Manorville Bodies: A Second Killer? Latest Remains found 02/17/2012

Very true. But if you look at the ritualistic aspect of the GB4, he sticks to his MO to a tee. (At least based on the info LE have released)

I totally agree that the gb4 screams of one sk and that the others may have similarities but clearly have differences. That may be one reason why le is not so quick to state that they think one sk is good for all of the crimes. But, what we don't know is that he may have changed his mo concerning the earlier group of victims. I do think there are enough differences that indicate that there is more than one killer, but I wouldn't rule it out yet that only one sk is responsible.

I totally agree that the gb4 screams of one sk and that the others may have similarities but clearly have differences. That may be one reason why le is not so quick to state that they think one sk is good for all of the crimes. But, what we don't know is that he may have changed his mo concerning the earlier group of victims. I do think there are enough differences that indicate that there is more than one killer, but I wouldn't rule it out yet that only one sk is responsible.

Absolutely! But there has to but some reasoning from going from dismembering bodies to "preserving" them almost trophy like. He has had to "wash" them of any trace DNA evidence. And there is a ritualistic process involved in this so he doesn't miss anything. I personally believe this is part of his "thing". He is taunting LE in this way. Saying "look, I'm good and you ain't gonna find anything". He can make the calls to the family. Sure the murders are sexually motivated. But the way he plans them, carries them out, and prepares to discard them is also a large factor of his taunting LE. Sex, and death alone are not his only motivations. IMO

Since I seemed to have woke up this morning dialed-in with an accurate hunch that the Manorville cases are linked to the ones in Gilgo (if you noticed, I actually posted this hunch and started this thread hours before the news broke), I'm hoping to take advantage of this mysterious state of awareness and post my next gut-feeling;

I strongly feel like these murders are not the work of a serial killer but the work of an organized crime organization.

Not the Mafia... Nope, don't feel it. But yes, an organized crime organization like a gang, a sex-slave ring, a wanna-be crime family, etc... There seems to be a very large presence of Asian, Hispanic as well as Russian sex-trade rings in the NYC, Queens, Brooklyn & Long Island area. Some specialize in prostitution, some in exotic dancers, and some in hostels disguised as massage pallors or run inside night clubs. Then of course, there are many girls who declare themselves. "independents".

With the tough economy, competition surely is intense in all industries (legal or illegal). Turf wars surely must exist. So does disloyalty, stealing, cheating, scamming, etc... IMO, these murders are the result of an organized crime group taking lives as a method of enforcing their rules, punishing those who break them, and possibly eliminating the competition. I now understand "the loop" that we charted and discussed in another thread. It is clear to me that the thugs responsible for the murders of the girls dumped in Manorville came from the West (most likey Brooklyn, Queens or maybe Nassau). On route back home they crossed over to Ocean Parkway and literally threw the heads, hands and feet out the window near Gilgo. This pattern was repeated at least twice.

The presence of the two male bodies that were dumped in that same stretch as well as the discovery of a head in a pond nearby also suggests an organized crime ring dumping ground.

The taunting phone calls to one of the victim's sisters suggest to me that one of the criminals responsible for the murders is a sick puppy who gets his kicks from that kind of sadistic behavior.

I enjoyed your post and theory, but who is to say that it is not a person with some experience in LE framing it to look like just an organized crime dump scene? There are some very smart sick and sadisctic people out there. I would not put it past someone to do this. If that person knew where those places were, why not just dump victims there so LE would be thrown off the trail?

it looks like an organised dump scene because our killer is organized...very methodical...have they even found a hair?

http://www.longislandpress.com/2012/02/18/cops-skeletal-remains-found-in-manorville-likely-human/

Cops: Remains Found in Manorville Likely HumanBy Rashed Mian, Jaclyn Gallucci and Timothy Bolger on February 18th, 2012

Quotes:

Suffolk County police returned to Manorville Saturday morning to investigate the discovery of skeletal remains believed to be human nearby where partial remains were found a decade prior with possible links to the Long Island Serial Killer case.

Police were more confident that the remains were human upon taking first glance at them in the daylight

(More in the link)

I thought it would be helpful to bring the discussion about a new body found in Manorville over to this thread....

"Police were more confident that the remains were human upon taking first glance at them in the daylight after a man walking his dog reported the discovery Friday evening in a wooded area about 300 feet off North Street near Wading River Road. Investigators believe the remains have been in the area for about five years, based on the foliage around it."

http://www.longislandpress.com/2012/02/18/cops-skeletal-remains-found-in-manorville-likely-human/

our killer doesnt stop long...he pulls over and dispatches his quarry just far enough in to hide....then he's back on the road...drive and dump. ...

