Searching for Seka

Wow! Thanks, Raf. This is really interesting. I was looking for words and numbers similar in size to the legible parts of the letter.

Now it looks like the obliterated text includes some large-size words and numbers and some tiny words and numbers.

On the right of the first obliterated line, I see the numbers 341 237 3873 or 341 237 3874. Area code 341 is an old area code which shows overlay on 510 which refers to 925. 925 is defined as: California: Contra Costa area: Antioch, Concord, Pleasanton, Walnut Creek (split from 510)

http://www.bennetyee.org/ucsd-pages/area.html#510

So, the number becomes 925-237-3873 or 925-237-3874.

The reverse number search shows these telephone numbers are in Antioch, CA.

http://www.reversephonedetective.com/searchresults.php?p=925-237-3874

I also see 38230 on the second line of the first obliterated text. That could be the zip code for Greenfield, Tennessee.

Now, the question is what does it all mean, if anything?
Social Security numbers? (nine digits)...Swiss bank accounts?

Wow raf! How did you do that?

I see two things you posted... I see the 98973 and the 47040. Being 5 digits, I wonder if they are postal zip codes. Is there a numerical zip code directory with city and state? (too late for me to search... now)

I also noticed an unusual similarity to one of the documents with GB's handwriting. I see a gfge in black,bottom left of top pink area just after the white lettering. The f appears to have the same hand written appearance we have seen before.Was that GB or GW with that unusual written f? Not sure if that makes a difference other than to stand out at me that GB possibly had some influence over Seka for a period of time..until she made the choice to sever ties.

Could the gfge be an abbreviation for George? Could she have been taking notes from him and the first thing she found to write on was this postcard so she wrote tiny for space?

Wow raf! How did you do that?

I see two things you posted... I see the 98973 and the 47040. Being 5 digits, I wonder if they are postal zip codes. Is there a numerical zip code directory with city and state? (too late for me to search... now)

I also noticed an unusual similarity to one of the documents with GB's handwriting. I see a gfge in black,bottom left of top pink area just after the white lettering. The f appears to have the same hand written appearance we have seen before.Was that GB or GW with that unusual written f? Not sure if that makes a difference other than to stand out at me that GB possibly had some influence over Seka for a period of time..until she made the choice to sever ties.

Could the gfge be an abbreviation for George? Could she have been taking notes from him and the first thing she found to write on was this postcard so she wrote tiny for space?
Hi Cubby, it is a partial work, because it are many numbers also...
for what I understand it are almost 2 handwriting of 2 persons..one on other; the 2 little handwriting are the firsts, and on .. other more large....
the handwritings in little size- and sure 1 is of GB or both... in little size as a myopic person...
they are essentially numbers used as words, and some word :it are almost 2 gfge word and also other "f" and "Y"as GB handwriting... the words are no comprensible, and only some word is in english as "the-refine-add-call-Mrs" also, above, a partial name: Larry L....sesles ( Larry Lutsesles ? ??? :confused:) .... but maybe I'm in error...
regards, raf

Maybe the small-size writing was written on another piece of paper and the postcard was underneath so there is an impression on the postcard. ???

Hi Cubby, it is a partial work, because it are many numbers also...
for what I understand it are almost 2 handwriting of 2 persons..one on other; the 2 little handwriting are the firsts, and on .. other more large....
the handwritings in little size- and sure 1 is of GB or both... in little size as a myopic person...
they are essentially numbers used as words, and some word :it are almost 2 gfge word and also other "f" and "Y"as GB handwriting... the words are no comprensible, and only some word is in english as "the-refine-add-call-Mrs" also, above, a partial name: Larry L....sesles ( Larry Lutsesles ? ??? :confused:) .... but maybe I'm in error...
regards, raf

Maybe the small-size writing was written on another piece of paper and the postcard was underneath so there is an impression on the postcard. ???
It is possible.....
maybe knowing the numerology, the numbers meaning somethings.....
bye, raf

I just received the postcard back from Forensic Document Examiners yesterday. My problem is that the entire scribbled-put part is no more than an inch and a half in width. GB's writing was HUGE, possibly because of problems with eyesight (some examples are posted previously.) The postmark from Beograd is marked 21 VII 78, 11109, and there is a San Francisco stamp showing that it was received 28 July, 1978. Part of the writing is OVER the Beograd stamp, indicating that it was scribbled there after the card had been posted.

