Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, sorry, I wasn't vouching for the whole article.

It's OK, I see why you brought it up.

Just wanted to point this out because we already have more false information out there than we need.

Also because I found it just a lil' bit ironic that an article that starts out pointing out other people's mistakes is clueless about its own claims.

Is it possible that AL resented RL for his success/normalcy? So that is the reason he was carrying the bro's ID. It sounds like, from what people are saying about NL looking for a "school" for AL that she was pushing him to be normal, to act normal, to take part in a normal educational system.

Now, there is plenty talk of AL being a "genius". I attended WCSU for a year my Freshman year of college before transferring back to a school in NY. His course load was easy and WCSU doesn't have an overly challenging curriculum. I'd put it at about average. His grades don't seem indicative of "genius", just an average student, if not a TOUCH young for college....

She was allegedly looking for engineering programs for him. Is it possible that NL thought AL's peculiar nature would kind of blend with engineers who are perceived as being socially awkward?

Genius or not, his issues might have made it more difficult to succeed in his education. Wasn't one of the courses he dropped out of German Speaking? I can see how that could be a total nightmare for a socially awkward person who is becoming more and more isolated and has trouble communicating with people even in his own language.

Is it possible that AL resented RL for his success/normalcy? So that is the reason he was carrying the bro's ID. It sounds like, from what people are saying about NL looking for a "school" for AL that she was pushing him to be normal, to act normal, to take part in a normal educational system.

Now, there is plenty talk of AL being a "genius". I attended WCSU for a year my Freshman year of college before transferring back to a school in NY. His course load was easy and WCSU doesn't have an overly challenging curriculum. I'd put it at about average. His grades don't seem indicative of "genius", just an average student, if not a TOUCH young for college....

She was allegedly looking for engineering programs for him. Is it possible that NL thought AL's peculiar nature would kind of blend with engineers who are perceived as being socially awkward?

I have to wonder if kids labeled him as genius because he talked a lot about specific things they might not know about - in other words, he could have had a basic understanding and was good at repeating lots of info to boot. I just know many people mistake this for being at a much higher level than it is. Having said that, I'd bet Adam was above average intelligence. College course though, at an intro level, are often not much different than high school course can be.

What I'm having difficulty with in this is whether Adam had gotten worse in the last few years. If the hair dressers report is true, I find it alarming that 3 years or more ago, Adam did even move in his chair unless mom said to do so. Maybe someone here can say, but isn't that extreme for Aspergers?

I have to wonder if kids labeled him as genius because he talked a lot about specific things they might not know about - in other words, he could have had a basic understanding and was good at repeating lots of info to boot. I just know many people mistake this for being at a much higher level than it is. Having said that, I'd bet Adam was above average intelligence. College course though, at an intro level, are often not much different than high school course can be.

What I'm having difficulty with in this is whether Adam had gotten worse in the last few years. If the hair dressers report is true, I find it alarming that 3 years or more ago, Adam did even move in his chair unless mom said to do so. Maybe someone here can say, but isn't that extreme for Aspergers?

My daughter with Asperger's is almost 9 years old and can't sit still.

3 schools in Crowley, Texas, locked down for potential security threat - @NBCDFW

wow, many moons ago, and I meanmany moons ago, I went to grade school in Crowley texas.

Let me get to googling...

It depends on their sensory issues. If they are sensitive to bright lights and there are bright lights in the room, it might be harder to get them to sit still, for example.

http://www.asperger-advice.com/asperger-sensory-overload.html

:tyou: H/T to our fabulous "mod squad" who have been attentive and conscientious in the fast-paced discussion of the Shady Hook School shooting. The moderators have certainly done their due diligence for the past several days, and I'm sure that everyone here at Websleuths appreciates their fine efforts.

:yourock:

Genius or not, his issues might have made it more difficult to succeed in his education. Wasn't one of the courses he dropped out of German Speaking? I can see how that could be a total nightmare for a socially awkward person who is becoming more and more isolated and has trouble communicating with people even in his own language.

Their interests are completely different from those of their peers and they prefer the company of adults or older children because they can relate to them in a better way. Giftedness is not evenly distributed throughout all intellectual spheres: an individual may excel in solving logic problems and yet be a poor speller; another gifted individual may be able to read and write at a far above average level and yet have trouble with mathematics.

http://www.asperger-advice.com/asperger-intelligent.html

'Over one half Century since the TX Clock Tower Massacre and we were asking many of the same questions back then. Why'?

http://murderpedia.org/male.W/w/whitman-charles.htm

If my life insurance policy is valid please pay off my debts...donate the rest anonymously to a mental health foundation. Maybe research can prevent further tragedies of this type.
Quote: Charles Joseph Whitman; A.K.A.: "The Texas Tower Sniper" 08/01/1966..

(June 24, 1941 – August 1, 1966) Whitman, was a student at the University of Texas at Austin who shot and killed 14 people (including those who survived the initial shooting but later died as a result of their injuries) and wounded 31 others from the observation deck of the University's Main Building of The University of Texas at Austin on August 1, 1966, after murdering his wife and mother, and before being shot by Austin police.

Family issues
Declining health
Leadup to the shootings
Whitman began typing his suicide note, a portion of which read:

I do not quite understand what it is that compels me to type this letter. Perhaps it is to leave some vague reason for the actions I have recently performed. I do not really understand myself these days. I am supposed to be an average reasonable and intelligent young man. However, lately (I cannot recall when it started) I have been a victim of many unusual and irrational thoughts.

The note explained that he had decided to murder both his mother and wife, but made no mention of the coming attacks at the university. He also requested that an autopsy be done after his death, to determine if there had been anything to explain his actions and increasing headaches. He willed any money from his estate to mental health research, saying that he hoped it would prevent others from following his route.

Margaret Whitman, as found by police, just after midnight, he killed his mother Margaret. The exact method is disputed, but it seemed he had rendered her unconscious before stabbing her in the heart. He returned to his suicide note, now writing by hand:

To Whom It May Concern: I have just taken my mother's life. I am very upset over having done it. However, I feel that if there is a heaven she is definitely there now...I am truly sorry...Let there be no doubt in your mind that I loved this woman with all my heart.

Whitman returned to his home at 906 Jewell Street and stabbed Kathy five times as she slept naked, leaving another note that read:

I imagine it appears that I brutally killed both of my loved ones. I was only trying to do a quick thorough job...If my life insurance policy is valid please pay off my debts...donate the rest anonymously to a mental health foundation. Maybe research can prevent further tragedies of this type.

(snipped - read more - very interesting in a tragic deja vu sort of way)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17