2010.11.30 - Confusion over reports, re: Dumpster vs Wilderness

WhyaDuck?

Inactive
Reaction score
I am seeing a lot of people confused over new reports that say evidence was disposed in a Dumpster - evidence we may have thought was found in various outdoor locations.

This thread is for the discussion of (1) how that could be possible, and (2) the veracity of either the original wilderness find reports or the Dumpster statements.

First task is to compile MSM and doc clips pertaining to both reports, so we can compare them.

oops, I found the conversation about it, you guys were talking about the leg and gel liner, my bad! Carry on, lol.

I thought the "items they wrapped the remains in" were thrown in the dumpsters, and they scattered the body parts in the "wilderness", am I confused again?

I am always confused. I never have any time to understand anything any more on here!

This is why I wanted to look at the doc snips and MSM reports for this question.

oops, I found the conversation about it, you guys were talking about the leg and gel liner, my bad! Carry on, lol.

What I have found is from the October 27th warrant probable cause section, this would be included in Group 3 of the warrants posted at WBTV, it reads as follows:

17. The first location shown to this Affiant was a dumpster located at the Fox Ridge Apartments, 1445 4th St Dr NW in Hickory. Elisa Baker communicated through Attorney Lisa Dubbs that Elisa and Adam Baker threw Zahra's prosthetic leg into the dumpster located at this location. The prosthetic leg was wrapped in a white trash bag according to information passed from Elisa Baker through Lisa Dubbs.

In the defense motion Dubbs specifies that the gel liner was found at Christie Road and EB identified it. The press has reported the prosthetic leg was found at Christie Road. LE has only confirmed the prosthetic was found but to my knowledge they have not really said where it was found. We do know from LE it was identifed as Zahra's.

This seems perhaps insignificant but to me and just my opinion, the actual location is significant. I do not know from what we have, where this prosthetic truly was found. I just do not believe it could have been found in the dumpster as EB took LE to that location on October 26th. That indicates the dumpster would not have been emptied in at least 17 days.

You know me - details :banghead:

IIRC the warrant stated EB said they placed the comforter and car cover in the dumpster AFTER they used the comforter and car cover to "transport her body".

The big question for me is why separate it? Why the leg in one place and the liner in another?

IIRC the warrant stated EB said they placed the comforter and car cover in the dumpster AFTER they used the comforter and car cover to "transport her body".

The car cover and comforter were taken to the Fair Value Grocery Store in Hudson - different location- different dumpster.

So we have the "leg" in one dumpster. (Fox Ridge Apartments) The gel liner on the side of the road. (Christie Rd.) The comforter and car cover in another dumpster. (Fair Value Grocery Store in Hudson) And at LEAST two locations of remains. Mattress in the garbage dump. What else am I missing?

So we have the "leg" in one dumpster. (Fox Ridge Apartments) The gel liner on the side of the road. (Christie Rd.) The comforter and car cover in another dumpster. (Fair Value Grocery Store in Hudson) And at LEAST two locations of remains. Mattress in the garbage dump. What else am I missing?

The mattress and box springs went to 6 Congress in Granite Falls :D

Pretty much a straight line down 321 for the dumpsters, interesting pattern, then you have Christie Road and Dudley Shoals Road - a ways east and of course the unidentified (by the press) search of the Henry Mill Road area.

But I am still very much wondering why the prosthetic was separated from the liner and the two items taken to two locations. Tricky.

a bone found on Christy rd, what appeared to be a car cover in the backyard during the search (IIRC), a huge dispersal pattern all over multiple counties. Does this mean the prosthesis was found wrapped in white plastic bag? if so - I bet they could still get dna or fingerprints off of the bag (possibly some duct tape - reminiscent of the Anthony's) since the passing of time was only a few weeks. I am imagining that the leg was tightly wrapped in the plastic not just tossed inside. Wouldn't that mean the garbage dump would possibly have multiple places to search due to the multiple dumpsters?

It doesn't copy well so I will just have to type it here.

In the bond motion it says....EB identified the object found as a part of a prosthetic leg and specifically identified it as a gel liner that belonged to ZB.

I hope that helps.

The mattress and box springs went to 6 Congress in Granite Falls :D

Pretty much a straight line down 321 for the dumpsters, interesting pattern, then you have Christie Road and Dudley Shoals Road - a ways east and of course the unidentified (by the press) search of the Henry Mill Road area.

But I am still very much wondering why the prosthetic was separated from the liner and the two items taken to two locations. Tricky.

That is driving me bonkers. Why do that??????? The only thing that I can figure out is for whatever reason the liner was not in the leg, and in the ensuing panic of cleaning up the crime scene it was missed when they tossed the leg? But then.......were they panicked? Seems pretty calm and planned to dispose of things the way they did, so that leads me right back to WHY 2 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS????????? :banghead:

That is driving me bonkers. Why do that??????? The only thing that I can figure out is for whatever reason the liner was not in the leg, and in the ensuing panic of cleaning up the crime scene it was missed when they tossed the leg? But then.......were they panicked? Seems pretty calm and planned to dispose of things the way they did, so that leads me right back to WHY 2 DIFFERENT LOCATIONS????????? :banghead:

Lets add to the confusion - the date on this report is 10/27/2010 - LE confirms the prosthetic was found - gives a description even. LE does not say where only that information was passed to search teams, but the press says in the brush off of Christie Road.

http://sandhills.news14.com/content...osthetic-leg-during-zahra-baker-investigation

Also, one of the warrant inventories, identifies four liners as being removed from the home.

It seems to me that things were taken and (I hate this word) discarded at various locations possibly at various times. Starting with the body. It would seem as though this was done strategically. In a panic and hurried you would think it would all be placed in the same location. Stopping and going dumping various things you would think more along the lines of possibly getting caught. So now I wonder if it was more of doing it in several different trips, or as said before, two vehicles used and it was here you take this half and I'll take that one. (Oh my stomach) That doesn't fit much either though. EB says they as in her and AB being together. Unless as someone said before, AB is involved and it had to be done at night, he needed some kind of sleep. I just don't know. Sigh.

Lets add to the confusion - the date on this report is 10/27/2010 - LE confirms the prosthetic was found - gives a description even. LE does not say where only that information was passed to search teams, but the press says in the brush off of Christie Road.

http://sandhills.news14.com/content...osthetic-leg-during-zahra-baker-investigation

Also, one of the warrant inventories, identifies four liners as being removed from the home.

Hopefully you can answer this question. Is that the one where LE said they were led there on information, but not from EB? This article doesn't state that and I can't for the life of me remember what was found when that was said. I do remember it being said though.

Teh, or anyone feel free, I do not mean this to be insensitive but in all honesty I do not know the answer to this question but here goes:

Does anyone know if a person with an amputation such as Zahra had routinely sleeps with or without the prosthetic ? As I said, not meaning to be insensitive.

In reality, since Zahra's hearing aides were left behind, why not her prosthesis if she did not sleep with it attached ? I am just having a hard time thinking one person alone could make all these trips to dumpsters, differing country roads and remote locations, digging a hole and all this after the exertion of dismembering a body and cleaning up the residence afterwards to hide it from a hard working tree cutter.

Hopefully you can answer this question. Is that the one where LE said they were led there on information, but not from EB? This article doesn't state that and I can't for the life of me remember what was found when that was said. I do remember it being said though.

I believe that was in relation to the Indian Grave Road search - I could be mistaken though but that is what I am thinking. My recollection was on Indian Grave Road they were asking the neighbors if their dogs had brought up any unusual bones. They did find some kind of "tool" on that search but were not sure it was related.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back