Hi KivaSupporter,

I may have totally missed this, but, did you hear back from the man who knew someone in Sradin who 'may' know the locals of the day?

Best you,

SKick.

Since we've tried the high-tech solutions and I have good scans of the scribbled-out words on the Seka postcard, I thought I'd try a low-tech solution and just try lightly erasing the top layer. Here's what I got. Does anyone see anything here? It occurred to me that it might be Greek, at least the bottom word, which could be KEPHALONIA (the Greek "Phi" in the place of the "Ph.)

Attachments

• Postcard 2.jpg
    Postcard 2.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 117
  • Post card.jpg
    Post card.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 117
I took the scan and made it larger and messed with the contrast. I can make out the KEPHALONIA but nothing on top really, besides a V. Can you guys make anything out?

Postcard2.jpg

Since we've tried the high-tech solutions and I have good scans of the scribbled-out words on the Seka postcard, I thought I'd try a low-tech solution and just try lightly erasing the top layer. Here's what I got. Does anyone see anything here? It occurred to me that it might be Greek, at least the bottom word, which could be KEPHALONIA (the Greek "Phi" in the place of the "Ph.)
Annasmom,

Have you turned it over, held it up against a bright light, or laid it on top of something bright and tried to read it from the back? I have done this with documents that are scribbled on top. Sometimes just 1 letter or number will become more obvious this way.

Annasmom,

Have you turned it over, held it up against a bright light, or laid it on top of something bright and tried to read it from the back? I have done this with documents that are scribbled on top. Sometimes just 1 letter or number will become more obvious this way.
The picture on the reverse of the card obscures this. I tried light pencil rubbing, bright sunlight. Whatever it is seems to be in quotation marks; the bottom word begins with a K and ends with an A. I don't really think this is teeny writing; what I can see seems normal size and is consistent with GW's handwriting. My best guess is that this Seka was someone he was interested in, but who bailed after he tried to recruit her as a Brody devotee. If KivaSupporter is able to get any information from her friend back in the old country, this might help fill in the picture. I also believe Seka was somehow associated with one of the clinics, either as a patient or possibly as a volunteer, but this is just my guess. At any rate, I do not believe she played an important role in the Anna saga..it's just part of the GB/GW mystery which we would like to unravel.

The picture on the reverse of the card obscures this. I tried light pencil rubbing, bright sunlight. Whatever it is seems to be in quotation marks; the bottom word begins with a K and ends with an A. I don't really think this is teeny writing; what I can see seems normal size and is consistent with GW's handwriting. My best guess is that this Seka was someone he was interested in, but who bailed after he tried to recruit her as a Brody devotee. If KivaSupporter is able to get any information from her friend back in the old country, this might help fill in the picture. I also believe Seka was somehow associated with one of the clinics, either as a patient or possibly as a volunteer, but this is just my guess. At any rate, I do not believe she played an important role in the Anna saga..it's just part of the GB/GW mystery which we would like to unravel.

Could it read Komarnica?

Could it read Komarnica?

Certainly it's possible. When you Google Komarnica (Croatia), you also see a town called Brodski not too far off..Where are you, KivaSupporter? We need you.

Hi KivaSupporter,

I may have totally missed this, but, did you hear back from the man who knew someone in Sradin who 'may' know the locals of the day?

Best you,

SKick.

We are still in touch. He is following a lead to the person who probably knew Seka and Seka's family.

Certainly it's possible. When you Google Komarnica (Croatia), you also see a town called Brodski not too far off..Where are you, KivaSupporter? We need you.

Actually, there is more than one Komarnica.

