CO - Jessica Ridgeway, 10, Westminster, 5 Oct 2012 - #18

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the mom was the tip that was called in to LE last night.
-------------

Maybe there was something other than the regular refuse of say, cold pizza, food wrappers, dirty plates under his bed--like I suggested earlier, clothing/sheets where it was previously washed in an attempt to remove blood stains, for example.

Oftentimes, it's the moms who do the cleanup and it's the moms who find stuff.

This could have prompted a discussion.

I am going to throw this out there
He is 17 and got 2nd place in FS
Prolly thought he was smarter than LE & FBI
he was playing games with them-leaving Backpack & dismembering her-he prolly thought he left no evidence to track back to him
prolly experimenting with the mortician thing..
he wanted to see how long he could get away with it or even if he would be caught at all
Game player with lives and LE-SICK!!!This is just MOOOO

God bless the Mother's....2 in a few days. Autumn Pasquale's murderers mother turned them in and now this. Great news.

I heard the same interview. I wonder how her neighbors felt about her giving out their names on TV. You know the media is going to be all over them tonight.

Yes, I know she was anonymous but I think in the excitement of talking she gave out the name. I am not sure if she realizes that she was on the air nationally, she might have thought she was just talking to the news,

I wonder though if the person she named is the same person who JVM talked to whose son was friends w AS. Sounds like the same person, but he was anonymous in the JVM interview,

So true.... Such an overwhelming mix of emotions for her. And Jessica's family. And the community. And for LE.

It's going to be a long, long road in readjusting to the new normal for everyone...

A very long road indeed.

Source: Jessica Ridgeway murder suspect wanted to be mortician, turned in by mom

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/source-j...pect-wanted-to-be-mortician-turned-in-by-mom/

I checked and that college does have mortician classes. http://www.arapahoe.edu/departments-and-programs/a-z-programs/mortuary-science

OMG What did he do to Jessica?

She may not have been dismembered at all in the ordinary sense of the word, but.....

UGH....I don't even want to think about it...

And the tuft of hair? Makes sense now.

Now that the attention has understandably turned to this very scary perp., I want to take a moment and remember lovely, little Jessica![ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QQUN3a8BK4"]~A nation mourns~ Jessica Ridgeway Memorial - YouTube[/ame]

So.......am I correct in my thinking that LE didn't have a clue as to who this as until he got a ping of remorse or whatever and told him mom?? Thank God for that.

I told my little one just a bit this morning about Autumn's killer's being kids. I do think we need to take another look and prepare our kids for killer's being kids. My other son is 18 and my lil one could possibly feel safe taking a ride from a teenager thinking nothing would happen. Wow.

I am sure they were trying their best, but I dont think they had him IDd, otherwise he probably would have been arrested sooner.

Re: bolded part I totally agree. I think maybe we need to keep emphasizing never to talk or take a ride with ANY strangers, no matter their age. Whether very young or very old, I could see where people may let their guard down. You have a great point here.

Does anyone have a link to that map that was posted several days back, buried deep in all the posts, of where her walking-to-school friend lived? The one that seemed like it surely wasn't possible because it seems like it was farther than was practical, given the location of the school.

The address shown in the arrest record looks to be near there, if I remember what that location looked like in relation to Jessica's house.

The perps house is SW of the school and Ketner reservoir (opposite direction of J's house). If he were to walk out his front door, walk 5 houses to the east - there is a path between two houses that leads to a trail that goes all the way to Ketner Reservoir. This trail looks to be fenced and has back yards on both sides of the trail. I bet he encountered Jessica at the end of that trail where it meets Countryside Drive.

Several sleuthers felt he was young and a teenager. I didn't think so and I remember saying that I didn't see how he could be a teen.

Others here said that they felt he had studied crimes, the FBI, Law Enforcement or criminology. Lo and behold....it was so.

Really proud of the posters here. Such a good job!

I thought he was probably younger, just based on the stats that say that very young and very old victims are often an indication of a young, inexperienced perp.

was this him too? sorry if already posted....these threads move so dang fast!

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/19/mom-says-man-almost-kidnapped-son-near-ketner-lake-in-westminster/

Mom says man almost kidnapped son near Ketner Lake in Westminster

WESTMINSTER, Colo. — Less than three weeks before a kidnapping attempt on the Ketner Lake jogging trail, a Westminster mother says a man with a similar description grabbed her son, and then fled when the boy’s sister screamed for help.

That happened May 10 on a popular trail near Church Ranch Blvd. and U.S. Highway 36

By the description, it sure could be. I mean, it's 18-35 but 17 is close to 18, these were young witnesses and based on the surprise of so many on here, it is assumed the abductors are adults.

dressed in black/goth chains

This does not surprise me.

good thing there is no judging on how people dress around here ;)

i can be a bit "alternative" myself wearing lots of black, dr. martins, along w/ ink and piercings...etc. think of Abby on NCIS :)....
oh and im a criminal forensics major too...

...yet id never commit a crime....

http://kdvr.com/2012/10/24/source-j...pect-wanted-to-be-mortician-turned-in-by-mom/

Sorry if this has already been posted - his mom turned him in after he confessed to her.

The 15- and 17-year-old boys were charged Tuesday with the murder of Autumn Pasquale, whose body was found stuffed in a recycling container Monday night after a two-day search of Clayton. Authorities say several clues led them to the teens.

Their own mother called police because she was concerned about a Facebook posting by one of them.

The girl's body was found in a recycling bin next to the family's home. Her bike was in the house.

http://www.9news.com/news/world/295872/347/Clues-left-all-around-in-slaying-of-NJ-12-year-old
This Mom also turned her son in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member