Facts and Opinions Relating to Gary M Hilton Serial Killer???-

Interesting article... while I am not surprised to learn this, it is the first I have heard about Hilton being in possession of the newspaper and headlines surrounding his dastly deeds. I apologize if this has already been posted/discussed...

Meredith Emerson's death haunts lead GBI investigator

When police captured Hilton, they found two days of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution — all with front-page stories about the search — in Hilton's van, Cagle said.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/stories/2008/03/01/cagle_0302.html?cxntlid=inform

You are correct, I had not heard this before, either....which means that he stopped in at least 2 places to buy newspapers, and would have had poor Meredith in the van.....

You are correct, I had not heard this before, either....which means that he stopped in at least 2 places to buy newspapers, and would have had poor Meredith in the van.....
Do we know he had her in the van? I was thinking he may have bound her securely and left her in the woods. It would have likely been safer for him to do that than to drive her around.

I have read in several places that she was in the van when he was calling Tabor.
The last night of her life, he did leave her tied to a tree from what I have read, then came back in the AM, told her he was going to free her, and killed her.
Just awful, and I am frankly glad I do not know more than I do know!

One of the ladies at the Huddle House said she imagined ME was in the van in quotes about the call to Tabor, but I've not seen anything saying ME was ever actually in the van when he left the campsite in Dawson county. I don't think he was careless enough to take her along for such trips - if he was, he was trying to get caught. His behavior after he killed her - specifically that he was arrested while scrubbing out the van with bleach - leads me to believe he did not want to get caught.

I'm really surprised he didn't either kill her dog, Ella, or take the dog to an entirely separate locale out in the woods and release her. Releasing the dog near where he left the most damning evidence (the bloody fleece garments of ME and the bloody cut off seat beat from his van) was careless beyond belief. Of course, the dog may have gotten loose by accident as he threw away the items and he felt chasing down the dog would draw too much attention to him and the van. He obviously knew his van, his picture and the description of both dogs was widely publicized given the AJC found in his van.

That guy Glenn Adams who has posted over at Topix and Gretawire that he thinks he found where Hilton kept Meredith might have been on to something - Hilton may have kept Meredith somewhere while he drove around.

Thing is - that should be readily available information and I can't see that it would impede other cases. Perhaps the GBI thinks it would be shocking for us to find out where Meredith was that whole time and how she was treated. They aren't telling - but I bet they know.

Interesting, thanks NNY.

This part of the article:
On March 19, 1979, Hilton married his third wife, Betty Sue Edwards Galloway, who at the time was employed as a law enforcement officer for Atlanta’s Stone Mountain Park. Just seven months later, this marriage also ended in divorce. According to court records, Hilton had no children. None of his former wives could be reached for comment.

Made me pause for a moment. There was a gaurd shack employee killed at Stone Mtn..don't remember exactly when or circumstances, but, I think it's still unsolved.....not sure. Will go and look now, see if I can find it.

Found it, her name was Anita Redmon, she was shot and killed...do not think this is related.

Here is local news from 2/18/08

On July 16, 2005, Anita was a working at the west gate to Stone Mountain Park.

A short time after midnight, a woman walked up to the gate and told Anita Redmon that she left her shoes in the park. As is procedure, Anita called dispatch and told them the woman would be coming back inside. A short time after that, dispatch called Anita back on the phone, and the dispatcher heard a robbery go down.

Anita knew police codes and signals and she actually started screaming out the signal for an armed robbery. The dispatcher heard a pop.

Two and a half years later, leads have not dried up, but her killer has not been caught.

http://www.11alive.com/news/local/seen_on/article_seenon.aspx?storyid=111529

That guy Glenn Adams who has posted over at Topix and Gretawire that he thinks he found where Hilton kept Meredith might have been on to something - Hilton may have kept Meredith somewhere while he drove around.