I believe that it is more likely it is the one in Montenegro (Crna Gora) which used to be a part of Serbia. It is a very rugged and beautiful part of the country. Komarnica is a village. There is also a river Komarnica and a cave Komarnica, all close to each other. The area is located in the southeast of former Yugoslavia, relatively close to Greece (approx. 200 miles).

I wonder why that was written on the postcard.

The red dot on the map shows where the Komarnica village is located.

If it is the word "Komarnica" and it is in Brody's handwriting, the question of why he would write that word is curious. But more directly, that seems like a word that would not normally be familar to someone with Brody's suposed educational level. For him to have spelled the word correctly without any previous exposure to it seems unlikely. (I recognize that I am assuming that the word IS spelled correctly even though we cannot completely decipher the scribble. It is just that from what we can decipher, it appears correct. I find that odd.)

If it is the word "Komarnica" and it is in Brody's handwriting, the question of why he would write that word is curious. But more directly, that seems like a word that would not normally be familar to someone with Brody's suposed educational level. For him to have spelled the word correctly without any previous exposure to it seems unlikely. (I recognize that I am assuming that the word IS spelled correctly even though we cannot completely decipher the scribble. It is just that from what we can decipher, it appears correct. I find that odd.)

I agree it is very, very odd.

Komarnica is an area where people go hiking and kayaking. Other than that, it is not a tourist spot. It is a very rugged terrain. Even most people in former Yugoslavia don't know about it. The village of Komarnica is rather small. There is no industry there. I imagine people have small gardens, chickens, pigs, goats, and one or two cows. I cannot imagine how G. would have known about it, unless Seka had told him. Maybe she had some relatives there, possibly grandparents. But even if she had told him about it, why would he write it down?

Here is how one person from the area describes it:
"Somewhat neglected natural phenomenon is the canyon of the river Komarnica and its most beautiful part, the unreachable Nevideo (which means Never Seen). (It is difficult to reach and only a few have done it.) It is beside the village of the same name as the river. This is the village from which most of the Durmitorians come. This is the village from which the people often immigrated to Virak and Zabljak settlements. Nowadays it is somehow the end of the world. Almost nobody comes. Local residents live quietly, undisturbed by all the madness and tempo of civilization to which the urban people belong."

I am very much interested in what others think.

The road to Komarnica. Unpaved and rarely travelled.

I agree it is very, very odd.

Komarnica is an area where people go hiking and kayaking. Other than that, it is not a tourist spot. It is a very rugged terrain. Even most people in former Yugoslavia don't know about it. The village of Komarnica is rather small. There is no industry there. I imagine people have small gardens, chickens, pigs, goats, and one or two cows. I cannot imagine how G. would have known about it, unless Seka had told him. Maybe she had some relatives there, possibly grandparents. But even if she had told him about it, why would he write it down?

Here is how one person from the area describes it:
"Somewhat neglected natural phenomenon is the canyon of the river Komarnica and its most beautiful part, the unreachable Nevideo (which means Never Seen). (It is difficult to reach and only a few have done it.) It is beside the village of the same name as the river. This is the village from which most of the Durmitorians come. This is the village from which the people often immigrated to Virak and Zabljak settlements. Nowadays it is somehow the end of the world. Almost nobody comes. Local residents live quietly, undisturbed by all the madness and tempo of civilization to which the urban people belong."

I am very much interested in what others think.

The road to Komarnica. Unpaved and rarely travelled.
If the population is isolated, I suppose there's some possibility that GW might have been interested in medical research there...similar to that which he did on the Greek island of Euboeia, on which many women have thyroid problems which apparently are genetic. Almost anything is a wild guess at this point. Your pictures are beautifuil, however.

Could it read Komarnica?

This is only a wild guess. Annasmom believed the word started with a "K" and ended with an "A". There may be other places that start with K and end with A. Could it also be more than one word with the last word being Ann"a"?

My hunch is that is in GW's handwriting.

Thinking abt Seka name, as surname, it are some women with Seka surname, also in Oakland (a Psychologist and a Artist in Berkeley, born in Yugoslavia) ... so it is possible that, really, Seka was a surname and not a nickname( little sister)???
All the best,
raf

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bosie