2010.12.21 Stream of Motions - General Discussion

oooh? i just read the Subpeona Duces Tecum and notice that it directly references Websleuths, and some photos that it claims were once posted here. Do we know what these are? And was Websleuths or the other site listed actually included in the service of this motion? (This should also really answer any questions about the extent to which the defense does read here... HI JOSE! :seeya:)

oooh? i just read the Subpeona Duces Tecum and notice that it directly references Websleuths, and some photos that it claims were once posted here. Do we know what these are? And was Websleuths or the other site listed actually included in the service of this motion? (This should also really answer any questions about the extent to which the defense does read here... HI JOSE! :seeya:)

I was really confused by this motion, maybe because I was so shocked that Webslueths was mentioned (don't know why?). So they want all posts and photographs JJ posted? I don't ever remember reading any posts by JJ, so I would love to read them too!! HEY HOSE-A:loser:

It looks like His Honor JP is going to hear 22 defense motions Monday afternoon. He has not scheduled either of the State's motions, I wonder if he intends to give these motions therir own hearing.

I am a little surprised in that I thought the State would be allowed to have more time to put their arguements against granting the motions together. I wonder if this means HHJP is going to flat out deny most of them so doesn't need to hear the state's arguements. Perhaps he thinks the State will already be prepared to argue their side.

To our legal eagles here - do you think the motions are being heard rather sooner than the State had hoped for? the additional ones, not the first six.

HI JOSE!:wave:

Oh Jose...
You are not in Hollywood, in "The Fugitive", or "Secret Agent Man"
or the new not yet made for TV movie, "The Big Bad Bloggers"
This is real life.
Get a Grip

It looks like His Honor JP is going to hear 22 defense motions Monday afternoon. He has not scheduled either of the State's motions, I wonder if he intends to give these motions therir own hearing.

I am a little surprised in that I thought the State would be allowed to have more time to put their arguements against granting the motions together. I wonder if this means HHJP is going to flat out deny most of them so doesn't need to hear the state's arguements. Perhaps he thinks the State will already be prepared to argue their side.

To our legal eagles here - do you think the motions are being heard rather sooner than the State had hoped for? the additional ones, not the first six.

No legal-eagle here, but I think the State has been prepared for this. They had to know that it was coming? Right?

Maybe he'll schedule the State's motions after 5pm that day? Would be nice to see Jose think he is done for the day and then have to come back (or stay past (not passed)) 5pm.

Happy New Year!

I can see HHJP scheduling a quick Saturday hearing for all these motions, before the next Status hearing scheduled for the 14th I believe.

Just to put this all in perspective. Yeah we ridicule JB and the defense. But to be honest these are for the most part motions that they had to file, even when they know they have no chance of them actually winning. We have known this since the begining that at around this point the defense would have to release a flurry of motion spam trying to exclude everything and anything. As HHJS said way back, "they can ask for anything, they just probably won't get it". The key is they have to file the motions now in order to leave the avenue open for appeal. if they didn't ask for it now, no matter how insane or pointless it seems, they can't go back and ask for it later on appeal.

So yeah these motions are going down in flames. HHJP knows it. The SA knows it and most of the defense team knows it. (can't actually predict whether JB realizes this or is still hoping for a big win here). It will be interesting to watch KC's reaction to all of this. I can't see here as accepting that these aren't "brilliant arguments that will save her because they simply can't talk about these things". So she may be a bit distraught when the repeated rulings of "denied with prejudice" come out.

A few of these are actually somewhat legit, and once again we knew had to be coming. Heck the judge has coached JB on submitting the Frye stuff. The heart sticker is a legitimate evidentiary problem that any defense attorney should be arguing against. While not a guaranteed win, there is some reasonable argument to be made about blocking the jail house video of KC's reaction to the body being found. It was less than ideal LE procedure. A good lawyer would and should call them on it.

And this is why in the end this is a good thing for those of us waiting anxiously for justice to be served fro Caylee. All of these motions are stuff that we know will not fly. BUT the very act of making them once again proves and reinforces that KC has a competent defense team working vigorously as her advocates. Not a single incompetent boob. She has a team, they are filing motions and expending time and energy to defend her. I'm betting that baring some finding of a major financial impropriety that this flurry of motions will probably effectively kill off any even remote possibility of an appeal based on ineffective council.

Remember Caylee's justice is a big picture item. These motions are small stuff that everyone knew had to be filed in order to get us to trial.