Thing is - that should be readily available information and I can't see that it would impede other cases. Perhaps the GBI thinks it would be shocking for us to find out where Meredith was that whole time and how she was treated. They aren't telling - but I bet they know.
Still haven't seen anything in Glenn Adams writings other than his psychic powers to suggest the cabin he is saying is where Meredith was kept had anything to do with this crime. If this was the case, her DNA and Ella's DNA would be all over the place. You can bet GBI has checked it out by now.

GBI likely is not releasing details of where and under what circumstances ME was kept prior to her death because it would be hurtful to the Emerson family to have to read that. There is no reason for them to release it at this point - GMH has confessed, been convicted and been sentenced. That case is closed. The public does not automatically have a right to see all evidence LE collected in that case.

This is the strangest thing. Hilton helped with a 1995 murder film about killing women in the North Georgia mountains. His attorney at the time was also the film maker.

http://www.11alive.com/news/article_news.aspx?storyid=112422
My guess is that Hilton got the idea from the movie plot. Has anyone seen this movie? What are the plot lines? Do any seem to coincide with the reality of any of the murders in which GMH is a suspect? Did the killer gain notoriety in the film? Hilton does seem to like the attention he is getting from this.

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1804515302/details

I've not seen the movie, didn't know anything about it until concernedperson posted the article.

Really creepy that Hilton had any "creative" hand in the storyline!!!

It is creepy and it makes me wonder if some of this wasn't from first hand experience going back to 1995. Seems odd that he would just start killing in 2007 at his age.

It is creepy and it makes me wonder if some of this wasn't from first hand experience going back to 1995. Seems odd that he would just start killing in 2007 at his age.

I agree. I don't think Hilton just began murdering in 2008.

I think some of his " creative ideas came from real life murders he had already committed.

Apparently the FBI thinks so too, as they have sent their profilers to do studies on him. ( I'll see if I can find that article again )
Just like Hannible Lector! :eek:

Did Hilton assist with the movie in exchange for fees that he owed the lawyer? When I viewed his 1995 mug shot I assumed he had a public defender. Hilton sure had a way of working for assorted lawyers. Why didn't he tap this guy for money instead of Tabor, like for royalties or a sequel.

Still haven't seen anything in Glenn Adams writings other than his psychic powers to suggest the cabin he is saying is where Meredith was kept had anything to do with this crime. If this was the case, her DNA and Ella's DNA would be all over the place. You can bet GBI has checked it out by now.

No, I realize that it might not be THE cabin that Glenn Adams found. I probably should have left Glenn Adams out of my post.

What I meant was, I think there's a possibility that Hilton didn't keep Meredith in the van full time. How would he explain her away the next time he got stopped by a cop? (he seemed to have that happen every couple of weeks...) He may have kept her someplace like a cabin (or elsewhere), just so he wouldn't have her with him all the time.

BTW that whole Hilton/movie thing is beyond creepy. The lawyer/movie producer who said something like "Hilton was a sociopath but with such creative ideas" has got something wrong with his head. Ick Ick Ick. Or should I have said Sick Sick Sick? Gives me the willies.

There are two photo sites where Glenn Adams, a retired Atlanta firefighter, posted photos from the abandoned house and barn where Hilton kept Meredith tied up. There is a dump area with clothing that someone tried to burn. Glenn is not a reporter, and he can't type or spell well, but I'm very glad that investigators are starting to check into the things he found. Glenn has been pleading since the first week of January '08 for someone to investigate. www.glennindawson.blogspot.com (keep clicking Older Posts to view all of it) Glenn also posted digital photos at his Kodak gallery site http://tinyurl.com/ytal2s (was a very long URL). The abandoned house and barns are the second row of photos.

I've never thought GMH drove his victims around any more than absolutely necessary to get them to a place for safe keeping. I seriously doubt ME was in the van any of the times GMH left wherever he kept her. Keeping her at an abandoned home site Adams keeps touting would have been very risky. Look at the pic of this house (from The tiny URL site Marshmallow posted) - see that yellow line on the road? They only put those on roads that are used a lot in the south.
59823499314_0_BG.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back