2011.02.24 Deviant images & *advertiser censored* found on a computer and memory stick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Country updated their article again --

Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs has been quoted as saying the some of the images included child *advertiser censored* and bestiality. KTAB reporter Tiffany Tatro is working to confirm that.

I don't quite get that. If an article quotes a Sheriff, why does the reporter have to confirm it? Are they insinuating that the Sheriff really didn't say it?

confoosed.

Mel

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=346446
it is because KTAB is behind the 8 ball... the abilene reporter news had the info first/filed the FOIA and got the quotes from LE...

now KTAB finally got the same documents and has not talked with LE...

moo

Here's the article re: the cell phone information:

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext?nxd_id=343746

Though search warrant affidavits revealed a timeline of calls made by key players in the disappearance of 13-year-old Hailey Dunn, we likely won't know anytime soon to whom the calls in question were made.

The City of Colorado City has denied a request made under the Freedom of Information Act to release those cell phone records.

Wow!! But, they chose to release the results of the electronic equipment. That could stir up speculation I think. Maybe they didn't find anything or maybe they found a lot and are still investigating it.

Thank you. Did they say why the weren't going to release them? tia

I think it was on the grounds of pertaining to an active investigation..they must want to keep that evidence to themselves at this point. Guess they don't care inquiring minds are dying to know. :D

There was just a big expose on this in my state. There were several caught with the child *advertiser censored* and for selling child *advertiser censored*. From what they said on this program, it is like a society where you have to join and then once trusted the pics get sold to you. So I agree it isn' t like clicking on *advertiser censored*. You have to go through groups who hold this stuff.

I hate to open up the ping debate, but I do have a question. Does the phone just ping if there is a call being made or does it ping all the time? tia

I think they ping all the time off of the nearest tower.

grandmaj: Jackalope, lol... I got your very good point, promise. That just made me smile...

Regarding the child *advertiser censored*, not speculating who was in the pictures ... but is this something you would buy on the internet, not just download for free?

TIA

It has never crossed my mind that the images had BD, SA, HD, or the family pet in them. I think it is stuff someone downloaded/viewed online.

It's interesting that Texas does not seem to have a law against bestiality (http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ovuszoophilia.htm)(bbm), defined as follows:

Zoophilia is broadly defined as the affinity or sexual attraction by a human to a non-human animal. See Wikipedia, Zoophilia, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoophilia (describing the emotional and sexual attraction of humans to animals) (as of June 24, 2008, 15:48 GMT). More recently, the term “zoosexuality” has been used to more accurately reflect the full spectrum of a “human/animal orientation.” Id. The term “bestiality” is often used interchangeably with “zoophilia,” though some suggest that this is inaccurate. Id. In the legal system, the term bestiality is most often used to describe human-animal sexual activity without specifying the requisite sexual act. This is in addition to use of the term “sodomy,” which not only covers sexual acts with animals but also certain human sexual acts. (For more on the history and psychology of zoophilia, please see the above Wikipedia link).

Again, the MSM link about the bestiality found (bbm):

Michell County Sheriff Patrick Toombs has been quoted as saying the some of the images included child *advertiser censored* and bestiality. KTAB reporter Tiffany Tatro is working to confirm that.

http://bigcountryhomepage.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=346446

ETA: According to the link about the laws above, bestiality is governed by state laws, not federal laws. Anyone else have more info about Texas law? I assumed it would be outlawed in all 50 states but only 30 supposedly have laws against it.

What was it a few days ago that LE would not release that some news agency had asked for. Seems funny they release this now. Sorry, I am old and my memory is bad. :)

If I recall correctly, which is a big if at this point in my brain, it had to do with the cell phones and what was gleened from them. I think it was requested by MSM under the FOIA but was denied.

JMO, but I get the feeling that the above (cell phone msgs., etc) is the next bomb that's going to explode. Wanna take bets on who really sent that text msg to MB?

So WHY didn't she just let Hailey move out when she wanted to? I just DO NOT GET IT.

Control? If Hailey discovered some of this stuff or knew things about BD/SA that could be damaging to them--easier to control what she says and to whom when she's under their roof/thumbs?

It goes without saying. It was in her dresser drawer in her house and she gave permission for the search! :crazy:

Couldn't they take fingerprints off of the stick and CD-R?

I think fingerprints would only indicate that the items had been touched by whomever.

IANAL, but I believe in order to prosecute for possession the DA needs to prove beyond a reasonable doubt to a jury that those in possession had knowledge of what the items contained.

IMO - it may be easier to prove SA's connection, but possibly more difficult with regards to BD.

I think that's where it gets sticky.

The DA needs to establish who owned the material & who had knowledge of it.

IIRC, they wouldn't release the results of the cell phone warrants. Notice the Reporter article about the images mentions that they did receive those records, but they chose not release what was in them.

I'm old too, but I think I'm remembering this part right. :)

iirc it also said that ALL info was retireved from the cell phones from the 25th onward. This includes the deleted stuff sa did in front of LE. imo. Just a little sentence that got lost cuz of all the images. IMO LE is letting ba & sa know they have it all.

Control? If Hailey discovered some of this stuff or knew things about BD/SA that could be damaging to them--easier to control what she says and to whom when she's under their roof/thumbs?

Didn't CJ say HD liked to tattle?

If I recall correctly, which is a big if at this point in my brain, it had to do with the cell phones and what was gleened from them. I think it was requested by MSM under the FOIA but was denied.

JMO, but I get the feeling that the above (cell phone msgs., etc) is the next bomb that's going to explode. Wanna take bets on who really sent that text msg to HD?

I read this to mean they had the returned search warrent which would show the data.

The results of the warrants confiscating the cell phones were obtained through Mitchell County Judge Ray Mayo's office

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2011/feb/24/deviant-images-found-computer-mother-suspect-case/

If the cops found child *advertiser censored* in the home and did not make an arrest right away I would suppose they would get any kids out of the house at least.

Billie said the pictures did not belong to her or Shawn, well then who do they belong to Billie?

I just bet that the images on the memory stick at Billie's were downloaded from the computer at SA's mom's house. The denial won't fly. jmo

It has never crossed my mind that the images had BD, SA, HD, or the family pet in them. I think it is stuff someone downloaded/viewed online.

It's interesting that Texas does not seem to have a law against bestiality (http://www.animallaw.info/articles/ovuszoophilia.htm)(bbm):

Again, the MSM link about the bestiality found (bbm):

ETA: According to the link about the laws above, bestiality is governed by state laws, not federal laws. Anyone else have more info about Texas law? I assumed it would be outlawed in all 50 states but only 30 supposedly have laws against it.

Bold and Italics (me)

Looks like it falls under Texas Penal Code section for "Obscenity" :waitasec:
SUBCHAPTER B. OBSCENITY

Sec. 43.21. DEFINITIONS. (a) In this subchapter:
(1) "Obscene" means material or a performance that:
(A) the average person, applying contemporary community standards, would find that taken as a whole appeals to the prurient interest in sex;
(B) depicts or describes:
(i) patently offensive representations or descriptions of ultimate sexual acts, normal or perverted, actual or simulated, including sexual intercourse, sodomy, and sexual bestiality;

http://law.justia.com/codes/texas/2005/pe/009.00.000043.00.html
http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/docs/PE/htm/PE.43.htm

O/T - No wonder we couldn't find it...look how they spelled it in the statutes...I had to look up the spelling to make sure I wasn't crazy in thinking they spelled it incorrectly...LOL

JMO, but I get the feeling that the above (cell phone msgs., etc) is the next bomb that's going to explode. Wanna take bets on who really sent that text msg to MB?

What message sent to HD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members