Need a Taxi? "Sick" Aussie pensioners call ambulances

Next time I need to do some shopping I might ring the fire brigade:)

LOL Dingo....I mean I know it happens everywhere but just the fact it was old age pensioners you know? Sweet little grey haired grannies:crazy:

I wouldnt even dream of doing such a thing. There just "ain't nothing as queer as folk" or so the saying goes:)

Seriously they need to stop it...theres every chance that the ambos could be needed urgently elsewhere at the same time they are chauffering the oldies around...and they,ll be the first ones jumping up and down if they have to pay a fee for the ambo service.

Can't wait to see what our Aussie friends have to say about this one.
It would almost be funny if it wasn't so serious:eek:

The sheer NERVE of some people never ceases to amaze me!!
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,24063457-421,00.html

I had a bit of a laugh reading this story. The 'old beetroot in the shoe trick' lol. Cunning old buggars...

But it does make me mad that they are abusing the system when we already have a shortage of ambos.:mad:

Thats how I felt reading it miss vegemite. Its kind of amusing but maddening too and could be deadly if someone REALLY needs the ambulance.

I think they should be charged for the ride then they wouldnt do it again and word would get around fast. We had a lady that did that in my state and they gave her a hefty fine.

What if they were needing one and one wasnt available because someone was using one for this purpose, they arent the best of age so its very likely.

Thats a good idea Autumn, they should be charged.

We have one of the best health systems in the world and they are abusing it.

I was reading awhile back what you posted about your health care system Dingo. It was before I started posting here like a lunatic:) But anyway...you are right, you have a great system there. I wish ours was like that.

In my province, if an ambulance is need for an emergency and deemed medically necessary then a co-payment fee is billed for 45.00.

There are exceptions like transfer between medical facilities.

If a person is transported by ambulance and it is deemed medically unnecessary then a person has to pay 240.00.

This stops abuses of the system and encourages people to call an ambulance when only necessary.

Maybe the government can offer a service for a moderate fee to the older person who use ambulance services for taxis a shuttle bus or a fleet taxi rate.

This abuse of this service can and most likely will lead to a persons death. After all a problem ignored is a crisis invited.......

In my province, if an ambulance is need for an emergency and deemed medically necessary then a co-payment fee is billed for 45.00.

There are exceptions like transfer between medical facilities.

If a person is transported by ambulance and it is deemed medically unnecessary then a person has to pay 240.00.

This stops abuses of the system and encourages people to call an ambulance when only necessary.

Maybe the government can offer a service for a moderate fee to the older person who use ambulance services for taxis a shuttle bus or a fleet taxi rate.

This abuse of this service can and most likely will lead to a persons death. After all a problem ignored is a crisis invited.......

That sounds like a good solution. Even if medically necessary it is, I assume, more than cab fare, but not so much that it would break you.

I think it would be a good deterrent and prevent a tragedy down the road.

Why would people do that? Cuz they're cheap?:waitasec:

It's wrong in so many ways.

I think they should be charged for the false ambulance call and fined heavily.
It's just absurd. imo, to use an ambulance as if it's a taxi.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back