Thank you again FaeFrost for such an informed post! Just when I start feeling a "little" (ha!) anxiety about all this activity, you are hugely helpful for slowing the heartbeat and getting the feet back on the floor. Hugely appreciate your consistent, rational and steadying posts!

So Thanks!!..................:yourock:

Pretty amazing Nums24!

I vaguely remember sitting around on about December 15th, thinking - well once we have the hearing on the 20th, it's going to be really boring on the thread for about three or four weeks while we wait for the major players to have their Christmas and New Years.

And I remember my "Please, Santa, bring me a BIG present for Christmas".

Wow!................:fireworks:

There really is a Santa!!!!!...........:loveyou:..........:skip:

OT -- On topic fun....

I have a feeling there will be another motion by KC - her favorite words are on the banished list this year and I am sure she will object!

http://www.lssu.edu/banished/current.php

EPIC AND FAIL!!!!!!!!!!! LMAO

Now back to catching up.
Who are the doctors listed here: http://www.wftv.com/pdf/26331346/detail.html
or where can I read about them?
Major catch up day -- was reading the Jonathan Foster case for days and days. TIA.

Okay, I have received some direction and approved the posts I had previously "hidden" per Tricia's instructions.

Please understand I was not attempting to censor anyone, this motion just caught me off-guard and I was not quite sure how to handle it until I spoke with the admins. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as I learn this new mod stuff. It is like being a "newbie" again at times. lol

Resume talking freely and just be mindful of the TOS.

Having her family try and get info out of her without her lawyer present was neither "fair nor honest"?? Unlike your honest client Jose? THEY WERE TRYING TO FIND THEIR BABY!!

The diary of days myspace motion is a stretch! Sure ICA used three songs to write a poem. I think the PI went google crazy and looked to see what could fit this insane motion! :banghead:

Defense will lose this!

Okay, I talked have received some direction and approved the posts I had previously "hidden" per Tricia's instructions.

Please understand I was not attempting to censor anyone, this motion just caught me off-guard and I was not quite sure how to handle it until I spoke with the admins. Thank you so much for your patience and understanding as I learn this new mod stuff. It is like being a "newbie" again at times. lol

Thank you 'Beach. You did the right thing. It's hard to know exactly what to do when stuff like this pops up.

Honestly? I'm surprised it took the defense this long to subpoena something from us.

I'll have more to say later after I read everything. Feel free to comment.

Thanks again everyone for all your hard work on Websleuths. You all are truly amazing people.

Tricia

Okay, I have received some direction and approved the posts I had previously "hidden" per Tricia's instructions.

No need to explain, Beach! We understand you have a job to do. May I add that you are doing a fab job? :rocker:

Noone can blame you for being careful with that one.

Let me add to the other's opinions that you're doing a great job.

I don't want to go searching for the posts and photographs by JJ out of respect for what is going on (they may not even be available?), but can anyone tell me a little bit more about what JJ was posting here? Was it anything even worth all this trouble? Is there anything really of value to the defense?

I think I remember hearing that he posted here or something. It tickles the back of my brain when I think about it, so I don't think I actually saw posts from him, just heard he was posting here...or maybe I did but at the time they didn't seem all that important to me. I really wish I could remember! It must have been awhile ago that he posted here...and shoot, wasn't Cindy printing off stuff from us a long time ago? I'm surprised she didn't print off his stuff and give it to Baez!

And now we have solid proof that yes, the defense reads here. Defense, don't you have better things to do, like defend your client, than be reading on a crime forum? *waves*

I don't want to go searching for the posts and photographs by JJ out of respect for what is going on (they may not even be available?), but can anyone tell me a little bit more about what JJ was posting here? Was it anything even worth all this trouble? Is there anything really of value to the defense?

I could be wrong, (it has happened before :crazy:) , but IIRC, JJ stated there was water there and that particular area couldn't be searched. Anyone else remember it this way? I don't think that would help the defense.

I could be wrong, (it has happened before :crazy:) , but IIRC, JJ stated there was water there and that particular area couldn't be searched. Anyone else remember it this way? I don't think that would help the defense.

I think that is what he posted, but I'm not sure. And a question has come into my mind. I don't know the law on this, but maybe he refuses to give the pictures or posts to them himself, so they want to get it from Tricia instead? Would they have to subpoena that from Tricia? Or is a motion enough? I'm baffled too because I'm sure I would remember something that the defense wouldn't like posted here, especially if it was from somebody like Joe Jordan, and I don't.

I know he posted here but it was early on...before I was a total addict. :innocent: Feel free to search through WS. I just don't know how to direct you.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back