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-remains-found-in-manorville-are-human-1.3539870

Police: Remains found in Manorville are human

Published: February 18, 2012 10:14 AM

Skeletal remains found Friday evening in a rural area of Manorville are human and are estimated to have been there for about five years , according to Suffolk County police.

Suffolk homicide detectives returned to the scene of the gruesome discovery Saturday morning after a jogger and his dog discovered the remains at 6:30 p.m. Friday.

The remains were found in a wooded area about 300...

According to this article, the new remains appear to have been there about 5 years. That would put us in the 2007 time frame - same as Maureen Brainard Barnes and the Cherry Tattoed Victim who was found in a suitcase with a pair of pants that washed up on Mamaroneck.

"The remains were covered by debris, and judging by the growth of vegetation around the remains police estimate they have been there at least five years, according to the spokeswoman. An anthropologist has been called in to help evaluate the scene, she said. Police believe the remains to be human, she said."

http://riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4565-police-human-skeletal-remains-found-in-manorville-woods

I thought it would be helpful to bring the discussion about a new body found in Manorville over to this thread....

"Police were more confident that the remains were human upon taking first glance at them in the daylight after a man walking his dog reported the discovery Friday evening in a wooded area about 300 feet off North Street near Wading River Road. Investigators believe the remains have been in the area for about five years, based on the foliage around it."

Makes one wonder how many more may be around. They could have just touched the tip of the iceberg on possible victims.

Will also be interesting to find out whether victim was dismembered or not.

According to this article, the new remains appear to have been there about 5 years. That would put us in the 2007 time frame - same as Maureen Brainard Barnes and the Cherry Tattoed Victim who was found in a suitcase with a pair of pants that washed up on Mamaroneck.

"The remains were covered by debris, and judging by the growth of vegetation around the remains police estimate they have been there at least five years, according to the spokeswoman. An anthropologist has been called in to help evaluate the scene, she said. Police believe the remains to be human, she said."

http://riverheadlocal.com/breaking-news/4565-police-human-skeletal-remains-found-in-manorville-woods

If I understand those articles correctly, the first two male bodies in MV weren't dismembered and they say nothing about partial in this case either? Would be interesting to know, whether any remains of clothing were found. Knowing SFPD, we will probably not hear too many details.

What a sad day to have yet another victim the world may not even know about. No disrespect to W.Huston, miss her too, but we have the world mourning her today with her funeral. Why can't we have just as much energy put into the missing people and children? My guess is we would not have so many victims.

Sorry rant off.

What a sad day to have yet another victim the world may not even know about. No disrespect to W.Huston, miss her too, but we have the world mourning her today with her funeral. Why can't we have just as much energy put into the missing people and children? My guess is we would not have so many victims.

Sorry rant off.

@The Quiet Girl - true.... that is one of the reasons I love all of our WS posters - we DO care, and we DO NOT forget.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/suffolk/police-remains-found-in-manorville-are-human-1.3539870

Some more details seem to be coming out... I know not everyone can get onto newsday.com so here are a few quotes:

Matt Samuel, of North Road in Manorville, said he was heading home after hunting deer when he discovered the body, which was wrapped in a bed sheet and a plastic bag.

The remains were found 300 yards from North Street in a wooded area of the 530-acre Upton Ecological and Research Reserve, a protected pine barrens run by Brookhaven National Laboratory.

The Manorville location is several miles from where the partial remains of Gilgo Beach slaying victim Jessica Taylor, 20, of New York City, were found more than eight years ago.

I really hope they are able to ID this person quickly. They're not sure if it is connected to the LISK case, as stated in the article, several bodies have been found in that general area over the years.

The Associated Press
Police probe skeletal remains found on Long Island
February 18, 2012
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...4NZ04g?docId=0bd7bcabe1484919b08f2791c1dc2b14

"The latest set of bones was discovered at around 6:30 p.m. Friday in a pine barrens in Manorville. A resident of the town, Matt Samuel, said he was walking through the area with his dog when he made the find."

"I probably walked by it a hundred times before, and I saw it kind of sticking out of the ground, and it looked unusual. I looked a little closer and from there discovered that it was human remains," he said, adding that it looked like the body had decomposed many years ago. "It was wrapped in bed sheets and a plastic bag, It was a whole body, but just the bones, there was trees growing up through it, so it has been there a long time."

The New York Times
More Human Remains Are Found on Long Island
By Al Baker
Published: February 18, 2012
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/19/nyregion/more-human-remains-are-found-on-long-island.html

“At this time, we cannot say if the remains are connected to any other cases,” a police spokeswoman said on Saturday. “The scene will be processed and re-evaluated to see if any further searching is necessary. At this point, we are at the preliminary stages of the investigation”

The spokeswoman said that investigators “cannot yet determine the age or gender of the remains.”

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back