OK - Vincent LeCompte for rape of 6yo girl, Muskogee, 2006

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
:furious: WTH?! I can't fathom how they feel this is JUSTICE being served for this poor little girl!! What are these people doing in this state?! I am disgusted and fed up with this kind of sentence being handed out to these scumbags time after time!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Muskogee - A child rapist has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to raping a six-year-old girl.

Forty-four-year-old Vincent Martin LeCompte was charged with felony first-degree rape. As part of a plea agreement, LeCompte was handed a 20-year suspended sentence.

"We feel that justice has been served," Adair County Assistant District Attorney Shannon Otteson told the Muskogee Phoenix. "The defendant admitted what he did and will serve under very, very stringent rules and restrictions of probation."

Otteson says the victim had testified previously three times and that it was like being raped all over again. She says under the terms of his probation, LeCompte will be required to undergo sex offender treatment and he will be restricted on where he can live and work for the next 20 years.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0309/603499.html (Bolded by me)

Hi Seriously,

One interesting thing I noticed in the article is that the girl's family - who admits she was traumatized and in counseling - is happy with this outcome. It makes me think that there is more to this case than meets the eye.

My prayers for all people touched my this very sad crime.

The family is happy? They are as crazy as the judge. They'll put drug offenders and robbers in prison but not a child rapist. Even children and teenagers get into more trouble when they do something wrong. What a sicko world.

The family is happy? They are as crazy as the judge. They'll put drug offenders and robbers in prison but not a child rapist. Even children and teenagers get into more trouble when they do something wrong. What a sicko world.

Happy was not the right word for me to use, txsvcki. This is what the article stated:

"We met with the family in this matter and the support group for this little girl," Moore (DA) told NewsChannel 8 in an interview Friday. "They were all in favor of this particular sentence."

The girl's mother says her daughter is traumatized and is in counseling.

So the family was supportive of the sentence.

Muskogee - A child rapist has been sentenced to probation after pleading guilty to raping a six-year-old girl.
This is a perfect example of what is wrong with our criminal justice system. Forget the war on drugs. How about a war on child abusers? Afaics, it's been long overdue.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0309/603499.html
"We feel that justice has been served," Adair County Assistant District Attorney Shannon Otteson told the Muskogee Phoenix. "The defendant admitted what he did and will serve under very, very stringent rules and restrictions of probation."

Yeah, as if that works well. And why did this little girl have to testify THREE times?

DA's and judges need to realize that they not only need to bring justice to the victim, but they need to protect the public. And I do not see where the public is being protected here. I poor pity this guys future neighbors. Hey, maybe he can go live with the DA. Or babysit the judges kids.

I am so outraged by this joke of a sentence!! Unbelievable!

Was he a family member and that's why the family is supportive of this sentence? I hope he is never allowed around this little girl again! Or any other children!

Happy was not the right word for me to use, txsvcki. This is what the article stated:

"We met with the family in this matter and the support group for this little girl," Moore (DA) told NewsChannel 8 in an interview Friday. "They were all in favor of this particular sentence."

The girl's mother says her daughter is traumatized and is in counseling.

So the family was supportive of the sentence.
After they realized that the child was going to continually get dragged into court time after time...I bet they did feel it was better to let this go!!! I can't believe they would put that poor child through all this to begin with!! GRRRRR!!! There was NO reason not to videotape her testimony instead of make her testify 3 times!!

Probation for the rape of a 6 year old???? :eek: This 'justice' is as horrifying as the crime!!! This guy will reoffend - and sooner rather than latter. Right now, there is a child out there that will be his next victim. I am just sick. Poor little girl.

Not to mention the *message* this send's to other deviants in the state and our country! The govener in your state, can he do something about this? I'm so pizzed, I can't even think staright right now!

There was another man who got 6 years for raping an 11yo while her mother held a pillow over her face!! She got life and he plea bargained his way down to 6 years. He is already out of jail!

:furious: WTH?! I can't fathom how they feel this is JUSTICE being served for this poor little girl!! What are these people doing in this state?! I am disgusted and fed up with this kind of sentence being handed out to these scumbags time after time!!! :furious::furious::furious::furious:

Forty-four-year-old Vincent Martin LeCompte was charged with felony first-degree rape. As part of a plea agreement, LeCompte was handed a 20-year suspended sentence.

