AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 - #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
In a case like Isa and many other cases, what is most important is timely and targeted dissemination of info...Getting info about an AZ case to Peoria, IL is not vital or a good use of resources.

The Internet allows the fast dissemination of info, which is its strength. It's a tool, just one of many, but without using the tool effectively to get information into the hands of those who most need it (rather than the world at large) it's like throwing confetti in the wind.

Again, what is LE asking for the public to do in this case at this time?

Madeline, good points, and what has this couple chosen to do? They've chosen to not talk to local media, but to use the Internet to try and get the story - THEIR version of the story - retweeted, with links back to social media sites that push the donation option.

Recall that Sergio and Becky said in the radio inerview that Isa was reaching people all over the world. But, why is it more important that people in Italy or the Netherlands or Egypt know about Isa, rather than people in her hometown? Maybe because they are more likely to donate - after all, they'e too far away to do anything else.

Also, regarding the "lack of urgency" comments from TPD: Perhaps if you were trying to raise money, you wouldn't want the case solved too soon.

Does anyone know if a Grand Jury has been convened in the Celis case?

I am not in any camp. I think there are others who are here like me, but I could be wrong.
If I had to choose a camp, I would be in the very lonely fact camp, same as TPD as far as any public statement they have made in all of these weeks. JMO

I'm in TPD's camp. IMO, they think the parents are involved.

I stepped away from this thread for awhile because nothing new was being released and i wanted to wait until we had some new information. But instead, it seems like things are growing cold. I really hope not. This is a case i really want solved. Isabel was a precious, sweet baby girl and this is devastating. :rose:

Madeline, good points, and what has this couple chosen to do? They've chosen to not talk to local media, but to use the Internet to try and get the story - THEIR version of the story - retweeted, with links back to social media sites that push the donation option.

Recall that Sergio and Becky said in the radio inerview that Isa was reaching people all over the world. But, why is it more important that people in Italy or the Netherlands or Egypt know about Isa, rather than people in her hometown? Maybe because they are more likely to donate - after all, they'e too far away to do anything else.

Because the honest truth is no one knows where Isa is and she could easily have been kidnapped and taken to a different country.

If this happened in the middle of the night then the perp had many hours to be gone with Isa to wherever he/she/they may have taken her. Into Mexico perhaps and then points unknown from there. It took TPD quite awhile to even alert the Mexican Federales that she was missing. By then he could have taken her on to another country.

IMO

While I thanked individual posts and hope that I didn't miss anyone, I would like to thank everyone for the early anniversary wishes (it's June 25) :tyou: We'll enjoy the peace and tranquility of charming Mackinac Island where we've spent many happy times over the years.

Just for fun: If you've never been to the enchanted island off Michigan's lower peninsula, I hope you enjoy this parody of the Pure Michigan travel campaign :D

Pure Michigan: Mackinac Island - YouTube

Hilarious! I am a native Michigander and Oregon transplant. I visited Mackinac ("Mackinaw") Island several times as a child, and it is a beautiful place. Traverse City is really nice too. My family moved from "downstate" up to the U.P., (Sugar Island and Sault Ste. Marie), when I was nine years old. I ended up back downstate, but I have fond memories of the upper peninsula, and it was only a 1-2 hour drive to the ferry boat to Mackinac Island. I grew up in the Grand Rapids area, but I attended high school in a western Detroit suburb. Have you ever been to Copper Harbor or the Porkies? That said, I have been in the Portland, Oregon area for seven years. I don't miss the Michigan weather, mosquitoes, or black flies, and Oregon is beautiful. But, I am still a loyal Lions fan, and my second child (son), (now 9 years old), is a Michigander too. Happy Anniversary!

I really don't think she could have been "easily kidnapped and taken over the border". If so, why would perp target HER specifically???

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

Because the honest truth is no one knows where Isa is and she could easily have been kidnapped and taken to a different country.

If this happened in the middle of the night then the perp had many hours to be gone with Isa to wherever he/she/they may have taken her. Into Mexico perhaps and then points unknown from there. It took TPD quite awhile to even alert the Mexican Federales that she was missing. By then he could have taken her on to another country.

