing in on LAPD's report, seeing if they can pick it apart if they can get their hands on it. If it's a solid report i'm sure they'll settle.

Hey Everyone - the info from the autopsy report is off-limits. I understand that the document was obtained, but it was never posted for all to review. As such, there is no way to verify information attributed to the report.

If someone has the document and wants to post the complete report in the resource thread, then we can open the discussion.

Thanks,

Salem

I posted the full autopsy report but you may need to move it. Thanks!

THANK YOU, Conductor71! That is AWESOME and much appreciated. :yourock:

So, we have the full autopsy report, right here: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230254"]Final Autopsy and Toxicology Report - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Discussion of the Autopsy should stay in that thread. When you use facts from the report - please provide a link back to the post so that others can verify where needed.

This is awesome!

Thanks!

Salem

ETA: Just to be perfectly clear - the autopsy is open for and can be, fully discussed!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88
Back