Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#9

Status
Not open for further replies.
whoa...that is not a real trial transcript. I haven't followed this case much but have been reading recently and THIS is what's posted?

~snip from the "transcript"

The following transcript is based on an interpretation of
the trial testimony of Amanda Knox done by Thoughtful from video
and audio recordings and posted on perugiamurderfile.org.
References to video and audio sources, and some descriptive
material has been eliminated, and a few words have been
translated differently. The purpose of doing this is to create a
transcipt similar to those common to US legal proceedings to
permit specific page and line references analysis or discussion
of her testimony.

hmmmmmm
thanks for the headsup
that is very upsetting...
where can the real pdf transcripts be found?

hmmmmmm
thanks for the headsup
that is very upsetting...
where can the real pdf transcripts be found?

Why is it a problem that it is formatted to US legal proceeding standards?

Why is it a problem that it is formatted to US legal proceeding standards?

It isn't the formatting that is concerning but instead knowing how much creative license was applied. The words I underlined are troublesome, in my opinion, because it was not based on the true translation but instead on someone's interpretation.

The following transcript is based on an interpretation of
the trial testimony of Amanda Knox done by Thoughtful from video
and audio recordings and posted on perugiamurderfile.org.
References to video and audio sources, and some descriptive
material has been eliminated, and a few words have been
translated differently.

It isn't the formatting that is concerning but instead knowing how much creative license was applied. The words I underlined are troublesome, in my opinion, because it was not based on the true translation but instead on someone's interpretation.

I get it. I believe that it was very difficult to translate the Massei Report. There is so much innuendo in the Italian language that it's impossible to translate all of the meaning. If the Massei Report and all translations of the Italian documents related to the trial for the murder of Meredith Kercher have to be thrown out, so be it. We will have nothing left but US media reports. The court transcripts were translated by the same people that have translated all of the documents. Oddly, neither Knox nor Sollecito have complained that they were translated incorrectly.

Hopefully one of the locals that claims to be fluent in Italian can sort it out.

So the options are a computer translation, the suspect, or a coordinated volunteer effort of professional translators?

Before we toss all the translations out the window, could we have an example of where the translations are incorrect?

We would have to be fluent in Italian to know that, wouldn't we? Where would examples be found?

As far as I understand, the Kerchers are employing the lawyer to represent the victim in court. Abuse of copyright and violation of third party rights is something they can explore after the appeals are concluded. I don't think there's a lot of extra money for peripheral legal pursuits.

Furthermore, with Knox purchasing the $20 upgrade on wordpress, to get the knox web name, the account was taken over by another branch of wordpress.

Did Knox contribute to the funds that she linked on her page?

if i have the correct page, it doesn't look like it would cost anything to request the link be removed -- if one can prove ownership of disputed link:

http://automattic.com/dmca-notice/

otto, how would i know that? if amanda doesn't say or blog about a contribution to the MK fund, she'd be bashed for being selfish and uncaring. if she did say or blog she did contribute, she'd be called out for bragging or told she's only trying to hide her guilt.

like another poster said today, damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

I get it. I believe that it was very difficult to translate the Massei Report. There is so much innuendo in the Italian language that it's impossible to translate all of the meaning. If the Massei Report and all translations of the Italian documents related to the trial for the murder of Meredith Kercher have to be thrown out, so be it. We will have nothing left but US media reports. The court transcripts were translated by the same people that have translated all of the documents. Oddly, neither Knox nor Sollecito have complained that they were translated incorrectly.

Hopefully one of the locals that claims to be fluent in Italian can sort it out.

I will run it by administration. Meanwhile, I opened the new thread. This one will close in five minutes.

Amanda Knox tried for the murder of Meredith Kercher in Italy *NEW TRIAL*#10 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

So the options are a computer translation, the suspect, or a coordinated volunteer effort of professional translators?

Before we toss all the translations out the window, could we have an example of where the translations are incorrect?

as i stated just above, i don't believe there is a problem with the version amber linked. it is also on IIP.

We would have to be fluent in Italian to know that, wouldn't we? Where would examples be found?

I don't know, but I'm assuming that whomever is objecting to the quality of the translation can provide at least one example, referencing a video segment, of an incorrect translation. Knox and Sollecito have been out of prison for a few years and written books. Neither has even remarked that any of the translations are incorrect.

Everything from the Massei Report on is translated by the same group of people ... and the report before that as well, I believe. If the transcripts are incorrect, then all of it must be incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288