IMO

Someone knows where she is. She could just as easily have been killed by someone very close to her that lived in the house with her. With all of the news that we have had over the past couple of years of children going "missing" that turned out to be because of someone very close to the child being the one that not only killed the child but hid the child's body someplace that is very difficult to find, it is not hard to imagine the same has happened in this case to Isabel. Unfortunately perps are getting smarter and keeping their mouths shut so that there is not only no evidence of what happened but nothing to arrest them on until the missing is found. Even with all of the missing children cases that we here at WS have seen and followed that turned out to be because of a "parent", it is not something that we want to think happened in every missing child case. Unfortunately, more often than not, that is what it is.

I didn't want to think that one of Isa's parents had done anything to her, but I do believe it now.

MOO

With the strict TSA rules at airports, the kidnappers would have a very hard time taking Isabel to another country. Do children need passports? I'm sure they need some form of ID. I bet there was even a picture of Isabel sent out to all airports in the area. Also, the FBI doesn't seem to believe Isabel was taken to another country, or you would hear about them traveling to other countries, putting the word out about Isabel internationally, etc.

If Isabel is in another country, she will never be recognized. I don't care if someone from Scotland said they are praying for Isabel; anyone can see that international media coverage has been almost non-existant.

It's pretty simple to drive across the border to Mexico, and if they don't intend for her to ever return home, they don't need a passport for her. I haven't been to Mexico in years, but as I recall some saying, it's easier to get into Mexico than it is to get back out.
Torismom, you are correct, it could just as easily be someone in or close to the family who killed her and hid the body as it could be anything else. At this point, we don't know but I hope the case doesn't go cold and she's never found.
I don't know what to think. We could all be dumbfounded when something does break, could be someone none of us have ever heard about.... like the Samantha Koenig case.

(If linking this isn't allowed please let me know!)

From the June 4th Arizona Public Media article

http://www.azpm.org/news/story/2012/6/4/1558-police-on-missing-tucson-girl-there-are-suspects/
“Right now we’re at a point where we are following investigative paths that keep us quite busy,” Villaseñor says. “We think that this was an abduction of some kind, so obviously that infers that there are suspects that we are looking at, or people of interest that we're looking at.”

I read that as, LE are looking at and/or believe that more than one person abducted Isa...not just a single suspect? Or am I reading way too much into it???

The border patrol was alerted right away. I can't find the Chief's video where he said they notified the border right away but from this link you can see the border patrol was assisting by the 22nd of April. You will have to scroll down. We are too close to the border for them not to be notified asap.

New details on missing 6-year-old
04/22/2012 03:03 PM

What police do know is the search for this missing girl continues to grow. All resources are being used including police, FBI, Border Patrol, canines from the Department of Corrections and canines are also being flown in from the FBI in Virginia to aid in the search.

http://www.kvoa.com/full-coverage/finding-isabel/

Even if someone decide to take her over the border, why her? What made her someone's target?

Sent from my SGH-i937 using Board Express

(If linking this isn't allowed please let me know!)

From the June 4th Arizona Public Media article

http://www.azpm.org/news/story/2012/6/4/1558-police-on-missing-tucson-girl-there-are-suspects/
“Right now we’re at a point where we are following investigative paths that keep us quite busy,” Villaseñor says. “We think that this was an abduction of some kind, so obviously that infers that there are suspects that we are looking at, or people of interest that we're looking at.”

I read that as, LE are looking at and/or believe that more than one person abducted Isa...not just a single suspect? Or am I reading way too much into it???

Yep, there's enough around them to look at even, myspace can be interesting.

Can't help but be a bit curious about the lone woman at the end of this video who was concerned that she had not been interviewed by LE. At the end of the video it was reported that she was going to call 88-crime. I'm wondering what it is that she knows that she feels LE needs to know........:waitasec:

I also pictured the boys Pike talked about that played with SC's boys were kids, not adults.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam