APM's In The Dark Podcast Series

If only I could have identified him [emoji189]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You DID IDENTIFY HIM......as a young boy....you had the nerve and the courage to identify him by your very descriptions to LE...despite his threat to kill you if you identified him.....that in itself is courageous-you could have kept quiet. You may have not pinpointed him directly in a lineup....but your COURAGE to SPEAK UP.....SPEAKS VOLUMES....BRAVERY. You are as a Man and were as a Boy....very BRAVE. Because of you the case was ultimately solved.

Don't do that to yourself�� I don't know you, and you don't know me, however at that time..you were a INNOCENT CHILD!
If this comment is meant to be nothing but sarcasm..( your emoji doesn't show on Tapatalk )
I get it..from your perspective, yet it makes me sad and pisses me off even more that ANYone had the mindset from the get go..to look to YOU ( be it blame, answers, or otherwise ) in the first place! As a MOTHER, and a SURVIVOR..I can't fathom trying to justify putting ANY amount of pressure on a CHILD that's been through such trauma..10 years ago..25 years ago.. or the next day, period.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Fair enough, and well spoken. It ultimately resolves itself to Survivor's Guilt. Many war veterans experience the same thing. Why were Jared, Aaron, Trevor spared the same fate?

Looks like the Wetterlings are writing the same story I have been-

'POLICE DID ALL THEY COULD’

Heinrich, who took Jacob less than a mile from his home in St. Joseph, was questioned in 1989 and 1990 about the boy’s disappearance, but he denied any involvement. The Wetterlings said Tuesday that police did all they could at the time.

“He was investigated really strongly back in January of 1990, and we were aware of that investigation,” Jerry Wetterling said. “But they didn’t have anything evidentiary to arrest him.”

“Had he not told us where Jacob was, I don’t know that we ever would have found Jacob,” Patty Wetterling said. “It wasn’t a matter of not being aggressive enough. You can feel somebody might be guilty, but how much can you legally do? They followed him. They did all kinds of work trying to catch him, or get him to talk, circling the wagons around him, but they had nothing until the search warrant when they got him on *advertiser censored*.”

http://www.twincities.com/2016/10/11/jacob-wetterling-family-struggles-with-one-question-why/
Well..pat yourself on the back and let's move on..

Would the public have continued to pay for following Heinrich? Would it be legal to keep following him?
Not sure it was " legal " to put DR through all that he went through, yet..
If it weren't for you, Jacob's case would still be unsolved. I have so much respect for all you've done.

" Stearns County had investigated crimes more heinous than the Wetterling abduction, and botched it every time "

Interesting...

There were different Sheriff's and personnel over the years.

In a case like this where there was no forensic evidence, the interrogation is the best shot LE has. The hope is that the perp will either confess or trip himself up. Heinrich didn't. I do not fault anyone for failing to get him.

The question of why they went after DR is the real question to me. The Dark podcast makes a pretty good case that the Sterns Co. Sheriffs Dept in general and Sheriff Sanner in particular are completely incompetent. I am not so quick to write this off as simple misfeasance. In two relatively high profile US False Conviction cases there was what might be called " bad blood" between the original investigators and those who got the convictions ( that were later reversed after DNA evidence was checked). I suspect that both cases may have been the result of law enforcement officers being willing to send some innocent man to prison in order to make a rival law enforcement officer look bad. This would be as egregious abuse of power of as you can get.

I have no reason to believe this is the case in this situation. I am not privy to the inter workings of the original investigation. Of course Sanner wanted to get reelected but the harassment of DR could have backfired. and no charges were ever filed against DR but

In a case like this where there was no forensic evidence, the interrogation is the best shot LE has. The hope is that the perp will either confess or trip himself up. Heinrich didn't. I do not fault anyone for failing to get him.

The question of why they went after DR is the real question to me. The Dark podcast makes a pretty good case that the Sterns Co. Sheriffs Dept in general and Sheriff Sanner in particular are completely incompetent. I am not so quick to write this off as simple misfeasance. In two relatively high profile US False Conviction cases there was what might be called " bad blood" between the original investigators and those who got the convictions ( that were later reversed after DNA evidence was checked). I suspect that both cases may have been the result of law enforcement officers being willing to send some innocent man to prison in order to make a rival law enforcement officer look bad. This would be as egregious abuse of power of as you can get.

I have no reason to believe this is the case in this situation. I am not privy to the inter workings of the original investigation. Of course Sanner wanted to get reelected but the harassment of DR could have backfired. and no charges were ever filed against DR but

In your hypothetical, who would be the LE and what would be the gain? The big dig was in 2010 and nothing happened. Was Sanner up for reelection then?

I wonder about the DR claims of being harrassed for years. Did anyone have a clue about him before 2010? There were lots of false things sent in about the Wetterlings, I am sure. We know there were the Stearns Truth Tapes which were focused on some other people. There was Hollinger. And Hart. I wonder if there were a lot of tips sent in about DR?

In your hypothetical, who would be the LE and what would be the gain? The big dig was in 2010 and nothing happened. Was Sanner up for reelection then?

I wonder about the DR claims of being harrassed for years. Did anyone have a clue about him before 2010? There were lots of false things sent in about the Wetterlings, I am sure. We know there were the Stearns Truth Tapes which were focused on some other people. There was Hollinger. And Hart. I wonder if there were a lot of tips sent in about DR?
Good question, the DR question.
Personally, I think DR has been nothing but honest.
I don't think he would fabricate such things. He's been hurt, violated, as were his parents. ( and 2010-2016.. those are years 😉)
JMO

Good question, the DR question.
Personally, I think DR has been nothing but honest.
I don't think he would fabricate such things. He's been hurt, violated, as were his parents. ( and 2010-2016.. those are years ��)
JMO

He is claimng being harrassed before 2010. Who even knew who he was before 2010? I suppose people in the area, but anyone else?

He is claimng being harrassed before 2010. Who even knew who he was before 2010? I suppose people in the area, but anyone else?
I see, I'm not sure on that one dear..great question for a local, maybe?

One of the bizarre things about this case is I think it would have been relatively easy for Trevor or Aaron to identify Rassier as the abductor, especially Trevor who lived down the street. And I'm sure *everyone* knew Dan and his parents and his farm due to that being the only thing on that side of the road until the residential area of Dale St.

Cannot listen. I read the text and it says Heinrich imdicates he may have had more victims, Does the podcast elaborate on that?

It tries to, but nothing beyond if he's possibly referring to the Paynesville attacks or other attacks entirely. He says "victims and their families" which could simply mean Jacob and Jared and their families.

Even though the plea agreement was crafted in such a way that he couldn't be questioned about other attacks, I firmly believe he's going to talk, either to reporters or to other inmates. He already talked to another inmate who was facing child *advertiser censored* charges last spring, and from what I've been hearing he was quick to talk to co-workers and neighbors in the past about how he was questioned in Jacob's disappearance, as if that were something to brag about.

One of the bizarre things about this case is I think it would have been relatively easy for Trevor or Aaron to identify Rassier as the abductor, especially Trevor who lived down the street. And I'm sure *everyone* knew Dan and his parents and his farm due to that being the only thing on that side of the road until the residential area of Dale St.

Actually, the Wetterlings knew him not at all. No clue if the kids knew him at all. Who cares about a thirty year old guy when you are a kid?

You don't think people in the area was enough? Even if LE had never named him as a POI, there would always be rumors about the single man in his 30's who was alone at the end of the driveway where Jacob was taken from. Anyone who has lived in a small town can attest to nature of the rumor mill, especially when there's nobody else to pin the blame on.

You don't think people in the area was enough? Even if LE had never named him as a POI, there would always be rumors about the single man in his 30's who was alone at the end of the driveway where Jacob was taken from. Anyone who has lived in a small town can attest to nature of the rumor mill, especially when there's nobody else to pin the blame on.

Hiw about the rumors about Patty and Jerry that started day 1 and never ended?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305
Back