Otteson says the victim had testified previously three times and that it was like being raped all over again. She says under the terms of his probation, LeCompte will be required to undergo sex offender treatment and he will be restricted on where he can live and work for the next 20 years.

http://www.ktul.com/news/stories/0309/603499.html (Bolded by me)

Um EXCUSE ME - Wtf ? I had ro rub my eyes to see if I had read this right

:( What is wrong with the Judge and the Family in this case ?

The MAN (pfftttt not a man in my eyes that can think raping a 6 year old is ok) was 44 yrs old 44 ffs...not even a stupid naive hormone raging teenage kid but a 44 yr old man

I feel so sick

Hey I have a great idea :rolleyes: why don't we go and tell all the baddies - just say you are sorry and you wont do time, admit your wrong doing , be sorrowful and you will be set free :rolleyes:

OMG :furious:

And um actually re the family it says this

"We met with the family in this matter and the support group for this little girl," Moore told NewsChannel 8 in an interview Friday. "They were all in favor of this particular sentence."

So the FAMILY & The SUPPORT GROUP for the girl are ALL IN FAVOR of this particular sentence

:waitasec: soemthing Smells

Well Well well

Published March 30, 2007 10:39 am -

IT WAS HIS GRANDDAUGHTER

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_089011658.html

OMFG

snipped

District Attorney Larry Moore worked with the lawyer who represents Vincent Martin LeCompte, prior to being elected to his present position. Assistant District Attorney Nikki Baker Dotson said to avoid the appearance of impropriety, a prosecutor from Cherokee County will prosecute the case or negotiate a plea deal.

LeCompte, 42, faces one count each of first-degree rape and lewd molestation. Local authorities were alerted to the alleged abuse by Hughes County Department of Human Services in Holdenville, where the child was living with her biological father. Muskogee Police Sgt. Ginny Bemo said the child’s father learned of the alleged abuse by the child’s therapist.

LeCompte has been free on a $50,000 bond since June 28.

Interesting
http://newsok.com/article/3352970

IT says

(snipped)

Assistant District Attorney Shannon Otteson says prosecutors agreed to the deal because the victim already has testified three times.

A statement from the mother of the girl says the girl is traumatized and in counseling.

AND OMFG - it gets WORSE and WORSE

http://www.muskogeephoenix.com/local/local_story_072005609.html

snipped and bold mine

The girl has had to testify against LeCompte three times, including his preliminary hearing, she said.

“For her, it’s like being raped all over again — which was a huge consideration for us,” Otteson said. “She has to be our concern.”

The mother of the victim read a victim impact statement and told the court her daughter was the brunt of “this sick individual’s abuse. Vincent LeCompte stole my daughter’s innocence, her childhood and her trust. He took advantage of her, and she will have to deal with this the rest of her life.”

In the statement, the mother said she would go into detail, but it would make the court sick.

“Mentally, she has developed problems due to the trauma she was put through. In her mind, she knows that he will one day try to hurt her again,” the statement says. “Emotionally, she has been drained by having to talk to so many people, even having to face him. To identify him devastated her — she even freaks out at school — she thinks he is coming after her.”

The mother said her daughter sees a counselor every week to help her try to deal with the tragedy LeCompte bestowed in her life.

She told the judge LeCompte thought he would not be punished hard for what he did.

“He deserves more than what he is getting here today — but he will reap what he sowed. May God have mercy upon this sad man, and I can only pray he never hurts anyone else again.”

She said if it weren’t for the victim being a minor who has already been traumatized, “we would seek imprisonment for this sick man — without question.”

OMG
I am fuming right now!!!
This is all so sick!!!
I was abused from the time i was 11 until after i turned 17....
It messes you up so bad...
I have so many things that i'm trying to deal w/ because of it all..
and this is just a sweet, innocent, little 6 year old....
I am sooooo enraged right now...
I don't even know what to say!!!!!

i wouldn't doubt if by this time the little girl feels guilty herself for what happened. so totally wrong on so many levels. how can this child ever feel safe again when the judicial system won't even help her? this guy should be thrown in jail and the key lost forever. i can understand the family not wanting to put her thru any more and probably added guilt since this is her grandfather. you know at one time she probably loved her grandfather, before he started this. they probably had to weigh the worse with an even bigger worse and that's not fair. they shouldn't have had to make that choice. judge should have said jail that's it!

Druggies & robbers getting jail time? What about them putting a woman with a WAY overdue video in jail? But a rapist, well that's no so bad. :sick:

This thing gets probation? AND the family is happy? IS this a relative then?

OMG, I hope someone non 'accidently' drives over him. :furious:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghost246
Back